QC gifts 2021 - sender email valid?

and for us. In the EU there is a new import tax law for anything coming from outside of the EU. Even gift packages, you have to pay a VAT and a handling fee :frowning: so that’s not really a gift if you need to pay to receive it. @vikicommunity do you have any measures for the EU residents?

10 Likes

Shoot, I totally forgot about that one. :scream: As I hardly ever order something from outside the EU.

4 Likes

To my understanding you don’t really have to pay tax if the tax is already covered but with gifts I don’t know how that will work. But with some international websites you can already pay tax upfront so it’s already covered some sellers at Ali offer this.

4 Likes

Since it doesn’t come from a private person, it is not considered a gift. So Viki should look into how to manage the taxes. But even when they do, since my local postal service will have to declare the customs for me (at least that’s the way they do it in Germany), they most likely will charge me a so-called “service fee” for a service I didn’t even asked for. And they wouldn’t let me handle myself. I already read some horror stories online back in July.

5 Likes

@dudie

OMG I hope they don’t send us an oversize T-shirt like they send once before that was so HUGE very few volunteers were able to wear it. Did you work out being able to use your X-large T- shirt? Do you remember that?

I loved the $30 YESSTYLE coupon we got that I bought plenty of nice stuff, and although I paid a difference in the price because I ordered more than 30 dollars in stuff, it was all worth it to pay extra from my pocket. Even my youngest daughter loved those products!

The only down point was the waiting for the items we purchased bc it was so ridiculously long…:open_mouth:

Well, they do have their own Rakuten products, and must obviously have their own shipping carrier; so I just hope it’s something nice, but whatever it is, it will be deeply appreciate it!
After all, is the thought that counts.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, the rich chaebols at Viki will be able to cover the costs :joy:

On a serious note, I’m sure they’re not giving out gift cards. The email states that they’re sending stuff by mail(physical mail), and that’s why I opted out, since my family has been moving around a lot these days and I may not be at the address I give them when they send it. I searched a lot to see if there was a gift card option because I would have chosen that.

11 Likes

That shirt didn’t fit anyone. Couldn’t wear it when I was overweight and now it’s way too huge. And talking about Viki shirts I did throw my seg 101 shirt away a few months ago. It was so worn out with holes in it. I still have the popcorn and NSSA shirts I enjoyed wearing but those are too huge to wear now.

8 Likes

I actually quite like the shirt :laughing:.
Guess I’m the only one :rofl::rofl:.

They could’ve solved the issue by letting people choose a size that they are comfortable with :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

I also quite liked it.

4 Likes

Hello
Who can I contact to ask questions about the QC gift?

3 Likes

There is a similar international project in my country. It is related to software development. There you get paid for each task in dollars. Then you withdraw the money to your wallet. From the wallet, you can buy something online or withdraw it to your card. And then withdraw them from ATMs. Everything is simple and accessible. Here, however, the process of incentives takes a long period. And many lose interest.

3 Likes

@tanakoncik_588

Yes, you are so right about losing interest. I already lost interest in the ‘‘QC gifts’’ once they confirmed they will be sending ‘‘merchandise,’’ and won’t be giving the Digital gift card. What a bummer!

I mean… I’m grateful for the thoughtfulness but…lol no X- large shirts please…:worried:

2 Likes

For me I prefer merchandise, whatever it will be i will be happy.

7 Likes

@padmalayag

Prepare yourself mentally for the long wait to receive your merchandise. I don’t know where you reside, but here in USA it’s taking so long to even get the regular mail, and that never ever, happened before.

I think it was the hardest part for me (personally), and I felt it was the longest waiting of my life, to finally receive the Yesstyle merchandise. That’s why I was rooting for digital gift card…:cry:

Like the saying goes in my Island: ‘‘A caballo regalao, no se le mira el colmillo.’’

4 Likes

Hi @xiaolongimnida,

Thanks for your question! We understand that’s been a big concern. We’ll be handling any VAT, customs, or handling fees, so need to worry about that! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Viki Community Team

6 Likes

Hi @smile7_5,

If you have any additional questions, please submit a Help Center request here. Thanks!

Best,
Viki Community Team

4 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I would have prefered a gift card or the option to choose since it’s to show appreciation for our efforts.

8 Likes

Hello,

Thanks everyone for all your great questions! We confirmed some final information and have put together a QC Gift 2021 FAQ article. We hope this can be helpful in answering most questions!

Best,
Viki Community Team

7 Likes

It’s just a wait and see thing now.
Wondering if it will be like the QC 2017 gift or the QC 2018 gift (very different from each other) or something else entirely :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I still missing the QC Gift Email. I got every Newsletter and Member mail, but this one is missing. I already check out my Spam folder, too. Who can I contact besides the helpcenter?

Thx for Help!
Grettings
Chanty

3 Likes