Sandbox Graduation

During my tour around the segmenting parts, I noticed a lot of people have graduated from the sandbox. I’m wondering how does one graduate from the sandbox? Thank you.

2 Likes

You can sign up for the Ninja Academy - Segging Academy.

After you enroll and enter your information correctly, you’ll be added to the waitlist.
When it’s your turn, you’ll get an invite from a Sandbox Sensei in your Viki inbox to start the Sandbox training.

The Sandbox consists of different “levels/sands”, with an exam at the end.
If you pass the exam, you graduate from the Sandbox and go on to the waitlist for level 1 of the Ninja Academy (you need to graduate from the final exam after level 5 to become a segmenter).

Maybe this thread can give you a bit more information about the NSSA:

5 Likes

Thank you for your response. Looking forward to playing in the Sandbox. :grinning:.

6 Likes

Interesting. Finally decided to open an account but I was thinking whether to contribute or remain still. I’ve just decided. I’ll apply as segmenter, it seems it’s going to be fun. Thanks for the post.

5 Likes

I found the wait list and there are people on the list from July 2023. So it’s going to be a long wait. What do/did most people do while waiting? :grinning:

2 Likes

Subtitle, that was my dear sensei in the Sandbox recommendation (the sensei said if you know one more language than English then one thing that you could do whilst waiting is translating) … I must say that the sensei was right being a segmenter and a moderator for my language gives me a bigger picture when working on project. :slight_smile:
Every sensei and every step from Sandbox until graduating NSSA is something that, still makes me happy to think about (and the suport from everyone after graduating). :heart:

6 Likes

Since I wasn’t interested in subtitling at time, and the waiting was long, I read the Segmenting Guide multiple times and any document I could find on the NSSA website, and read most Segmenting topics I could find here on discussions. After reading the guide you could also try to apply what you’ve learnt using Viki sandbox. :blush:

7 Likes