New Favorite Dramas?

Currently Airing Dramas

The first drama I wanted to talk about is the newest rendition of the School series, “School 2017” starring Kim Sejeong (member of K-pop group Gugudan), Kim Jung Hyun (acted in Bing Goo), and Sang Dong Yoon (acted in Solomon’s Perjury)

From the first two episodes, me and my sister are already hooked on the characters and storyline :grin:.

When I first saw the announcement for the cast of “School 2017” I didn’t really have high expectations as I had never seen any of the actors before. After watching the first two episodes, however, I think that the casting for this drama was perfect :blush::clap:

What are your thoughts on the first episodes of “School 2017”? I’m honestly not sure which of the male leads is the 1st male lead, so I don’t know who our girl is going to end up with, which gives me a dangerous amount of hope to set myself up for 2nd Lead Syndrome :tired_face:

The other drama I wanted to talk about is “The King Loves” starring Yoona (acted in K2), Im Siwan (acted in Incomplete Life) and Hong Jong Hyun (acted in Alice: Boy From Wonderland)

I usually steer clear of historical dramas (every character I like seems to end up dead :expressionless:), but my sister convinced me to watch this drama with her to fill the void in both of us from the loss of “Fight My Way” :cry:

I was happily surprised to find myself sincerely enjoying the drama, and even looking forward to when the new episodes would come out! Of course, it’s highly likely that my favorite characters will still end up abused and extremely dead, but so far so good :sweat_smile:!

Have any of y’all started watching “The King Loves”? What are your thoughts so far? I’ve got 2nd lead syndrome already and we’re only two episodes in :sob:

~ (:books: :bug:) Lula

I am watching both of those shows now too… I liked the actor (CEO’s son in School 2017) in Jealousy Incarnate and also in Rebel: thief who stoled the people as the bad guy’s assistant… He can play a bad guy and a boy with a crush very well plus he is gorgeous… I think that there is a group of people committing the pranks at the school ( top student, CEO son, young teacher, guitar player) so that way one person won’t be blamed even though the teachers/principal tried to blame the lead female… I love the female cop since she is strong, funny, sarcastic and makes the young male teacher blush when she flirts with him…I think the lead female will end up with the CEO’s son since most k-dramas have a rich boy/poor girl theme and since he is in more scenes than the male top student… In the King Loves I like both male leads so I don’t care which guy she ends up with as long as he loves her and doesn’t use her to make the other jealous… It is odd seeing Jong Hyun as a good guy after his role as the evil prince/king in Scarlet Heart Ryeo… He is also in Oh My Lady and he looks so different and has a much better hairstyle now… I feel bad for his character in this show since his brother is working with the bad guys (against the king) and his best friend will soon fight with him about the lead female so he will be lonely… I am impressed with Yoo Na’s acting on this show and think she finally got a decent role since I saw her on 2 other shows and they wrote her character really annoying… Siwan is great as the king and love his comedic acting and also the actor who plays the younger version of the king who I have seen in a lot of other dramas (bad thief good thief, suspicious housekeeper)…I hope neither of the 2 male leads die since I have also seen too many main characters die in the shows that ended in the last week or two that didn’t need to die

2 Likes

Am I the only one who feels like the ending of “Fight My Way” that is too sudden. They suddenly fall in love and suddenly get married. It’s not like I don’t like this drama but I just feel like they tried to wrap a story into 16-ep.

1 Like

How is that “suddenly”? They’ve been in love forever, only he didn’t know it, but she knew it all along.
The solutions of all the loose ends were sudden. I agree with that. At least they tried to wrap them up all. Almost all.
I didn’t like that they left out the thread about the mother and the coach, and it wasn’t clear whether she will go back to Japan where her adopted son is waiting for her, or she will stay forever in Korea because she started to like Soondae guy.

3 Likes

That’s why it’s sudden to me. He doesn’t know she loves him. He realizes they love each other. That’s it. I think that they would go through hardships and get back together with melodramatic plot twists and turns.

1 Like

They broke up for two three months… Well, I don’t know whether it was melodramatic, but it surely was heartbreaking, because the dilemma didn’t seem to have a solution.
And the solution given at the end (he fighting only in a few fights when in season) was very lame in my opinion, doesn’t solve her problem of being scared he gets hurt, and of course is not so good for his career, now that he is in his prime. So it was just an expedient to end the drama on a positive note.
But all in all, it was all so good that I didn’t mind the half-assed finale. I can literally count on the finger of one hand the dramas which are good from beginning till the very end.
I don’t know what happens with writers: they are so skilled otherwise, but they seem to always mess up on the last episode. Even “Man living in our house” went downhill in the last three episodes, with fake obstacles and angst, interminable flashbacks and then an ending which left many things unexplained and unsolved. And let’s not talk about W, because only thinking about it hurts, given how much I loved the first 8 episodes.

1 Like

I think the writers spent too many episodes on the 2nd lead couples love triangle with their female co- worker… I love the 2nd lead couple but the writers could have had only 3 episodes with their triangle instead of almost half the show and then they could have had a better finish… spoiler I wish the mom would have come sooner for her child since she was strong enough to take in (adopt) a 15 year old she didnt know well for 10 years so I think the rumors would have faded after 10 years too…I hate how the media goes after celebrities and her boss was part of the problem too****

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. The third wheel of the 2nd lead annoys me!

1 Like

hahahahahaha I believe so too

2 Likes

It was so shocking to me. That girl tends to date all her male leads and stays for a long time with them. I really don’t agree with him marrying her. She’s beautiful and all, but there’s something there that makes me extremely uneasy.

I wanted to see him married to someone more pure, naive and younger than him
.Wish them the best and I really hope I’m wrong and it works out for them.

2 Likes

I think they’ll do well together, and hopefully grant each other peace and happiness. I suppose only time will tell, but I’m rooting for them :fist:

1 Like

she is a lucky woman since she got to date 3 hot and talented actors (Hyun Bin, Lee Byun Hyun and Song Joon Ki)

2 Likes

Yeah, they are all hunk’s of a man. lol

1 Like

It’s been a while, huh? :sweat_smile:

Sorry for not posting anything new in this discussion for a long time!
I honestly have no excuse :sob:

Have any of you started watching the new Dramafever drama, “Strongest Deliveryman”? There are six episodes out so far and it is soooooooooo good! I honestly had my doubts about this drama, as I’ve never been a huge fan of Go Kyung Pyo (nothing against him as an actor, I just never felt a connection).

How about you guys? What drama(s) are you really into right now?

“School 2017” is another amazing drama that I’m watching right now, as I’m sure a majority of you are :joy:. Everything about it has me captivated and delighted :blush:.

Any dramas you’re looking forward to being aired?

What is your favorite drama right now?

• School 2017
  • Strongest Deliveryman
  • Other

0 voters

I started to watch Strongest Deliveryman, I only saw the 4 ep on the 6 out and so far it’s nice though I’m not captivated yet I still feel the need to keep watching it, espicially after the preview of ep 4 where it seems like everything will go down in the following episodes ! :anguished:

I also watch School 2017. I must that at first I didn’t like it, I was just not into it at all so I waited for a bit more episodes to come out to watch them quickly since I started the drama, I should finish it and thanks lord I did.
Here I am now liking it a lot ! Basically my turning point was ep 6, from then I started liking the drama and loving Hyeon Tae Woon savage character, lol. :blush:
Honestly I’m mainly watching because of Hyeon Tae Woon character, the teachers… ugh ! They just drive me crazy, make you want to get into the screen and offer them a few good slaps ! :grin:

1 Like

Deserving of the name aka Live up to your name, Dr Heo. Totally, totally love it!

2 Likes

I’m watching she was pretty and reply 1988… which are not new… drama… but high recommended

2 Likes

Gotta agree with you about the teachers in “School 2017” :rage:. Some of the students as well make me so angry!!

Haven’t heard of that one, but I’ll check it out! :wink:

1 Like

OoOoOoH! Those are some great dramas :blush:. I was actually just watching some clips from “Reply 1988” yesterday and reliving all of the feels :grin:.