Ok I know we are soooo bored

yes cant sew and watch at the same time, chew & walk thing??

3 Likes

What is the opposite of cross-eyed? wall-eyed? Yes. I’d have to be wall-eyed to look at needlework and subtitles at the same time. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Take some time to treat yourself with some self-care tips.

Here are a few ideas regarding self-care for any random day, and self-care ideas for the summer season.

Swing in a hammock

Be kind to someone.

There are a million ways in which you can show an act of kindness. Here are 40 ideas for random acts of kindness to perform.

bake cookies or a cake and give it to some that is alone in your neighborhood

how about puzzles, or draw or write…its endless, to find things to do plant seeds indoors for spring planting, expoeriment with the hydroponics, I am and its really neat top watch those roots grow. learn something new

2 Likes

3 Likes

My African flower blanket.
January%2028th%2C%202021%20(01)

I have no idea whether this is a rendition of an actual African flower. That’s just the name of the hexagon pattern. And here are the soft, squishy balls of merino wool.
yarn%20-%20Big%20Merino

6 Likes

@irmar that’s a huge project. Looks pretty.

2 Likes

Do you follow tutorials to make those blankets? Or you have your own pattern?

1 Like

In this case it’s a very well-known pattern for the hexagon, which is available online for free. I just had to figure out the yarn type, colours, colour combination, quantity and layout of hexagons for the specified bed. I will also have to decide on a border pattern and colours, but this can wait for later.

4 Likes

beautiful!!

1 Like

that’s pretty, my yarn’s are just waiting for me to use theme for a year now :sob: I even forgot what I learned

3 Likes

You can’t forget that. It’s like going on a bicycle, or making love. It will come back to you when you start again.

2 Likes

wow, they are beautiful! Merino wool! The yarn must be so soft :heart_eyes: I’ve worked with a small amount of 100% Angora yarn and I still haven’t come across any other yarn that is as heavenly as that one, but I’ve heard and read that Merino is also soft.

1 Like

Here’s a random video of Lee Joon Gi dancing to “Gangnam Style.” I didn’t know he danced until I found this video in YouTube’s ‘Recommendation Station.’

3 Likes

It is heavenly to the touch, but hell to work with. You can’t see the stitches well, and if for any reason you have to rip, it’s very difficult because the fluffy strands get entangled to one another. Relatively easier with knitting, with crochet I would never attempt it.

I use Merino Superwash, because who wants to wash by hand a heavy blanket that will become much much heavier when soaked? Whereas this can be dumped in the washing machine, no problem. It’s a bit pricier than normal wool, but in my opinion worth the effort, in order to save yourself later. I have done a normal woolen blanket in the past and now every year I have to pay 20 euros to dry clean it because if I washed it by hand I would have to lie in bed for three days afterwards.

3 Likes

Here what I am watching now. Fascinating documentary on dessert production in S.Korea. Cakes, stollen, biscuits, Swiss rolls, you name it. Such a satisfying watch.

5 Likes

awesome!!!

1 Like

That is such a hilarious dance. I was going to say that Lee Joon Gi danced to that when he was a kid but he was already 30 when that song came out. :laughing:

Yea. Jumping around like that will keep you skinny. :rofl:

1 Like

He’s so energized! I don’t know why, but every time I watch that video, I feel like I’m watching it for the first time.

Yes, I noticed he was thin. I hope he had a full meal after his performance, all that energy-spending would make anyone hungry.

2 Likes

really was a good dance, wonder how much training he had to do

2 Likes

I got fat just watching that! :laughing:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: You don’t need training to do that dance! That dance is a joke! :laughing: That’s why Psy’s Gangnam style went viral!

Here’s Psy’s Gangnam Style

And here is one of MANY spoofs! :laughing:
Luso-Style (Portuguese style)

Run them both at the same time - side by side, slightly out oy sync - It’s crazy! It’ll make your sides hurt from laughing so hard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think Psy’s Gangnam Style was the first song out of Korea to go viral worldwide. So he is an early Hallyu star. And a lot of it was because of that crazy dance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like