Recommendations: K-Dramas with LOTS of tension and romance!

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a fan of K-dramas for over a year now. I’ve seen some awesome ones! My favorite are romances with an interesting plot, lots of romance and tension between the two leads. Unfortunately, I’ve seen most of them already. I am wondering if I’ve missed some. Below is a list of roughly all the dramas I have already seen. I would appreciate some help finding some new dramas to watch with romance and tension between the characters (the type that give you “butterflies”). Please let me know your recommendations! Thanks :slight_smile:

Dramas I’ve already seen: (+) means I’ve really enjoyed the romance & tension

It’s Ok That’s Love +
Secret Garden +
Boys Over Flowers +
Coffe Prince +
You are Beautiful +
Angel Eyes
Cunning Single Lady
Fated to Love You +
Beating Again (a.k.a. Falling for Innocence)
She was Pretty
Oh My Venus +
The Time I’ve Loved You
I need Romance 3 +
The Moon Embracing the Sun
Heirs
The Gu Family Book +
You’re All Surrounded +
Pinocchio
My Lover from Another Star
To the Beautiful You +
Jekyll, Hyde and Me
Orange Marmalade
Cheese in the Trap
Madame Antoine
Pasta
My Lovely Sam Soon
The Greatest Love
Noble my Love (Web-series) +
High End Crush (Web-series)
Descendants of the Sun +
One More Happy Ending
Love Rain +
The Master’s Sun +
Jeju Island Gatsby
Sungkyunkwan Scandal +
Bride of the Century
Uncontrollably Fond
Cinderella and the Four Knights
Dear Fair Lady Kong Shim
Oh My Ghostess +
Another Oh Hae Young ++
Flower Boy Ramen Shop +
Healer +
Jealousy Incarnate +
Scarlet Heart Reyo: Moonlovers +
Moonlight Drawn by Clouds
One Percent of Something
Lucky Romance
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Book Jo
W

2 Likes

Are these dramas all the ones you count as dramas with a lot of tension and romance, or just the dramas you have already seen …?
If it’s only the number of the dramas you have seen it would be nice, if you could mark those who you liked most - with a * or + …

It would be easier to recommend something to you.

Maybe King 2 Hearts?

1 Like

Great idea lutra, I’ve updated my list already.

thanks!

How about Kill Me Heal Me, I Hear Your Voice, Queen Inhyeon’s Man, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and City Hunter?

Also, if you want a little light-hearted one, Rooftop Prince is also very good.

Another suggestion about your list is that if you list it in an alphabetical order, it will be easier to see if you’ve seen a certain drama before recommending it. I had to scan through your list 3-4 times to see if you had seen them or not.

seconding Queen Inhyeon’s Man. Very angsty and sad.

Maybe you want to try:
A LOVE TO KILL
BEAUTIFUL DAYS
BLUEBIRD’S HOUSE
CLOUD STAIRS
FANTASTIC
FLOWER BOY NEXT DOOR
FULL SUN / BEYOND THE CLOUDS
GOLDEN BRIDE
GOONG
HAEUNDAE LOVERS
HO GOO’S LOVE
I HEAR YOUR VOICE
LAST SCANDAL OF MY LIFE
LEGENDARY WITCH
MARRIAGE NOT DATING
QUE SERA, SERA
QUEEN IN HYUN’S MAN
SCENT OF A WOMAN
SMILE, YOU
SWEET 18
THE PRINCESS’ MAN
WHAT’S UP FOX?
WHY DID YOU COME TO MY HOUSE?

1 Like

Thank you all for your suggestions, much appreciated ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

sweet 18 was really cute!!!

Millionaire’s First Love :joy::joy:
All In :joy:
Fantastic
Kill Me Heal Me
Scholar Who Walked the Night
Rooftop Prince
Arang and the Magistrate
Addicted
Nine Time Travels
Werewolf Boy :sob::sob::sob:
Robber
I Remember You😭

Given your preferences, I totally recommend Discovery of love. It has two equally desirable male main leads: Eric Mun whom we collectively fell in love with in Another Oh Hae Young, and Sung Joon whom we adored in I need Romance 3.
The story is really well-written (except for the heroine, but oh well, nothing is perfect in this life). AND it has a very satisfying finale.
https://www.viki.com/tv/23969c-discovery-of-love

It’s on Netflix, not VIKI, but Crash Landing on You is absolutely the best K-drama I’ve ever seen. The chemistry between the two leads is off the hook. I have never laughed out loud so much watching a K-drama before. Secondary cast is stellar - so many of the scenes of friendship were very touching. The story line is excellent, OST beautiful. I have one more episode to watch and then I’ll probably start it over again. Wasn’t overdone with typical K-drama things (amnesia, etc.).

1 Like

I heard people were very disappointed with the ending.

I’ll have to be honest, I’m watching the final episode today. I was assured by multiple people that there is a happy ending (which I insist upon!). I know that it won’t be a totally satisfactory ending because of the whole North/South thing, but hopefully they will figure out something appropriate. I’d hate to have to go back on me previous statement of it being my favorite!

1 Like

Top Management, it ended in 2018 and has Cha Eun-woo from Astro in it.

Cha Eun-woo and “LOTS of tension”? That guy is so impassible and serene, with his cute cordial smile… I would watch him to cure stress and insomnia.
cha-eun-woo-smile

cha-eun-woo

Hello. I am new to this community.

I wanted to suggest 1% of Something. I loved it. Funny and romantic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Long Time No See” 5 episodes 2017

“The Boy Next Door” 15 episodes 2017

“Life is Beautiful” 63 episodes 2010

And the ending of 1% of Something was wonderful. I especially loved how strong the main female was in this show. She never turned stupid as they often do in these shows.

1 Like