Reincarnation-themed dramas?

How about Legend of the Deep Blue Sea, Tale of the Nine Tailed, My Love from a Star (they sort of leaned towards her being reincarnated), Eternal Love 2

3 Likes

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Original request for reincarnation themed dramas was back on April 2016 pretty soon 5 years ago.
BUT if anyone is interested in a 100% all cast reincarnated this will be the drama for you with a great gracious actress

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! I have been trying to find this drama but couldn’t remember the title.

I think USA’sCharmed” has that aspect in it’s many seasons. :wink::+1:t5::sparkles:

1 Like

A more recent recommendation :sparkles::wink::+1:t5: a C-drama:

This is a sequel to the former named :cherry_blossom: “Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms” :cherry_blossom: now called Eternal Love. Their’s is a side story getting center stage in the sequel :sparkles::wink::+1:t5: The reincarnation story is prominent, but it is not the entire focus.

2 Likes

I want to add Hotel Del Luna to the list, it’s a really well-known drama, but maybe someone haven’t seen it, who knows :smiley:

6 Likes

Hi, I have a drama I would recommend, but I actually cant remember the title of it. I actually was reading this, hoping someone else may have mentioned it. Its about three people who get reincarnated from the Joseon period into modern day. It’s a romance, and the female lead only has certain dreams about her past life in bits and pieces. I don’t want to spoil any of it, so as vaguely as possible I’ll describe this one not super important scene. The female lead, I think she’s a graphic artist or something, enters an art contest with her niece or nephew, and she does a picture of a man with a lantern from the Joseon period, which comes into play later. If someone knows the name of this, I would really appreciate if they could post it.

3 Likes

@faithspam1999_268 I think the drama you are looking for is Snow Lotus/Lucid Dream (2015) starring Lee Ji Ah and Ji Jin Hee.
I really enjoyed that drama too.

2 Likes

there is this thai bl drama called " until we meet again" it is also completely based on reincarnation and past life if you are not only interested in k dramas or like boy girl love you can try this too.

1 Like

Extra-ordinary You have motive similar to reincarnation (more like previous life in a different book).

1 Like

For me, it’s Goblin all the way, and to some extent, it’s Tale of the Nine Tailed most of the way.

Reincarnation is not a feature of my belief system (though a Welsh writer, Charles Williams wrote a novel making animal reincarnation a plausible possibility).

I love reincarnation as a theme in Asian dramas because it underscores what is for me a foundational reality. Love worth the name lasts, transcends, and renews. That’s never a bad message to embed in a drama.

Plus it gives the creators of whatever dramas an opportunity to explore the evolution of human history and culture. And Asian dramas are always super educational about music of different eras, food, clothing, lives of the well-off versus lives of the poor, politics, medicine, whatever.

One thing I have never seen in an Asian drama, however, is something that I think must have existed in some form.

A couple of weeks ago, I went shopping at my local Price-Rite, part of a grocery store chain headquartered in New Jersey. I was looking for cat food and passed by a display of cinnamon brooms. Brooms made from bundles of branches of . . . whatever bush or tree cinnamon bark comes from. They smelled wonderful!

They were not labeled as being decorations. They were brooms for sweeping, made in the USA, possibly by Amish folks.

My particular neighborhood is so very “Asianese” that, in the past ten years, “my” Price-Rite has become very focused on food and household items for that population.

A lot of those items are also very natural and organic. My assumption is that Price-Rite is currently in some kind of battle for “Asianese” customers with other grocery store chains such as Wegmans, Aldi, and Tops.

Reincarnation-themed dramas give both creators and audience members wonderful opportunities to explore, learn, cry buckets, and of course do . . .

UMBRELLA SPOTTING!!!

(Literatures and Movies)

If any Asian culture had cinnamon brooms, obviously those would have been reserved for really wealthy people. It would be fun to find out, via a reincarnation-themed drama, if that kind of tchotchke existed.

2 Likes

how about prince on the rooftop and the queens man(??) I think thats the title

3 Likes

I watched Queen Inhyun’s Man. As a matter of fact, the cover photo, did not tell me much, so I thought it was not a great watch. That was a while back, and then one day I read the synopsis, took the plunge, and regretted not watching sooner. :blush: :slightly_smiling_face:
Photo via:
https://asianwiki.com/Queen_In-Hyun’s_Man

3 Likes

Rooftop Prince is a great one! It was the second K-drama I ever saw. (My first was Shining Inheritance.)

(Music Korea)

It checked all the big K-drama boxes for me. It was weird and wiggy and tear-stained and funny and just wonderful.

Wow, if the cast of that show could get together NOW for ANY kind of K-drama series, that would be amazing!

3 Likes

the guy got himself in trouble some years ago. it upset me so much, kinda refered him as my adopted son. however wonder where he is now. he was a good actor. and the girl has really done a lot of dramas, look on my dramalist, it has a big article about hjim. so guess he has retired since 2019

5 Likes

He actually tried to come back as a singer as he once was - I believe

Hving new troubles with new agency

3 Likes

Given the punitive nature of so many manager/entertainer relationships in Korean culture, and given the persistently rigid Confucian-influenced attitudes toward roles of men and women . . .

On the one hand I want to KC slap everyone involved. On the other hand, I hope the former Micky Yoochun gets everything he is asking for.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200424000636

(The picture is from April 2020; poor guy looks like death warmed over.)

1 Like

But there’s no reincarnation in Queen Inhyun’s man, only time travel.
And yes, it’s high on my list of favourite dramas. The chemistry between the leads is off the charts, and it also ends well!

3 Likes

It is a

drama, but isn’t the

The modern person?
The closest I could find on a quick search, attesting to this is here (*❛‿❛)→ :point_down:t5:

"But despite her mind not remembering Boong Do, Hee Jin’s heart does. And that eventually allows her to recover her memories and reach out to Boong Do. Fate also intervenes allowing her phone call to him to cross time and reach him in the past."
https://kdramakisses.com/2016/08/30/queen-in-hyuns-man-korean-drama-review/

1 Like

I love this one, it’s a bit of an emotional rollercoaster and violent at points, but a good drama.

1 Like