New Favorite Dramas?

LOL! That entire drama was nicely summed up in a short clip I saw on Facebook. I didn’t bother watching it. (Even though I absolutely love Kim Woo Bin).

I usually steer clear of dramas with idol actors as main leads. I learned my lesson the hard way after watching My Lovable Girl

1 Like

Hey @youraverageangel :wave:!

Now that you’ve said a bit about what “Wanted” is about, I think I actually have heard of it! I saw some trailers for it when it first came out. It looked super good, if a bit intense :open_mouth:.

What can we say, we’re romantics at heart :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Thank you for commenting and telling me about the dramas you like :blush:.

Sincerely,
(:books: :bug:) Lula

Welcome to the discussion, @ady_313 :wave:!

I’m so glad you decided to comment on here :smile:. I started watching k-dramas around the same time as you, actually!

I’ve watched all of those drama that you said you liked the best from 2016, and I definitely agree that they’re some great dramas :+1:! I especially enjoyed “Descendants of the Sun”, but I know that “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” was a super popular drama this year as well :grin:.

As for you starting “Goblin” and “W” soon, I can’t wait to see what you think of them! “Goblin” became my new favorite drama as soon as I watched the first episode–it’s that good. If you’re a fan of Lee Jong Suk (and even if you’re not) you’ll enjoy “W” :kissing_smiling_eyes:.

I didn’t even make it to the middle of “Uncontrollably Fond” because the characters and acting were so bad :disappointed:, so I 100% agree with you. Definitely a disappointment after all the hype, although probably worse for die-hard fans of Kim Woo Bin.

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you keep commenting to tell us about dramas you’ve enjoyed or disliked :persevere:!

Sincerely,

well being there is snow in the forcast for thisd weekend, I will have a mega watch on thesde different shows mentioned here. I am watching Goblin, and the others I will watch this weekend! popcorn & hot chocolate!! oh yeah the general & I, sounds interesting.

1 Like

Hey @marygrether1_gmail_c :wave:!

Being snowed in is definitely the best excuse to binge-watch dramas :joy: :clap:. Once you’re caught up on the new dramas, let us know what you thought :wink:!

Sincerely,

Hey guys :wave:!
(:books: :bug:) Lula here with some more questions for everyone :heart_eyes:

1: Who are some of your favorite male and female actors?

2: What is your favorite drama that your #1 bias has acted in?

3: What recent drama do you most wish would have a 2nd season?

4: How long have you been watching Korean dramas?

5: What was the drama that first got you hooked?

Hope you guys have fun answering these new questions :nerd:! I look forward to seeing your replies.

Don’t forget to go subscribe to my Fan Collection “Best Korean Dramas Ever!”, and turn on notifications for this discussion :wink:.

To everyone who has contributed to this discussion, thank you so much :blush:. Seeing there’s a new comment here makes me so happy and grateful :flushed::cry:.
I hope everyone is healthy, happy, and looking forward to what’s in store for 2017!

Sincerely,

you NEED to watch ‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ I don’t watch a lot of historical dramas, but this kdrama blew me away

1 Like

Hey @wonkyhearts :wave:!

I actually got started on “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” when it was airing, but I kind of fizzled off after seeing one too many spoilers :cold_sweat:. I’ll definitely be giving it another full watch sometimes soon though :ok_hand:!

Sincerely,

Voice! just finished Goblin the lonely god, awesome

1 Like

I also finished watching “Goblin”, which was so bittersweet for me :sob:. I like the way they ended it, but of course I didn’t want it to actually end!
Everyone’s acting was spectacular, but I was particularly impressed by Gong Yoo and Dong Wook :clap:. Their bromance was without a doubt one of the things I loved most about “Goblin” :joy:. What were some of your favorite parts/aspects of “Goblin”?

Sincerely,

I could say all of it, but there were some, places I did like, they kept us up to date by switching back & forth in the time. I did like that. the doors that they opened and was somewhere else. like you yes I hated to see it end. the memories of all of them, that in itself was amazing, and the memories trickled back ever so slowly. and yeah what about that king being the grip reaper??? and as for romantic, c’mon we have to have that ( I also am a romantic). even if they were 900 years difference in ages, hehehehehehe the ghosts played a part too, wish they could have done just a bit more there,. the “witch” or whatever was she 900 years old too/ wasn’t there a scene they showed her back then, and then showed her at that bridge.? the ring, oh yeah and the grip reaper wept over that picture, one thing, the boy the one that called them uncle, did you see him in the past story? or was he just a new soul on earth, I loved the scenery too, both Canada and where ever that place was 900 years ago. isn’t amazing all that snow and he didn’t get cold. anyway still did love the show, actors & actresses, all of it! If the writers and all did more, I think it would have ruined the story. sure I can say if they did this or that, and so on, leave it, I say.!

1 Like

Legend of the blue sea was really good😍Something was missing tho in the end for me;-; Right now I am watching Hwarang (cause duh V and Minho are there xD) and Missing 9 (Because Chanyeol plays in there) And i don’t regret it at all!THEY ARE BOTH SO GOOD😍

2 Likes

Sorry I’m so late in replying to this :cold_sweat:!

Totally agree with you about how amazing “Goblin” was :kissing_closed_eyes:.
The acting was incredible, the relationships between the characters were deep and complex, and the scenery was absolutely beautiful (totally screen-shot worthy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). The way it ended was surprisingly satisfying, for me at least. I definitely share your thoughts about how it might’ve gone bad if they’d tried to stretch it out too much, which happens in too many potentially good dramas :tired_face:.

While I was so sad to see “Goblin” end, it was a wonderful drama to have watched, and definitely my new favorite (Sorry, "Descendants of the Sun :sweat_smile:)!

Sincerely,

Hey, @staninfinite :wave:!

Welcome to the discussion :kissing_smiling_eyes:!

I agree with you about “Legend of the Blue Sea” being good, and I also agree with your thought that the ending might’ve had a bit more. It seemed a bit anticlimactic after all they’d been through. I was also hoping we’d get a beautiful swimming scene during the end, but alas, we did not :cold_sweat:. All considered though, a very good drama!

I laughed when I read the second part of your comment because those are the exact same reasons why I’m watching both “Hwarang” and “Missing 9” :joy:.
“Hwarang” at least in my opinion, isn’t very good. The writing and dialogue seems slow and awkward to me, and so far the main ships aren’t really compelling. I do, however, ship Ban Ryu and Soo Ho’s sister TO THE MAXXXX (they’re just so freakin’ adorable)!

Now, with “Missing 9” I started watching it because of Chanyeol, who is my bias in EXO. I’m not a huge fan of those types of dramas, so I started watching it with no small sense of trepidation. I was, however, surprised when I found myself thoroughly enjoying not just Chanyeol’s screen time (:heart_eyes:), but all the other character’s as well! I’m looking forward to see what happens with the storyline.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on these dramas! I hope you continuously let me know what you think of them :persevere:.

Sincerely,

I loved WANTED…but ‘‘Oh my Geum Bi’’ broke my heart so I just saw it halfway and skipped to the end. The ending was so upsetting to me bc i hoped the research they worked on her. would work. Some say it did, I say it didn’t. I like to watch any drama with different settings or stories like SANCTUARY or ‘‘When a snail falls in love’’ it was in my opinion good drama too.

I know I’m going off the topic but movies here at viki are great too!. I would love to recommend a few if you don’t mind.

There is a mini-series that feels like is a movie bc is extremely short ; MIRACLE it was in my opinion cute and delightful. Although I feel is more for younger viewers, I really feel older crowd can enjoy it too If you love horror/scary/ strange or real life movies ‘‘ALONE’’ is incredibly shocking but funny at t times I laughed so much in some parts couldn’t stop. ‘‘Alice: Boy from Wonderland’’ is also a great movie to watch and so weirdly different. --’‘Whatcha wearin?’’ with Ji Sung and the girl from 200 pounds beauty…wow (a little on the rated ‘‘R’’ so hopefully everyone here is 18 and over for that one).
SILENCED the real life story movie with Gong Yoon? ( lead guy from BIG) heartbreaking, very crude and so sad from the moment I started watching my heart was falling in pieces and I cried from beginning till end. Had to stop watching many times bc I could not take it but since it was a real life story I wanted to see how it was going to end.

It really woke me up from the K-drama world. I don’t know if that is good or bad thing … ‘‘It is what it is’’ in life you have to venture to see other stuff besides Dramas. You never know…I like to see other stuff besides dramas whether they are from SK, Japan, Taiwan, Mexico, Venezuela , Colombia even some from India and lakorn dramas too. It just need to catch my attention and will get it.

The thing is to explore and find variety that Rviki.com offers to all of us. Someone knows any movies here that you feel are good to watch?

2 Likes

**[quote=“bookwormlula, post:34, topic:13458, full:true”]
Hey, @staninfinite :wave:!

Welcome to the discussion :kissing_smiling_eyes:!

I agree with you about “Legend of the Blue Sea” being good, and I also agree with your thought that the ending might’ve had a bit more. It seemed a bit anticlimactic after all they’d been through. I was also hoping we’d get a beautiful swimming scene during the end, but alas, we did not :cold_sweat:. All considered though, a very good drama!

I laughed when I read the second part of your comment because those are the exact same reasons why I’m watching both “Hwarang” and “Missing 9” :joy:.
“Hwarang” at least in my opinion, isn’t very good. The writing and dialogue seems slow and awkward to me, and so far the main ships aren’t really compelling. I do, however, ship Ban Ryu and Soo Ho’s sister TO THE MAXXXX (they’re just so freakin’ adorable)!

Now, with “Missing 9” I started watching it because of Chanyeol, who is my bias in EXO. I’m not a huge fan of those types of dramas, so I started watching it with no small sense of trepidation. I was, however, surprised when I found myself thoroughly enjoying not just Chanyeol’s screen time (:heart_eyes:), but all the other character’s as well! I’m looking forward to see what happens with the storyline.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on these dramas! I hope you continuously let me know what you think of them :persevere:.

Sincerely,
[/quote]

Thank you for welcoming me😘

It feels great to know that I am not the only one who thinks that way​:blush: Hahaha​:joy:You are right Hwarang could have been better but actually it never fails to make me laugh for some reason​:joy:I SHIP THEM SOOOO MUCH TOO​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:THEY ARE SOO CUTE TOGETHER​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Chanyeol is awesome:))) My bias in Exo is Baekhyun (and my ultimate actually😍) Personally I like dramas which have something that can happen to anyone like the plane crach in Missing 9.I can’t wait to see what will happen either^^

You’re welcome😘I will keep sharing my thoughts for the dramas I watched and will watch in the future:)

1 Like

:heart: :sparkling_heart: :revolving_hearts: :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you for all the movie reccomendations.

I found this one more confusing than anything. As much as I enjoyed it, I feel like it could’ve been shorter. It was definitely a weird movie :joy:

I can’t believe I didn’t recognize her from there! To me, it was just the mom from Wanted lol. I’m not a fan of sexual humor so I didn’t watch Watcha Wearing.

I’ll definitely check this out.

This has been on my list of things to watch for a long time, but I’m too scared to watch it.

Have you watched Sunny? I haven’t seen it in a few years but I remember being in love with it when I was younger.

4 Likes

Thank you! so glad you checked some out. About ‘‘whatcha wearing’’ I was shocked too when I saw it. I always warn viewers that I consider it, a rated R movie. lol

Silenced was the hardest one for me to watch. My heart was hurting so much bc I knew it was a real life story movie and it devastated me. Be prepared bc is a very painful movie to watch. I skipped many parts bc I couldn’t handle it. But, thankfully the ending is not great but good.

I will check Sunny out hopefully if is here I can watch bc although I’m a QC there are many dramas and even movies I can’t watch bc of the region thing going on in this site.

Spellbound/ Runway Cop/ Ghosthouse/ Le Jun Ki are others I recommend.

Candle in the Tomb (china), is awesome in my opinion but i’m waiting to have more episodes subbed bc I hate the waiting so i rather go back to it later on.

1 Like

Hey guys :wave:!

Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend! :sparkling_heart:

Lately I’ve been trying to find a new drama (or dramas) to replace the hole that was left in my heart from “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and “Goblin” ending :sob::cry:. So far there are a few good ones that I enjoy watching, although they’re not quite on WFKBJ and Goblin’s level in my eyes.

:airplane: “Missing 9”, starring Jung Kyung Ho, has been exciting and action-packed so far, which makes me eager to continue watching (although my favorite character died early on :sweat:). I’m hopeful for how this series will progress!

I’m also watching “Tomorrow with You” starring Shin Min Ah from “Oh My Venus” and so far it’s pretty good! The two leads’ relationship isn’t #goals yet (:joy:), but with luck our hero will get his head on straight and realize what a bomb.com lady he has :wink:.

:cherry_blossom: “Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms” is a c-drama that I am also watching. There are two new episodes uploaded every weekday, which is awesome because the cliffhangers this show will leave you on are CRAZY and ain’t nobody got time for a week-long wait with a cliffhanger like that. I’m usually not a big fan of Chinese dramas for two reasons, 1: they’re so loooong! And 2: it seems like the same female actors are the leads in every single one :expressionless:.

While I am watching “My Shy Boss” and “Hwarang”, they aren’t quite good enough for me to watch the new episodes as soon as they’re out.

What new dramas are you watching? Do you have one you’re looking forward to that isn’t out yet? Make sure to let me know so I can check them out too :wink:!

Sincerely,