They got completed anyway

What are the dramas that you thought weren’t good anymore but you completed them anyway?
For me, it would be

Love Alarm (1 & 2) - Yes, I was with the guy Jo Jo chose since season 1 but I still felt the story was just dragging and the moment the episodes were released, all SNS were already full of spoilers and I just finished the drama for the sake of finishing it.

Hi! School - Love On - Yeah, the story was boring, typical getting into front of truck and waiting for someone to save you. Long lost brothers. Sharing umbrellas blah blah

Are you human too? - I am a big Seo Kang Joon fan and I also have love for technology. I appreciate his acting too but the story failed along with the FL.

6 Likes

:joy: God, I love Hyun Bin, but that was absolutely excruciating! Honestly, if our audience didn’t like it, I’m not sure I would have mustered the motivation to finish it.

And there is one that’s still waiting for its turn to be finished :roll_eyes:

Obviously the best thing to avoid this pain is to watch the drama until the last episode and then decide if you want to invest your time into it.

7 Likes

Oh, you mean to watch? There were so many. But, wait, first take a look here… This thread is hillarious!

4 Likes

People rave about this drama, but I bailed. I did not like the obvious in your face delivery of the storyline.

4 Likes

I’m not someone who continues shows lol, I can name a million uncompleted shows I have, but one that I completed anyways was “introverted boss” I didn’t like the supporting characters, they kept breaking up for the same reasons, and the storyline was stretching, honestly it could have been done with 12 eps instead of 16 idk about others though

5 Likes

… the list is long in the beginning I would end what I started.

Playful Kiss
Pinocchio
Heartstrings
Rich Man, Poor Woman K-drama
Clean with Passion for Now
My Princess
My Lovely Girl
Degree of Love
The Color of a Woman

Will leave it at that.

5 Likes

This one is NOT a favorite of Mine but it was HB so I completed it @bozoli @leerla73 You guys are my people

And I didn’t like Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and everyone loves it- and I love Park Hyung Sik
I will not finish Doctors or Love Alarm 2 (I loved Love Alarm 1 cuz of Song Kang)

My thread is throw the laptop - and Something In the Rain - Ugh Ugh Ugh but I finished it

The Throw the Laptop List is REAL
Something In the Rain This one made me so MAD
Hyde Jekyll Me (not fav)
Witch’s Romance (not fav)
Fight My Way (not fav)
Clean With Passion for Now (ML was not for me)
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (pls give a chance because so many people do love it)
Doctors - (I didn’t even finish it and it started good)
Noble My Love (definitely not a fav}
Weightlifting Fairy (not a fav but OK)
Romance is a Bonus Book (Don’t like the FL lead - I love LJS)

3 Likes

These days, it’s “So I married the Anti-Fan”.
I love the cast and it’s the only reason why I keep watching.:unamused:

Usually I just stop watching or just come back to watch the final episode.

4 Likes

No that’s my Channa Banana from 2pm - I was hearing good reviews🤷‍♀️

1 Like

Here’s one more where the main couple keeps breaking up for same reason.

If I take out the romance, I loved the story.

3 Likes

I watched both Japanese versions of Playful Kiss and I loved them. I do usually hate dumb girls but this time they were too cute to hate and the boys were too good-looking to not give a view.

I left this show right in the middle of episode 1. I love the main character from Mr. Temporary but couldn’t bring myself to like him in this one.

1 Like

When a lot of people say they like a certain drama, I give it a watch but even I didn’t like these ones. I left FFMW in episode 1 and WFKBJ somewhere near episode 4, I don’t even remember which episode it was :joy:

2 Likes

I am not watching it either. I read in comments section of this one that the female lead is naive, idiot, I-ll-take-your-blame type of girl. So it’s a no-no for me as well.

3 Likes

I watched It Started With a Kiss - ISWAK from Taiwan, only a J-drama version of 1996 is older (and I never got to see this one). This version was with Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng as the leads. I was new to Asian drama in general back then, so I took no offense of the “dumb/silly” girl and the “nerd/genius” combination. As for me the TW-drama had a certain charm I can’t explain, maybe it was just the combination of the two leads that pulled me, maybe since the story was fresh back then it stayed on my mind. The actors just made the character growth visible for me and that is why this version will be my favorite until the end and yes I watched all versions just for comparison.

4 Likes

You’re my people - I just really couldn’t with FIght My Way - It was not good except PSJ taking his shirt off to fight - I wanted more of that - His training the fighting was the good part. The 2nd lead couple annoyed me and I don’t like the FL very much.

I finished Weightlifting Fairy because of love Nam Hyuk but it was not for me at all.

2 Likes

Dr. Jin!!!

I was a new subber back then and I wanted to quit watching so badly, but no one else showed up to sub and I felt obligated complete it.

Some other ones that I wanted to quit but didn’t only because I was subbing were

The Third Hospital
The Great Seer
Medical Top Team
Hyde, Jekyll, Me
Angry Mom
Saimdang, the Herstory
The Smile has Left Your Eyes

6 Likes

I can relate, I quit at the 2nd or 3rd episode. I wanted to watch it, but when it came out I thought holy moly and left the drama. Thankfully I was no subber, I made a promise to myself stay away from historical, medical and law dramas. I am glad I did.

I have watch no other drama you mentioned except Angry Mom. I actually liked the drama for some reason and on the other hand it was hard to watch what life “Angry Mom” went through.

5 Likes

I was actually on the fence about Angry Mom and The Smile has Left Your Eyes, and almost deleted them out of my list. But I probably would have stopped watching if I wasn’t committed as a subber.

4 Likes

This one was “inspired” or a re-make of a J-drama, I don’t know how much it sticked to the original, but I watched the Japanese version, I do not recall much, but the feeling alone let me stay away from watching. I almost started watching a few weeks ago, but again bailed out in favor of something “lighter”.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize that. No wonder it didn’t feel like a typical K-drama.

4 Likes