Quarantine recipe recommendations?

I didn’t think of it, but obviously it must taste also good, I like venison a lot!!

1 Like

some people may stick their nose up at venison, I was surprised one day, good old fashioned beef stew, onions, carrots, potatoes and all. after we ate the stew, the lady that prepared it asked me how did I like it? it really was sooo good! and in a bit she replied, have you ever eaten venison, and I said no, she politely said, you have now, I sure couldn’t tell the difference! so if its good in that stew, It should be good in anything!

2 Likes

Fresh venison is delicious. The problem is too many people age it and it gets too gamey.

Oh! HILARIOUS story!

My hubby had been out hunting and came in the door one time saying, “Time to Cut Meat!” I smiled, got up and got my knives and honing stone out and went outside to FIND THE NEIGHBORS dog - My hubby’s COUSIN’s Dog, had pulled the deer OFF the tailgate and had already drug it half way across the yard and sagebrush, taking it to HIS house.

Damned dog! That opportunistic mutt said to himself, “Oh Lookie! Free Dinner!” The dog saw the look on my face and instantly dropped the deer and ran off.

My normally soft spoken, quiet husband was right behind me, cussing up a storm! Complaining that his rifle was still in the pickup. Good thing or our nephew would have been minus one dog. :roll_eyes: :rofl:

That dog was FAST! We had only been inside a minute.

1 Like

off the deer for now, how about desert or breakfast?

1 Like

This breakfast or snack idea just requires a spread like peanut butter, almond butter, Nutella or cream cheese. Then you simply top it with fruit and raisins to make fun and creative animal faces. This adorable animal toast is also healthy and cheap to make with simple ingredients.

also try these cute animal faces on pancakes, oatmeal and rice cakes.

Ham, cheese and olives are also fantastic ideas on buttered toast to resemble eating your pet your favorite little furry friend.

2 Likes

“Quarantine recipe recommendations?” - Well,if I have to go to quarantine, there’s some canned food that I haven’t eaten up yet. A bunch of Sardines in the microwave and yum yum I guess.

3 Likes

Wanna make the sardine more delish to eat? In a pan on medium fire add some oil (enough to saute a medium onion when onions are soft and a bit translucent add the cans of sardines and mix well. Next take 1/4 can of tomato sauce and add while stirring constantly constantly. The sauce will thicken (make sure it doesn’t burn). I eat it with potatoes or cassava (frozen cassava/yuca is very soft) I don’t know if u have (yuca) where you live. Bon Appetit

3 Likes

ok, what does yucca taste like, just curious, and yes we have yucca here

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter

It has a better taste than potatoes. You boil it until is very soft (add a bit of salt to the water). But warning don’t buy the yuca that you have to peel bc that one is too hard and can be bitter sometimes. I only recommend frozen yuca (Goya is the best brand more costly/ La Fe I like too and is usually cheaper). Any brand is fine as long as is frozen.

3 Likes

Kielbasa: I make a rice with that sausage to die for, and with pink beans on the side. Finger licking good. I also add kielbasa to Dirty rice (instead of chicken) or my fave instant CAJUN rice in the box and the best mix as suggested in box

3 Likes

well I do the cabbage, and have tasted the rice one, aaah, now see gotta watch the rice, diet thing, y’know.BUT I got both, Just may fix me some today, and finger lickin good at best!! rice that is…

2 Likes

Must give it a try at some point :smiley:

1 Like

I tried the cabbage rice, cabbage meatballs (no meat) cabbage lasagna (all sold at BJ’s). Wasted my money bc all went to the garbage, and even my daughter who is vegan begged me not ever buy it ever again. lol

Zataran’s is good stuff! I use andouli, chicken and sometimes a few shrimp.

You can also make Borenque (Puerto Rican) rice from scratch (home made) which is better than Zataran’s.

Make your sofrito.
sauteed onions, dulce peppers, garlic, hot chilis
When that is translucent, add the diced tomatoes and herbs - cilantro, oregano, basil, bay leaf and the washed and drained rice. Cook all that down to let the rice absorb some color. then add water 1 to 1 ratio. Toss in a can of drained pigeon peas, stir. Bring to a boil, stir, then turn down to lowest heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Don’t peek at it - you’ll lose steam and the rice won’t cook enough.

Had to go find a picture

2 Likes

Arroz con gandules with pasteles are the bomb! So perfect together and pernil on the side!!! Why you had to torture me like that? I no longer eat pork:cry::cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Because, since talking about them the other day, I am STARVING FOR PASTELES! :sob: Borenque rice and Pasteles ARE the bomb!

oh… so sorry you can’t eat pernil any longer… I will happily eat yours for you. :sunglasses: It will be no trouble at all.

(I can hear the curses now…) :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh! Angel! Just for you!

I found this Mukbang. I guess he won’t have to share with you. :smile: (She’s really gonna hate me now!) :rofl:

Oo The Filipino version is a whole roast suckling pig Lechon is DELICIOUS!

heheheheheheh, no curses, just enjoy, ok?

It looks disgusting lmao. UGHHHHHHHHHHH is that the nose and the feets?:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

:joy::rofl:

Ok. Today, BTS is gonna learn how to cook from a chef.