New Favorite Dramas?

I’ve got to agree with you about Hwarang :cold_sweat:.
I had pretty high expectations for it, and I was looking forward to V from BTS being in the cast, but it was a major letdown in my opinion :sob:

I haven’t watched Sister is Alive yet, mainly because I think that it might be too sad and vengeful to hold my interest (I usually enjoy dramas more like Weightlifting Fairy Kim Book Joo, Descendants of the Sun and Goblin: The Lonely and Great God).

I’d probably be more inclined to checking out Sister is Alive if I could confirm that it would turn more lighthearted as the series progresses :grin:.

No, I haven’t…I have been watching Chicago Typewriter, Lookout, Suspicious Partner, Circle, Medical Examiner Dr Qin and about 5 other dramas… Lol

1 Like

@bookwormlula @erinbussert_740 I get addicted to ‘Sister is Alive’ after I discover it has 50-episode. Do you know Lee Ji Hoon in “Goho the starry night” which in this drama also.

Sister is Alive may be sad but not sad comparing to “Defendant”, “Whisperer”, and “Queen for 7 days”.

If you want more cheerful drama, watch “Fight My Way”

2 Likes

Yes, I know who Lee Ji Hoon is since I have seen about 5 shows he was in… He is a great actor… I admit I prefer shows that are 24 episodes or less since long ones tend to have a lot of push and pull in relationships (except web shows which are only 30 minutes or less and it is then only like 1/2 the amount of episodes)

1 Like

Fight My Way, Episode #9

I’ve been watching “Fight My Way” with my sister recently, and we’ve both been really enjoying it! We just finished watching episode 9 (which now has full English subs), and I must say that it was probably my favorite episode so far :blush:

There were lots of great moments, although I won’t specifically saw what to avoid spoiling anything (hint: 40:38) :persevere:. Feelings were realized (ish), and bold moves were made :grin:

If any of y’all have watched the new episode, let me know what your favorite moment of character of this episode was :+1::kissing_heart:! My favorite moment was 40:38, and my favorite character of the episode was the coach :joy:

~ (:books: :bug:) Lula

1 Like

Princess Agents is amazing

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve heard of that drama before, but it sounds interesting! :blush:

Is it a Korean drama, or from another country? :thinking:

It’s a chinese drama. Though viki didn’t get it, here is the fan channel so you can know more about the story : https://www.viki.com/tv/31618c-princess-agents

1 Like

Thanks! It seems really good from the premise :thumbsup:

Hopefully Viki gets it soon so I can watch it :grimacing:!

It is a Chinese drama. It is being subbed in its official youtube channel so just look for it. So far 23 episodes have been released.
I don’t anticipate Viki getting it.

1 Like

I can see what you mean. I too love action dramas with that romance in there to spice things up a bit, but they can be hard to find. Have you checked out Suspicious Partner? Another one I loved was You’re All Surrounded. K2 had a LOT of action and a compelling political storyline. There are more, but I’m having trouble remembering at the moment XD

3 Likes

Descendants of the Sun Marriage IRL?!?!

Hey everyone!

Most of you have probably heard the news, but just in case you haven’t, here it is; Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo, the leads from DOTS, are getting married in real life :astonished::flushed:!!
Apparently they fell in love on the set of DOTS, (which explains their incredible chemistry on-screen) and kept in touch with each other even after the drama ended :heart_eyes:.

My little fangirl heart can barely survive all of the feels :kissing_closed_eyes:! I’m incredibly happy for them, and I can’t wait to see what their futures hold! Who knows, maybe Joong Ki will have reason to join the cast of “The Return of Superman” before too long :smirk::baby:.

What are your thoughts and feelings on the Song+Song couple? Did you see it coming, or are you as completely surprised as I was?

~ (:books: :bug:) Lula

1 Like

you definitely need to watch Suspicious Partner with Chang Ji Wook…He was so funny and gorgeous in the show and the chemistry with his female lead Nam Ji Hyun was amazing both on and off camera

1 Like

I also couldn’t finish Heirs, Boys Over Flowers (or any show with that female lead), Couple or Trouble, Emergency Couple because the female leads characters were written so annoying…I

1 Like

I just thought they were friends and I haven’t watched the show but I have loved Song Joong Ki since Werewolf Boy and Sungkyunkwan Scandal (had 2nd and 3rd lead syndrome) and liked her in All In and That Winter the Wind Blows…I am happy for them and hope they have a great life together…I just found out Joo Sang Wook got married in May of this year to Cha Ye-ryun

1 Like

I watched Suspicious Partner of JCW but I don’t see chemistry with Nam Ji Hyun enough to have a real life relationship. Just because of his good acting! JCW is good enough to have rumors with every actress! Just because he’s too good! Don’t anyone remember his chemistry with Park Min Young?

1 Like

I watched several of the behind the scenes footage for Suspicious Partner and most of their chemistry was off screen especially this video on YouTube
https://youtu.be/2WO_TXk_nEA

2 Likes

Other actresses who used to act with him, their chemistries are good either! Don’t forget that Park Min Young used to have rumors with him because of good chemistry!

2 Likes

@trangle8507 @erinbussert_740

I honestly don’t feel any chemistry between Ji Hyun and Chang Wook, but maybe that’s just me? Whenever their characters had romantic scenes together, I didn’t find myself squealing or shipping them… :unamused::expressionless:

I don’t know why I’m not feeling them together, but I’m not :thinking:

2 Likes

Same here! I feel like he’s a type of actor who can get along well with every actress.
Look at some other drama such as “Oh My Ghostess”. The chemistry between the leads are so good so I think they must be real but turns out that the male lead has a girlfriend so it can’t be true.

1 Like