New Favorite Dramas?

I’ve seen some clips from Vagabond and the chemistry between the leads looks amazing :heart_eyes: I haven’t watched it yet though—action/adventure dramas have never really been my type, but I might make an exception for that one :wink:

2 Likes

“Parasite” is still in some theatres here in Arizona.

1 Like

@lulamcmuela

You won’t regret watching this action packed drama bc it was done just right. I usually have scenes to criticize in k dramas but with this drama all I can say is praises about it. The couple of LSG and Suzy Bae are so perfect together it baffles the mind why they have never dated in real life. lol

1 Like

My NEW FAVORITE drama? [CRASH LANDING ON YOU] NTFX. Please, if you have access to this wonderful drama don’t miss it. Different story PLOT, with sexy HYUN BIN who has an attractiveness you very rarely see in Asian men. Naturally handsome, and is not all plastic surgery ( he did have some done). The girl/actress is ‘‘GROWING’’ on me bc I don’t feel the ‘‘couple feeling yet’’ but you can’t have it all in life. It happened with Park Shin Hye and towards the end of the drama i was ‘‘rooting’’ for them. Still waiting for the season 2.

1 Like

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone :christmas_tree::confetti_ball:!

Anyone have exciting k-drama plans for this new year? I got my Viki Pass updated to the Plus version for Christmas, so I’ve been binge-watching Extra-Ordinary You with my sister these past few days :relaxed: I’m also looking forward to seeing what new dramas 2020 brings :thinking:

4 Likes

@lulamcmuela

HAPPY BLESSED NEW YEAR 2020 to you, and your family. May it bring all your heart’s desires.

2 Likes

What a beautiful New Year’s tiding! Thank you, and may this new year bless you and your family as well :relaxed::pray:

1 Like

happy new year everyone.

2 Likes

I wish this coming New Year we also see here at this site great American movies/shows since
I have read some ppl’s comments in some dramas and they love to criticize ‘‘Western TV’’ so much bc they haven’t really enjoyed seeing quality movies like "ONE FLIGHT OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST’’ (1975) which deal with mental institution abuse and it has some parts that are funny in a way but shockingly gets to touch your heart in many ways.

‘‘Mrs. Doubtfire’’ with Robin Williams (RIP) the best family movie I saw with my kids. THE Parent TRAP’’ (great family movie too)’‘Sleeping with the Enemy’’ (more mature theme) it’s something like My Mister but it shows a way of how the abused woman fights/Kicks back her abuser.

I would love to see here shows like NCI or Chicago PD which are fantastic shows. I know this site is mainly about Asian dramas/movies but I would love to see some American Classics here too. They only see this new era of movies which are a bit rated R but I hope they can also enjoy the nice family movies, shows and dramas we have here in USA.

3 Likes

Thank you Angel for the recommendations! I don’t mind watching American movies/dramas if they are good :slight_smile:
One of my favorites since I was a child is Candleshoe (1977) starring Jodie Foster. It is a treasure hunting drama in a mansion, but it deals with neglected kids/ friendship. It’s an interesting movie, at least for me.

2 Likes

@helenama73_911

Jodie Foster is a great actress I loved her superb acting in PANIC ROOM. But Silence of the Lamb in my opinion was her masterpiece acting (very strong theme though/ cannibalism) I’m sorry to say some scenes you have to laugh bc they made them funny to ease the tension (I went to the movie theater for this one) and rewatched recently and still jumped and screamed lol Have you seen those two? If you don’t like violence/blood don’t watch them.

I never knew about her in Candleshoe, and I’m going to have to buy it since is the only way they have it available on YT. I also checked NTFX and it’s not there either. Sounds interesting too. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

what happened to evergreen? scroll up to the top and you will see it there.

1 Like

I haven’t seen them, maybe I will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@helenama73_911

My new favorite drama is CHOCOLATE although is full of so many sad parts but my favorite actress Ha Ji Won is doing such an excellent job there that I can’t miss this one.

I’m so proud of her after overcoming the terrible tragedy that happened in her family she made a great comeback, and I hope she continues to gift us with her presence in more dramas and in her new role as a screenwriter for the 132 minutes film [PARASITE] that won the 2020 Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film. Director Boon Jo-ho, received the award but sadly I didn’t see Ha Ji Won there too.

It’s like her brother and father from heaven are blessing her to help her through her grief and to help her move on with her life. I hope RAKUTEN viki give us the pleasure to see both: the drama (prepare the tissues):sob::sob::sob::sob: and the movie ( I haven’t seen it yet).:disappointed::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

@angelight313_168
Chocolate is an exclusive at N*****x. :cry:
It seems that Viki can’t acquire already licensed dramas from there.
BUT it can be brought here after some years have passed… (I guess when its license expires)

And about parasite… That has a great chance! The best k-movie of 2019 :grinning:
VIKI should try to get it since it’s not licensed elsewhere.

2 Likes

@marykarmelina

Can you guys help me out? I put a request here and am hoping we get to see PARASITE at viki. I already submitted a request but I just need your support. Thank you!

btw Chocolate is getting much harder to watch and I don’t know how much more pain I can take from that drama. I’m upto episode 11 and is unbelievable the buckets of tears I shed watching it…sigh*

2 Likes

I’m adding another request for CRASH LANDING ON YOU. I really hope the Rvikians can enjoy such a wonderful drama. I can’t say enough of this drama. HYUN BIN has never disappointed me. What a dream guy that makes any woman shine. I’m in love…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes