QC Gift Winter 2023

I just saw the message for it in my inbox.
Like before, it’s nice that you can choose between a digital gift and a physical gift and that this time they are willing to reimburse the cost for the import of the psychical gift.
I also appreciate the allergy tag.

I’m curious how many people will choose the physical gift this year.

11 Likes

I will take the box I will never go for the digital gift card, it feels more personal to get a physical gift.

11 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Although I’m not the biggest snack person, receiving a physical gift is always a nice, and snacks taste better when you share :wink: It will be a lovely memory for years.

Very nice that they are offering to reimburse potential custom fees too :heart:

8 Likes

How about a poll?

• Do you like a physical gift better? Yes!
  • Or you prefer the digital gift? Yes!
0 voters

It doesn’t really matter what you like best, it is the option to have a choice I like the most. Thanks Viki! @amm11

9 Likes

So the cost is not ours to pay? I’m at a loss on this issue, I chose the physical gift. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

As I understand it, we need to pay the custom fees, take a picture/screenshot of the paid custom fees receipt, and then submit a ticket to request a refund for it by including the picture proof.

5 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Somebody know what’s opciones we have for the gift card?

2 Likes

I would want the physical gift, but I have zero trust for “Poczta Polska” (polish post). I don’t have nerves for that.

4 Likes

Last time it was a virtual gift card which could be used on anything that is below the 50 USD

You just needed to give the cards specifics (like number, expiration date etc) on the site that you wanted to purchase from

4 Likes

I really liked the giftcard last year. I used it well. I also liked the t-shirts though I saw others picked.
Although I could really use a giftcard again the psychical gift is a snackbox? It’s so tempting to get that one instead. Is it the Viki snackbox or one of those subscription ones? A few years ago a Viki QC gift got lost in the mail and they where so kind to send it again and overall it took months for me to get the QC gift.

I will decide this weekend what to pick.

9 Likes

Last year we got the gift from Latvia (at least we who live in Europe) so there was no fee.

7 Likes

Oh, that’s even more reassuring :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I would love to get the physical gift but I live in brazil and here is a battle to get international stuff. When we get it, most of the time, we get taxes that are really high for things that don’t cost as much.
So I ended up choosing the card because it is easier and safer.

7 Likes

I chose the physical gift & it’s my first time so I’m super excited :laughing:

5 Likes

I usually go for the physical gifts, but due to food allergies, I will have to skip this year :sweat_smile:.
Nice option though

6 Likes

I’m not sure who else to ask, so I hope you don’t mind if I ask you since you’ve picked the gift card before. Do you need to give Viki your credit card information? I assume not, but I started contributing this year, so I’m new to this. Also, are there any limits on where you can spend this gift card or is it literally anywhere? Because I live in Europe and a non-EU country where we have barely any contributors from, so I’m not sure how valid it would be for us. :joy:

3 Likes

It’s a digital and comes with it’s own numbers… There are electronic visas and so on, so there is no problems for those who pick that option.

4 Likes

Okay, thank you so much for your help! :heart: Do you have to use it on just one purchase in one place or is it valid until you spend the 50 dollars?

3 Likes

You could generate a masters card, I don’t know if it is the same this time. Last time I choose the physical card to use, that created a minus of 5 Euros or Dollars and another 10 days to arrive via mail delivery, and then you create a digital purse.
Sounds complicated, but even I got it working.
I do not know if there was an option for your phone, but I guess? Maybe someone else knows?
Sorry, almost forgot, you can use it like any other card. You will get a PIN and can use it in different shops, for different occasions until you spent it all. I think it is okay for 1 year to use, after a year the usage of the card will no longer be free.

Hope, I still remember it correctly.

4 Likes