Recurring well-known pieces of (classic) music

At the moment I’m watching “When I was the most beautiful” and there is such a recurring piece of music, originally for piano, I think.
It happens to me quit often, that I know it from hearing, but don’t remember the name or the composer.

Can anybody help, please?

2 Likes

Schubert’s Serenade

Franz Schubert, No. 4 Ständchen from Schwanengesang D 957

9 Likes

That’s it! Thank you so much! :smiley:

2 Likes

Same question, maybe anybody can help here, too?

TV-series Kairos, the violin piece

1 Like

It is Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso by Camile Saint-Saens. Very famous violin piece. My daughter played for her senior recital.

3 Likes

Thank you very much.
The piece cannot be lost here. :grinning:

2 Likes

I have three kids who are all classically trained in piano, cello and violin so most of the pieces in K-dramas are recognizable for me so if you have any more questions, I will probably be able to answer.

3 Likes

Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy I recognized myself, fortunately :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful but overplayed piece so my son, the pianist, didn’t really like playing it. One year when my kids were doing a holiday performance at the local senior care center one of the ladies requested it so my son told her that he can’t play it because he didn’t have the music but he will perhaps play it for her the following year. The following year, he had it prepared for her, hoping that she would still be there. After he played the piece, the lady proudly told the audience “I requested that piece.”

4 Likes

Chopin Nocturne op. 9 no. 2 is another popular piano piece that recurs in many K-dramas.

5 Likes

Here is another very popular piano piece: Beethoven Sonata “Pathetique” Op. 13, Adagio Cantabile.

5 Likes

Franz Schubert, Schwanengesang, Nr. 4 Ständchen

1. When I was the most beautiful
  2. The Crowned Clown

Camille Saint-Saëns, Rondo Capriccioso

1. Kairos

Beethoven, Mondscheinsonate

1. You are beautiful

tbc.

1 Like

Where it fits… (You are beautiful, 2009)

Plus, same drama:

2 Likes

Claire de Lune is my absolute favorite Classical piece, right beside Chopin’s Nocturne in F Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2 (I had to look up the piece for the exact numbers :smiley:). I love hearing different interpretations of Claire de Lune and discovering a little about the pianist by the way they play the piece.

2 Likes

If I may add to the list of Classical pieces in a drama:

Spring Waltz
Chopin’s Scherzo No. 2 Op. 31

And that’s all I can remember currently :sweat_smile:

I have heard La Campanella in a drama, but I can’t remember which one…I remember humming along to it and desperately searching through my faulty memory and through YouTube to find the piece, and once I did, I made sure to never forget the name again. Alas, I forgot the drama’s name.

3 Likes

Johann Sebastian Bach, Air on the G-String (Orchestersuite Nr. 3 D-Dur, Satz 2 - Air - BWV 1068)
heard several times in: Choosing Spouse by Lottery on Viki

3 Likes

Juror 8, around min 12, here as marching-in music.
Does anyone have any idea?

1 Like

I think this is what you are looking for.

4 Likes

Yes, that is it.
I also thought it was clearly a Csárdás rhythm.
You are incredible! Thank you.
I would like to go back to it. May I?

2 Likes

I am glad it’s what you were looking for. Enjoy!

2 Likes