Scam Message

If you do have an account, it’s always safe to change your password in the meanwhile :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah good Idea, I will do that today! thanks

1 Like

Scam on Viki!

Got a message from someone saying he was interested to share thoughts and have discrete discussions.
He sent me his email address.

I don’t know that person!

2 Likes

Sounds like someone trying to get cyber sex stay clear LOL

3 Likes

do steer clear

1 Like

He sent the same message a second time a few minutes later!

0 answer, I’m interested in someone else :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

thank you i will keep this in mind

1 Like

ok everyone , I was scammed! and of all places Amazon and it wasn’t Amazon, I finally found out and got everything changed. Hey! when you get a call saying someone hacked your account for 200.00, you are upset.

I called the number, of course a person that one couldn’t understand. oh and I do want to refresh, remind everyone esp. me. Amazon doesn’t call us about stuff like this. we contact them, I did change all my stuff on Amazon, a young man helped me with all the changes. He had so much patience

I have been upset for a few days now, my prob , and learn to ask questions!! oh I didn’t lose any money, just a well learned lesson

2 Likes

“When you create accounts online, use a different password for every account. That way if your password gets compromised on one account, the attacker will not be able to break into all your other accounts," Dr. Lorrie Cranor, the Director of the CyLab Security and Privacy Institute at Carnegie Mellon University tells Yahoo Life. Dr. Cranor says some of the best ways to protect yourself and your personal information is to stick with websites and vendors you’re familiar with, do your research on those you haven’t heard of before and be smart about the way you set up your accounts. "Completely random passwords are safest, but they tend to be harder to remember. Write them down in a safe place or use a password manager program.”

and I am working on changing my passwords, and staying with places I know, AND last pass keeps those passwords, and other places like that.

1 Like

I got another one today, this is 3 now from Amazon, they tricked me last time, but I caught it this time.

#4 can you believe it??!! I got another call today and so-called Amazon same thing, BUT I have paid my bill so I know there were way off base, well today I had enough! so I contacted that dont call me government line& they saying I own 119.00, my last message same thing, oh and different phone numbers. wow they are really trying to get money from me! again like last time I paid attention. its really amazing how these folks work!! sorry I vented!!

and another one today! what is going on! I did hang up

2 Likes