Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Just wanted to say to all community members who grew up with this lady’s image on their money or her portrait on their wall that I was sorry to read on the Guardian website this afternoon about her passing.

(CNN website)

I myself have a fair amount of English DNA packed in each and every cell (and sometimes I find it in conflict with the Scotch-Irish, French, Welsh, and German DNA that’s there as well), and I am surprisingly sad at her passing.

Compared to others of her family who had the term King or Queen affixed to their given names, Lilibet was a game old girl who took her responsibilities, her faith, and her subjects seriously. Her necessarily insulated life and her sense of duty made it hard to think outside the cultural box at times, and perhaps her worst moment as Queen was her initially unbending response to Princess Diana’s death.

But compared to the man who will soon ascend the throne, she was a remarkable soul.

(It’s too bad that, when Charles and Diana got so nastily divorced, his sister Anne wasn’t allowed to bump him out of the lineup and become heir to the throne.)

At any rate, it’s a sad day. Somebody truly special has left the stage of human history.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Screenshot_20220910-130302_YouTube

5 Likes

Image result for good sayings

5 Likes

I don’t know if this will be the first time I will have said this here in Discussions, but it drives me crazy that we have to page through all the pages in our collections to get to the most recently added dramas. Is it really that hard to add a ‘sort by’ feature? I probably shouldn’t ask that, though. This is Viki we’re talking about. :woman_shrugging:t4::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

:smile::smile: Maybe they’re slowly working their way, :construction: Viki is always under construction. :construction:
There are so many threads lamenting the same, or similar issues, I’ll link you! :wink:

5 Likes

5 Likes

havent had any snacks lately. so here ya go

6 Likes

I love it. :owl:

3 Likes

heres another one, don’t know if y’all have Debbie cakes in your country

[https://www.playpartyplan.com/christmas-tree-cake-dip/](https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.playpartyplan.com%2Fchris

Ingredient Notes

• Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes – you’ll need eight cakes. Most of the boxes I’ve seen come with six cakes, so you’ll need two boxes.
  • Cool Whip – this is best with the extra creamy Cool Whip but you can also make it with regular if that’s all you have.
  • Sprinkles – these are totally optional but really add a nice festive touch to this Christmas tree cake dip. I like larger sprinkles but little nonpareils can be used as well.

How To Make Christmas Tree Cake Dip

This Christmas tree cake dip is a great addition to any Christmas party whether you’re hosting with one of these more unique Christmas party themes or just doing a standard Christmas party with a white elephant gift exchange.

Either way, it’s an easy, quick, and festive dessert that’ll be the hit of the party!

Start by cutting your Christmas tree cakes into small pieces. They’re soft enough that you can just cut them all at once using a large knife or cut them individually. You want them to be small bite-sized chunks not totally mashed up pieces.The goal is 1/2 inch wide pieces. Once they’re all chopped, add those into a large bowl.Then fold in the Cool Whip and vanilla gently. Just like before, you don’t want to mash all of those Christmas tree cakes, you just want to gently mix them together with the other ingredients.

Once that’s thoroughly mixed, add your sprinkles if using. Fold them in gently. The color from the sprinkles may bleed into the white color of the dip but that won’t change the yummy flavor!
Move the dip into a bowl and top with more sprinkles. Then serve with cookies, graham crackers, or fresh fruit. I personally love dipping these sugar cookie bites in this dip!

2 Likes

image now write!

The season has passed, we are coming upon Fall. weather is changing, the leaves changing colors, how awesome it is when we do see the chnaging of the seasons! there is a story to tell here but its so q1uiet and serene at ther moment, birds are starting their wake up calls, I even see fish swimming at the top of the water, looking for food to eat.

yes a song does come to mind, " someone bigger than you or I" a old song, sung by Elvis Presley. the sky looks ready to wake up to a refreshing new day, can someone throw the rock and make it bounce 3 times?
my coffee still warm while sitting here just enjoying the beauty of the day
so to bring this to an end, May the Good Lord richly bless you and keep you. a reminder, a small act of kindness goes a long way.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
ok lets write!

traveling down an old dirt road filled with leaves

5 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

hey if they want to go naked, go all the way, not half way. they look sloppy to me, If I wore something like that, I think mine would fall out, so how do they keep the “girls” intact like that ??

3 Likes

Screenshot_20211207-141509_Messages

:rofl::rofl::joy: Some specially made tape. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep, lots and lots of tape.

4 Likes

And then they call bras restrictive? :flushed:

3 Likes

now y’all we haven’t had any cake for a time, which is nice, but time to get cake & coffee or tea

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

or how about this one

5 Likes

Holy moly, that library cake! So many tiny books.

That first cake is so fancy.

5 Likes

lets play a tune??

5 Likes

5 Likes