Rest in peace Kim Jonghyun šŸ˜­

I understand what youā€™re saying but you have the choice/option to get another Doctor, right?

In the case of your family member although the Doctor is really good, can he/she go to another Doctor? I would, it would hurt his ego so much.

I have to admit that the sarcastic and unpleasant Doctors are the best. They just look at you, and know with some simple words from you what you have.

My personal experience, I donā€™t take crap from any Professional if I donā€™t like the Doctorā€™s attitude and canā€™t change his attitude, I find another one.

Sometimes we give them the ok to treat us like that. I put them in their place right away. Most Doctorā€™s apologize to me and the ones that donā€™t apologize, at least do change their attitude. If they donā€™t arrivederci/Good bye/sayonara lol

You think I didnā€™t try?
And, seriously, in my city, heā€™s the best, the person has been getting very good results. For now I have decided I will not accompany if it canā€™t be helped. Last time it was a crisis and the person couldnā€™t even walk or talk properly because of the pain, so I had to be there. In my country, if you are sick and you donā€™t have a person to accompany you, run around and drag a doctor or nurse to see you, go and ask for water, an extra sheet or for the ā€œduckā€ or whatever, youā€™re doomed! The personnel is very sparse and overworked.

2 Likes

angelight313_168 Iā€™ve PMā€™d you. :heart:

1 Like

Thatā€™s really sad. Where I live, there are many Hospitals/Clinics and the nurses are most of them sweethearts. I have 1 or 2 that are cranky but I bring them donuts or coffee and I soften them right away.

The only place itā€™s hard to be bc they are overworked and not enough staff is the Emergency Room but I rarely go there if I can help it lol

I will only tell you one thing. When my daughter had appendicitis, for a whole floor of a big childrenā€™s hospital, where I estimated around 60 children, there were a total of 3 nurses by day and 1 (yes, ONE) nurse by night. As you may understand, all of us parents try to be there almost 24/7 (and what happens if you have a job and another child at home?). In our 6-bed ward, there was an Albanian boy whose parents both worked all day so he was mostly alone. We kept an eye on him but he was very independent and never asked for anything.
During the night, most of the mothers were thin and they slept on their childā€™s bed, head to feet/feet to head. I couldnā€™t do that because of my size, so I slept on the floor, on two large thin foam cushions from our balcony chairs. When I say ā€œsleptā€, all of us slept with one eye, because the nurse had told us to keep checking the saline drip, in case it finished, we had to go to fetch her so that she could change it. Even like that, she had quite enough work!
There is a very good school for nurses here, and Greek nurses seem to be very sought after in Northern Europe, where they work less for much bigger salaries. Why would they say in Greece? Politicians have been putting tax money into their pockets, instead of hiring more personnel.

There have been many scandals on how the companies supplying hospitals with things like bandages and syringes are chosen, and how much money goes there. Nowadays these things are scarce, and they tell you to reuse the ā€œduckā€ (I donā€™t know the English name, but itā€™s that strangely shaped receptable where men pee) because there arenā€™t enough. Or I have see put an enormous plaster on a tiny wound because they were out of the smaller sizes.
My corner pharmacists, with whom I often have long and interesting talks, tells me that there are many doctors and nurses who come to him with bags full of hospital supplies which they want to sell to him.
But well, we have strayed from the subject. It was just to tell you that the medical system is far from perfect in many ways in many countries.
Now Iā€™m told that even in the UK, which seemed to be a model, there is a shortage of places and the situation is dire.

1 Like

Hey 3 years ago my mom and I wanted to sue someone for calling us in cursed words (it was someone who we actually knewā€¦) and than as we went tothe police office a mashine behind the desk of the police officer who was talking to us turned on and than an police officer from an police car was heard out of the mashine and this was so so so scary, cause there was a building in the city centre (You know thos places where are many buildings with shops and restaurants and on top of this are apartments in the same houseā€¦) and the police officer that we heard talked about something and it made me so so so shoked cause they found a dead body hung up in his apartment andthey said this guy died at an time where I was so so shoked cause of this, because as I heard where this apartment wasā€¦ I donā€™t knoow how to explain this but in the basement of this building was a bookstore where I was in and than imagine this scenario: You are in this bookstore. Next to you is someone searching for a special boook, at the end of the store are some kids with their mom to get some children books, than there is an older person who looks at the decoration that you can buy there too and than there is an extremly happy cashier and in the same time there is someone over your head in his apartment comiting suicideā€¦ damn this made me so so sad at this momentā€¦ 2 or 3 times as I went to the bookstore I felt kinda weird to know that the person who lived over this store made suicideā€¦

2 Likes

Every time I hear about this I get Really Really Sad. :cry:

Hi adrian I want to know if your book of poems is on amazon too or google play only. I have some issues purchasing it through goggle play. Please let me know soon. Thanks!

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=o-5GDwAAQBAJ

Hello, it should work. Maybe thereā€™s a problem with the payment method. No, itā€™s not on Amazon. As a one-man orchestra, just getting to this point was a real hassle. Nevertheless, I will look into Amazonā€™s program to see if I can publish it as a kindle version.

2 Likes

My daughter had to buy it for me as a gift and although I faced many other issues, I never gave up and Iā€™m finally enjoying your poems. They are really amazing and some made me laugh, which I really need in my life. I hope ppl. here check out the link here.

The price is very reasonable and I know theyā€™ll enjoy it too. I hope you donā€™t forget us when you become very famous. You have great potentials. God bless and thanks!

1 Like

Oh, Iā€™m glad that everything was sorted out and that youā€™re enjoying it.
Thank you so much for believing in me !! I always have these dark thoughts and get upset because I constantly worry that Iā€™ll never amount to anything ā€¦ But your message gave me hope. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you !!!

Iā€™m a loyal person. Even before you knew about the book, you treated me with kindness and respect. How could I possible forget such an amazing person? :slight_smile:
If youā€™re using Facebook, you can find me here: facebook.com/cutewritings

2 Likes

Thank you for your compliments but my words to you are honest. You have a lot of potential and a God given gift. A person that can make others happy through his poems, although at times his heart is full of sadness, you better believe YOU ARE SPECIAL.

2 Likes

Thank you ! As the Toy Story song goes, ā€œYouā€™ve Got A Friend In Me.ā€ :smile_cat:

1 Like

By the way, would it be alright if I used your lovely message on my Facebook page? Itā€™s the best review Iā€™ve received so farā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

of course you can.

I now remembered a German vocalist where I liked to listen to her music as I was younger. (like as I was around 10-14 years old) and she made a beautiful song about a father who dosnā€™t knows that his daughter wants to end her lifeā€¦

I share it to you with English subtitlesā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-knlzDyxk

The worst part of the aftermath of Jonghyunā€™s death is all those people who come out of the woodwork to promote their personal agenda: using Jonghyunā€™s death as bait (ā€œopportunityā€) to talk about depression & the need to make mental health accessible or not stigmatized & blah blah. or how bullying & hate words can kill (um, what? This manā€™s death had to do with antis & internet bulling - like, what?) And perhaps the most annoying of all: all the depressed kids who project themselves and talk on Jonghyunā€™s behalf speculating (thatā€™s right, none of you actually know why) why the man killed himself. Look, you may have depression but it doesnā€™t mean Jonghyun had the same experience as you. People kill themselves for many different reasons. Having depression does not make you an expert on depression or other people. Why do people keep dragging down Jonghyunā€™s family & friends saying thy were not supportive enough, or didnā€™t pay attention to signs & etc. FFS stop projecting yourself! His family & friends were supportive as evident when they told him to seek professional help. People can be awfully stubborn to the point that noting can change their mind. So it is awfully unfair to blame the suicide on the family & friends. (at the end of the day it was his choice ) We donā€™t know Jonghyun personally- all we can do is speculate. But is gossip like this necessary? No different from scandals on tabloids. Leave the poor man alone and let him rest in peace.I doubt he wanted to become a spectacle after his death. Letā€™s remember Jonghyun by positive words & memories & letā€™s not pry into his personal private life.

(.p.s. I love how everyone mentions stigma on mental health but no one mentioned the culture & lifestyle of an idol which also contributes to idolsā€™ unhappiness; whether itā€™s crazy stalker fans that breathe down your neck or the grueling long hours that are miserable (slavery) and give no time for sleep & rest let alone personal downtime & hobbies? (I know they get days off once promotions are over, but sometimes idols have comebacks back to back with little to no time for proper rest) Furthermore they have poor health supervision; many are forced or allowed to perform injured or sick & even when severely exhausted. And what about being unable to date or pursue a relationship - which we all start seeking in adulthood. Last but not least: the diets that malnourish & donā€™t provide enough energy. I think even the most emotionally stable will be effected by such poor lifestyle and will eventually crack. This lifestyle is not sustainable because idols are not robots. Change the system & the culture. Idols are not the only ones stressed & depressed due to long hours & overworking : from high school kids to an average Joe working his office job - everyone is exhausted & under high pressure to succeed due to the highly competitive nature of Korean economy/job market. Instead of assigning shrinks & pills to relieve stress, why not shorten working hours & provide better working environments (part of which might also be increasing wages). While mental health accessibility is important, I believe it should be addressed after the issue of long working/schooling hours)

2 Likes

Someone committed suicide yesterday and I want to share this information here.

If you or someone you know needs help, call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can also text HELLO to 741-741 for free, 24-hour support from the Crisis Text Line. Outside of the U.S., please visit the International Association for Suicide Prevention for a database of resources.

2 Likes

:diya_lamp::candle::diya_lamp:

2 Likes

So sad. RIP

1 Like