New Favorite Dramas?

Thanks for letting me know where to find those dramas! I’ll definitely have to check them out sometime soon :grin:

I’m glad you’re able to find enjoyment in Psychopath Diary despite its themes and genre :relaxed: There are some rare cases when the characters of a drama are so good that I can look past a premise or story that doesn’t generally appeal to me.

Generally speaking, I’m not much for Chinese dramas. I am, however, a huge fan of fantasy, so perhaps I should check out Ever Night for that reason :thinking:

1 Like

That is an extremely compelling description of Ever Night :hushed: You both have argued for it so convincingly that I feel I must—at the very least—give the first episode a watch! Here’s hoping it becomes one of the few Chinese dramas I’ve ever finished :sweat_smile::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching two kdramas lately, Chocolate (currently airing, not on VIKI) and Chicago Typewriter. Both have pleasantly surprised me by how good they are (and I had already thought they’d be good before watching them). I have been especially captivated by Chicago Typewriter. The twists and turns of the plot have really caught me off guard, and I’ve only just finished (I think) episode 5.

2 Likes

My new favorite drama here is: Cinderella and 4 Knights. Although is not new, I just saw it here again, and I cried, laughed, got all hype, and really enjoyed this drama AGAIN. No matter what your age this drama is for everyone. Hope you watch this amazing drama.

I wonder what happened to that young actress I really love her acting but so far, after the drama with the sick older guy I haven’t seen her again.

2 Likes

Up to you! People have so different tastes that we can’t like everything the same :ok_woman:‍♀

I’ve been waiting for Psychopath Diary to end (in about 1 month so I could binge it :slight_smile:)
I spoiled myself watching the beginning of ep 6 to screenshot the new video player to my friends.
So creepy!! Love it!

Just the beginning of ep 6 reminded me of 2 movies from 2018-2019:

Thrillers soft spot :hugs:

3 Likes

I have Chocolate on my watch-list right now, so I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying it! Chicago Typewriter impressed me as well with its plot twists and character building :grin: I even added it to my Viki collection, Best Korean Dramas Ever!

Gosh, your enthusiasm for that drama makes me feel like I should watch it again :laughing: I wasn’t a very big fan the first time around, but perhaps it would be different this time. As for that actress—she recently acted in a movie called Parasite, but I don’t know if she has any drama work lined up currently :thinking:

2 Likes

@angelight Here is the AsianWiki for Park So Dam

http://asianwiki.com/Park_So-Dam

I really enjoyed her acting in Beautiful Mind, and I want to see her in Parasite.
I watched Cinderella and Four Knights because the OST “Only One” is sung by my favorite Kpop group, BTOB.

2 Likes

@lulamcmuela/@helenama73_911

I tried finding ‘‘Paradise’’ with Park So Dam with no luck (not even YT/ Ntfx/Tuby/Prime). I like this young actress bc she’s very natural, and I’m just hoping she doesn’t fall in the ‘‘plastic surgery’’ trap.

She has the innocence they all start with, and I hope she keeps it that way like IU has been able to do that too. If you notice from earlier dramas you can see they both look the same physically. No major changes as they have matured (gotten older).

2 Likes

Here is the trailer. I haven’t tried looking for the actual movie yet, but maybe I will sometime…

2 Likes

Totally agree with you on that :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know whether the drama or movie Paradise exists or we are talking about the same movie, but the trailer is about Parasite :laughing:

Parasite is probably on the web.

2 Likes

@piranna/@helenama73_911

hahaha no wonder I couldn’t find the drama, if is Parasite and I wrote Paradise. Ever since I was diagnosed with Lupus I noticed that I think of a word but I write something else slightly different. It has been getting worst with time.

3 Likes

Lol it is okay!

3 Likes

now I got to find parasite(?) and the other one mentioned, wow am I ever going to catch up?

I enjoyed chicago typewriter, but it became boring for me. cinderella & 4 knights, wil be my 3rd time to watch, just wish it culd have a better ending haven’t checked chocolate yet. and evernight? haven’t seen that one either, so gt to get a move on! catch up

2 Likes

Watch [Chocolate] (NTFLX) with HA JI WON. I’m so heartbroken bc I KNOW she did plastic surgery, and she looks nothing like her! I only knew it was her after I read the cast of characters bc I said ‘‘she looks a bit like another actress but can’t recall her name bc I can’t recognize her’’ so I looked into the cast of characters and sigh totally shocked! I never thought she would fall into the trap of Plastic world. She was naturally pretty and was different from the rest and now she’s one more of the bunch that look so alike.

1 Like

started watching it on NX, so will let you know what I think later. and she had plastic surgery, thats one I didn’t know.

2 Likes

I stopped watching Chocolate bc is written by: Lee Kyung-hee, who happens to love to end dramas with tragic/sad endings. I’ll put this one on hold, until I hear if this one is not a tragic ending drama after all (reviews I read are hinting otherwise).

1 Like

I’ve just started watching Crashing Landing On You on NX (as it only has two episodes available right now) but it’s pretty good so far! I recommend it if any of y’all need something to fill a bit of time at the moment.

2 Likes

@lulamcmuela

I’m watching it right now! I was waiting for this drama for the longest and is finally available now. Thank you so much!

I needed something new after Vagabond ( I’m anxiously waiting for 2nd. season), and When the Camellias bloom ended…:sob:

1 Like