Ok PEEPS! What should I have to eat?

Ok Peeps!

Today is payday! :moneybag: What should I eat today? :sunglasses:

Greek food - dolmathes, tiropitakia, spanokopita, souvlaki? :heart_eyes:
Sushi - maguro, ebi, tako, saki, ika, YUM! :sushi:
Mocajete mariscos? To DIE for! :shallow_pan_of_food:
Ribeye from Texas Roadhouse? Good old fashioned, coronary clogging but delicious food! :cut_of_meat:

So what is your favorite food to eat after youā€™ve been broke for awhile? :hear_no_evil: :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m stalking you ā€¦:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If the restaurants were opened there are 2 fave dishes that was the only thing I order sighhhhhh
SIZZLER
Malibu Chicken with steak Baked potato and a toasted sliced bread with garlic and cheese.
RED LOBSTER
https://www.redlobster.com/cajun-chicken-linguini-alfredo with those special garlic cheesy Biscuits and any salad you like.

Oh gosh I miss those daysā€¦:disappointed_relieved::sob::sob::sob::sob::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Oh Iā€™m so sorry for you. Weā€™ve lost restaurants here but at least here you can order takeout. But this area does not have a lot of covid infections at this time.

OooO! Red Lobster! Thatā€™s right! Itā€™s winter! They are open here. I just checked. I can order that Baa Haabaa :grin: Bar Harbor lobster bake! That dish is so huge that it makes 2 meals for me. OOooo I think Iā€™ll go for that one.

baahabaa

2 Likes

I no longer find sizzler anywhere around, and red lobster they no longer offer the menu (my favorite plate) I didnā€™t even bother to ask why bc the line to order take out was so long (about 2 hours wait) I just left.

I call in my orders then go pick it up. I donā€™t stand in line., They are one of only 3 restaurants that serve calamari. But I prefer the fried calamari at the Greek place over the Red Lobster fried calamari,

Oh! Oh! Oh! I forgot the Thai place! They have a DELICIOUS Yum Pla Muk! Squid salad!
yumplamuk

I was in this far away mall from where I live at that time (they have a red lobster) I got so excited for nothing lmao.

One time I cooked up an Italian style calamari ensalada and brought it to work for a food party they were having. Gosh! It was so delicious. I had to laugh though when one of my co-workers ahead of me in line was serving herself when she picked up the tentacles.When she realized what it was, she let out a squeal in fear and dropped the spoon back down. :rofl:

Yea, I forget that this seafood loving girl has been lost in landlocked Idaho-potato-land for the last 2 decades. :smiley: (The people here are not squid eaters. :rofl: )

I ran out of hearts for the day so I canā€™t click like buttons. Sorry.

1 Like

I vote Ribeye! My favorite!

I just had teriyaki chicken bowl and broccoli. Now eat rice every day since Iā€™m always watching kdrama
I love REAL Calamari

calamari diavolo! that is not to be had here in Idaho! :sob: I have to go home to get that. Yea squid in spicy ink would fly like a lead kite here.

I think no one of my myriad ethnic background lives in this part of the country. I am definitely a fish out of water here. Itā€™s why I like Viki site. Itā€™s international, just like home.

1 Like

I eat rice most days now that my hubby is gone. He did not like to eat rice that much but I was raised on it.

I may go for Yum Pla Muk and some Tom Kaā€¦

1 Like

We lost our appetite so I hardly cook and since my boy loves microwavable stuff, I buy plenty for him and salads for me. My daughter has a stomach condition and only eats oatmeal and vegetable with vegan burgers or meatball nothing else.

The few times I cook now it taste terrible to me because I donā€™t know if thereā€™s something wrong with the products but nothing taste the same. I think I lost my ā€˜ā€˜taste budā€™ā€™ bc my son says I make food tasteless or too salty. I lost 22 pounds bc everything tasted bad to me and just recently I can taste certain things the way they should. I have been tested 3 times and come out negative so I donā€™t think is you know what we canā€™t mention here This started around May and Iā€™m finally starting to taste certain things but most are yucky tasting (grapes, strawberries, bread, beans ughhhhh the worse).

did you have the flu? they say it affects the ability to taste in many people.

1 Like

Making myself hungry. Itā€™s too early for dinner yetā€¦ (stomach is growling looking at all these delicious calamari dishes!

Ok. I will probably go Thai today! that spicy Yum Pla Muk is SOooo tempting!

Lunchtime by you and afternoon here. I ate a SANTA FE salad added some organic classic avocado. Not the best salad.

Enjoy your meal when you finally decide what to eat.

PS No, I didnā€™t get the FLU yet. I got the Flu vaccine back in September.

I just had Yellow Massaman Curry from my favorite Thai Place just the other day. So GOOD

2 Likes

If my favourite restaurant was open and travelling there was a realistic option, I would have a veggie ramen (or a Vietnamese rice noodle salad), kimchi jeon and soju in whatever nice flavor they might have in stock. :yum:

3 Likes

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO What did you eat???? I ask as Iā€™m watching
ā€œLove is Sweetā€ C-drama

2 Likes

Well, So much for Yum Pla Muk! :joy:

My errand plan was thwarted because my local bank was closed so I had to drive to the other branch on the west side of town. When I got out of the bank, I turned on my latest Kpop - STRAY KIDS - MAKNAE ON TOP! :grin: Love that song, it is so fun to CHA-CHA and that song makes me get up and dance even though it kills my knees to dance anymore, But I used to be a dancing fool before my knees flew south for the winter and forgot to take me with them.

But I digressā€¦ ANYWAYā€¦ While I was Bopping along to Maknae, my ā€˜auto-pilotā€™ drove my car to the local grocery store where, from the parking lot, I called in my to go order at the Greek restaurant. They did not have calamari today! :squid: :scream: :sob: They told me it would be ready in 15 to 20 minutes.

So, I went in the grocery - and this is a fancy grocery where they have staffed deli, bakery, meat and seafood dept and a SUSHI staff who makes up fresh sushi right there. So, being calamari deprived, I grabbed a spicy roll and picked up some fresh cod which I intended to make Azores style with gochujang instead of traditional pepper paste (Itā€™s WAY better with gochujang!) I only got a few things. Then when I got to my car, I realized. "Hey? WHY DID I BUY SuSHI :sushi: and FRESH FISH :blowfish: when I am picking up Greek food?? :thinking: :roll_eyes: :rofl:

(Yea, my thwarted calamari brains :squid: :brain: wanted seafood. :rofl:)

So, I picked up my spanokopita, dolmathes, and souvlaki came home. Tossed the fresh fish in the freezer, had the small sushi roll as an appetizer and half the Greek food. (they give you so much)

Yea, so NOT the meal I had intended! :roll_eyes: :rofl:

It was good but a very weird fusion meal. :scream: :grin:

Ok. My Fusion Azores/Korean cod dish. (Itā€™s really good peeps.) I cook by just looking and smelling I donā€™t really measure anything unless I am baking something.

1: Get your rice going. Since we have an international audience, this rice cooking recipe is provided to those who donā€™t cook rice much - I use Calrose medium grain sushi grade rice - get the 20 pound sacks - cheaper than small bags. But I eat rice almost every day anyway so the big sacks make sense for me. Rinse the rice until the water is clear. Use a 1 to 1 water/rice ratio and cook it in a rice cooker. NO SALT OR OIL in the rice! Thank you. This will give you a nice clean tasting, perfectly cooked, al-dente rice that has individual rice kernels - avoid mushy rice (too much water - weā€™re not making congee (rice mush) peeps! :grin:) lol. I donā€™t ā€˜measureā€™ the rice with a cup. Measure the traditional way. :sunglasses: after washing the rice, smooth it out. poke your index finger to the bottom of the pot. Where the rice is on your finger is your mark. Now put your finger on top of the rice and add water to that mark. That is a one to one ratio. Works for any sized potā€¦ :sunglasses:

If you donā€™t have a rice cooker. Use a proportional pot - a little rice in a little pot - a lot of rice in a bigger pot. Put your cleaned rice (using the 1 to 1 ratio above) in a pot and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, stir it and reduce to lowest heat. cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.

2: - Make your sofrito.
onions - sliced or chopped - whatever you prefer, sliced sweet chili peppers, and heaping spoon of minced garlic - saute that till translucent.
Dump in a can of diced tomatoes - stir that all together
Add:
Oregano - it depends on how fresh it is,. If dried - about a tablespoon?
rosemary - about a half teaspoon kinda break it up with your fingers to release the aroma
basil - about a tablespoon if dried - if fresh a few leaves.

Get a couple of heaping tablespoons of Gochujang paste out of the tub and dilute that with a little water at a time until it thins enough to mix in with the above. Do not just add the Gochujang paste directly into the food or youā€™ll have trouble smoothing that into the sauce.

Oh! Add a little salt to taste after all the flavors have melded. You do not want it too salty.

saute all that for about 15 minutes so the flavors mix up.

Put that sauce aside. Now olive oil in the pan and saute the cod just until lightly browned on both sides. _DO NOT OVERCOOK THAT FISH!

Pour the sauce over it and cook just until the fish is perfectly flaky.

serve with rice.

TO DIE FOR! That gochujang brings such a great flavor profile to the fish.

It is spicy but not that bad. but you canā€™t really listen to me on the spicy scale if you are a ā€˜chili wimpā€™. :grin: I grew up eating HOT foods. :fire: :fire_extinguisher: :sunglasses: :rofl:

Actually, I think Iā€™d do just fine eating my way through Korea. :sunglasses:
Spicy :heavy_check_mark:
squid and/or octopus :heavy_check_mark:
seafood in general :heavy_check_mark:
spicy chicken feet :heavy_check_mark:
Korean version of menudo :heavy_check_mark:
Iā€™m wary about eating grilled pork belly - too much fat gives me a headache

Too bad there arenā€™t any Korean restaurants in my area. Iā€™d go investigate what they have. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Your a great story teller! You are hilarious! Going to make homemade 4 cheese ravioli with homemade Alfredo tomorrow. Made roasted seasoned pecans today!

1 Like

Aw! Iā€™m jealous! My dearest mother KNEW

KNEW

how to make ravioli from scratch. Genuine Italian recipe, home cooked Ravioli. Would she ever make ravioli for us!

NO!

Grr! Iā€™d complain. ā€œBut MOM! You know how to make ravioli Why not make some for us! You know we like it!ā€

Sheā€™d give me that laser-eye side glance that said, "No way, Jose. ā€œDo you know how much work that is?ā€

"YES I DO!

Get busy!" Iā€™d tell her.

Then Iā€™d get the full on ā€˜evil eye.ā€™ The one that cuts you in half. :scream: ā€œGo buy some ravioli at Lucca delicatessen if you want it that bad,ā€ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :joy: :grinning: :rofl: :laughing: :rofl:

Her black eyes were really effective when they were in ā€˜laser eyesā€™ mode. zzzzzz pffft evaporate. Cut in half! :smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like