New Style of moderating Viki's main page of a show's comments

@feyfayer and @choitrio
Did you see the person’s name like I did?

Other people have told me that it happens to them too.

I wanted to save space and added the PS. but you haven’t answered. Sorry…thanks for answering if you can.

PS @feyfayer
It said the name of the person too? Thanks for your answer.

Or was something like I just got now 10:24 am 5/28/2021 FRIDAY.

Consider replying to several posts at once

Rather than several replies to a topic in a row, please consider a single reply that includes quotes from previous posts or @name references.

Y
ou can edit your previous reply to add a quote by highlighting text and selecting the quote reply button that appears.

It’s easier for everyone to read topics that have fewer in-depth replies versus lots of small, individual replies.

1 Like

I’ll just try to reply to you 3 times to prove that this happens really often. It happpend to me when I was answering on one of the topics I created.

2 Likes

I got Lutra’s name because I replied to her I tried to reply to her more than twice. This is the thread I am talking about.

1 Like

hahahaha so 3 is definitely our limit. Did it say my name
too?

PS. Got it, it was to Lutra thanks for clearing that for me. Is a new thing now.

2 Likes

So, how was your day? And, I just wanted to know, your most most most favorite drama till date. Something really out of topic though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, it didn’t :sweat_smile:
Maybe because I already got a warning in another thread.
Someone who did not get this warning can see if this happens. I guess, I was wrong regarding the same warning showing over and over again.

2 Likes

@shraddhasingh
The thing is to me is hard to do all that crap bc I don’t know how to do it right, and I have fibromyalgia too so the faster I type things and get it over, the less strain I put on my bones.

I guess I should just read ppl’s stuff and not bother commenting.sigh

PS. I meant this suggestion by whoever

Consider replying to several posts at once

2 Likes

No, it told me that I replied @ x person’s name too many times and I should consider replying to someone else.

3 Likes

@angelight313_168, it was the same for me.

2 Likes

Late response, but I am commenting because I was @'d in this post. Forgive and ignore me if I am bringing up points that have already been raised.

The Viki Discussion community within this portal seems to be geared more towards subbers than non-volunteers like myself. I’ve only been recently active because I love irrationally analyzing kdramas and what happens around them, and this provides the forum to do so. Since I am outside of the subbing circle, I am honestly unsure how we are to know anyone’s ethnic background unless they have expressed it in a conversation. Also, I like the ability to be incognito on this site. I have not experienced anything negative worth noting.

Hopefully whatever issues that have been raised in this discussion can be resolved successfully and we can continue to enjoy what brought us all here.

P.S: I am always grateful to the subbers who volunteer. Reading this thread, and others, I want to thank yall for taking translations seriously so we non-subbers can enjoy

6 Likes

I apparently chose the wrong term to describe a concern of mine. This is what I am talking about; the frustration of trying to post comments. My frustration occurred several years ago.

1 Like

I am a non-subber. My second language is usable but sort of wonky Spanish from my childhood in Texas. My “thing” is finding ways to convey the intangibles of another language in English.

People whose foundation of another language starts in a classroom and THEN moves into an “immersion experience” (a year abroad as an exchange student or whatever) speak and understand and pay attention to different things in different ways than people who learn a second language “on the streets” and then work to broaden and deepen their technical understanding…

For me, joy in watching shows on Viki comes when I read Engish subs that are charming to me because they are perfectly, elegantly understandable, clear, and well-crafted in English AND at the same time, by word choice or order, reveal the inner workings of another language, of the people who speak it, and of the culture it comes out of.

Spanish I will claim as my “second language” because as I was learning English, a lot of Spanish slipped into my brain as well from my environment. But I didn’t live in Texas long enough that, for a whole lot of basic vocabulary in Spanish, I don’t have an interior pause for sorting out what it is and how it’s used and what it means, it’s just there in my head, I “get” it automatically on some level, and I don’t even need in some cases to know what the English equivalent to have a gut awareness, an emotional response, a sense of deep familiarity.

Every other language I know about, there are snippets that affect me in the same way as Spanish, but just snippets, little bits, so I rely VERY heavily on subs to help me have an experience in which the English subs kind of map onto the other language so that . . . I’m not standing outside of that other language looking in, I am standing in the doorway smelling food and watching relationships unfold and being allowed to experience a bit of the life behind the language.

The very best subs on Viki are like that. Other subs that are good or even fair I cherish because they give me information that teaches me things I never knew about the world around me.

I just like to learn stuff and go, “Wow, how awesome is that?” And thanks to English subs, I do a lot of both.

5 Likes

I take it with a grain of salt :salt:, no telling the true reason.

2 Likes

@angelight313_168 they give you that notification when you reply to the same user more than three times in the same topic :grin: Anyway, don’t worry about it, as choitrio said, “It’s like a reminder from Viki to ‘play with other kids too’”

4 Likes

Hopefully whatever issues that have been raised in this discussion can be resolved successfully and we can continue to enjoy what brought us all here.
[/quote]

Why do you think the issues raised have negatively affected the enjoyment of what brought us all here?

@entwyfhasbeenfound,
Ha! Ha! I am this person.

I find your posts very entertaining, relatable, educational, and a little bit of everything :blush: Love reading your posts here in the community discussions on any thread. :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

S/he is referring - I think - to the issue of racial discrimination raised by the first poster.

2 Likes

This is from the original post, and I did not understand the word colour so simply as to refer to only skin colour. But as everything together - skin, sexuality, religion, gender, political and social views etc.

1 Like

Your interpretation fits the bill, so to speak. All is inclusive. :slightly_smiling_face:
For myself, it is skin color. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am asking @sa11 about what is the negative aspect?
and
How does the negative aspect affect the enjoyment of what brought us all here?

We might all learn something, from, what lays beneath, the viewpoint of someone recently active in the community discussions.

@irmar, for some, the issue of race is something to be swept under the rug, and therefore unpleasant.

1 Like