Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

@table122000 I believe you mentioned once that you watched ‘Kingdom: Legendary War’. I just binged it over the last couple days. I am always in awe of the time and effort that is put into creating those amazing performances. However, since you mentioned how pure vocals seem to be a dying breed in the music world these days (which is something I agree with, at least in the mainstream, which is really sad) I thought I would put this performance here because it gave me chills - goosebumps on top of my goosebumps. It’s not exactly ‘live’, but it is so incredibly beautiful. I actually got kind of sad thinking that amazing voices like these sometimes get lost in their group settings.

5 Likes

The man brought four cards, four boxes of candy and four vases of flowers up to the cashier for checkout. The cashier rolled her eyes when she saw his wedding band.

So, the man told the cashier, "One set is for my mom because my dad passed away. He used to do this for her, and he taught me how to give love.

"The next set is for my wife because she teaches me to treasure love.

"The third set is for my daughter because it’s up to me to teach her how she should be treated.

“And you can keep the fourth set for yourself. I just wanted you to know that a man can show you love without wanting something in return. Have a blessed day.”

7 Likes

tenor

More MEN need to think this way! Most don’t!!! :sunny:

In HS, My very best guy friend used to bring me roses - a lot! He was so sweet. My addiction for Diet Mt Dew came from another guy friend who used to bring me a peanut butter twix and Diet Dew everyday from the convenient store. Aw, those were the days!! :wink:

7 Likes

Yes I did watch Kingdom as a way to introduce myself to the K pop scene. All the groups were so talente and
The stages were great. Oh my yes, that Group Mayflyperformance was soo good! It was the highlight of the whole show and my #1 performance pick too. I agree with you that it is sad these vocal members don’t get much chance to showcase threir talents since the groups focus on dancing After dance, songs often have a lot of rapping in these k pop groups. Then the vocals are divided up among several people so you don’t get to hear one person’s voice that much between all of that.

5 Likes

I have a dumb poll - Do you like Pedicures!? So many people I know hate them! I love them!
Just curious!

Imgur

• Yes love them
  • No NOPE never

0 voters

3 Likes

I’ve never even had one, but I voted No because I can’t even stand the idea of one.

2 Likes

I could actually take it or leave it, but nearing the end of both pregnancies (soooo long ago) they were a nice treat.

1 Like

It is the best most relaxing thing on the planet for someone who loves them. My guys are the BEST - mine usually last almost 2 hours cuz I do EVERYTHING! I love it!

3 Likes

I have no doubt. Everyone I know who loves them, really loves them. But I collapse into a heap of shudders just thinking about anyone touching my toes. I am violently ticklish there, so no one can even come near.

3 Likes

I swear - All day long I was thinking of the Nam Hyuk Stair KISS

bahahahahahahahahaha!

3 Likes

You know, she is the same actress who is the FL in Run On, so if you like her, it’s just another reason for you to watch that one (on top of Kang Tae Oh and Im Siwan, who have an excellent bromance in it too. Have I mentioned that?) :wink:

1 Like

I seriously need a Holo-deck!

gfycat

1 Like

Can we just watch him do this all day long???

4 Likes

Ugh, that moment when you’re listening to a new song and thinking it’s great and about to add it to your playlist, but then they throw in something that drives you batty. :rage:

2 Likes

I agree so much with this! It’s really hard to find live vocal performances, and it makes everything worse when you don’t know whether they’re using AR or not :flushed: I don’t mind them using AR(not the Live one, I feel like live AR is such a deception) once in a while, especially with heavy choreography tracks, but not ALL the time. Everything seems to have been sacrificed for a performance :slightly_frowning_face:
I can’t believe I feel relieved when I hear someone’s voice crack during a performance :joy: It’s a natural thing, at least we know they’re singing live!

I go for second best, now. Since I can’t make sure whether a song is live or not, I look for harmony. I like it when the voices layer over each other and the members all harmonize. I gravitate towards bands who use a lot of harmony. I thought NCT DREAM does it quite a lot, among the “4th gen” groups. It’s really hard to find young groups doing this(Feel free to give me reccs if you’ve found more :sweat_smile:).

When they were on Immortal Song in 2019, I like the fact that they still weren’t fully professional yet. When Chenle sings right after Jisung, you can see the stark difference in control. And Renjun loses stability during a high note, but Chenle amazingly carried all his lines with beautiful stability.
And this was recorded while they were sitting around a campfire at the end of their variety show. I don’t think they were doing it very seriously, they keep breaking away :joy: Zero background music, just Mark’s guitar. I like Jeno’s low register contributions. I wish there were more strong low/bass vocals in the industry.

BTW, I think radio programs use only live vocals.

I’m not very familiar with AR and MR, but what do you call the tracks where a person sings live but the recorder ver. of the singing is played very softly in the back? They’re not lip-syncing.

1 Like

Which song? :joy: I hate when songs start out amazing and then they destroy it with a jarring rap. I’m not disrespecting the rappers here, but sometimes it’s just out of place.

1 Like

I don’t like massages either but that’s because I don’t like strangers touching me.

Man! It has been so COLD here! The leaves have been turning gold all week.Even with long-sleeve shirt and a hoodie I am still cold. I had to turn on my house heater for the first time this fall.

2 Likes

Lots of songs have been ruined for me by an ill-placed rap or a rap that doesn’t seem to flow with the rest of the song. As for the one that just lost me, I think it was ‘No Air’ by The Boyz. I ended up still adding it to my list, but it’s one where I would have to skip the end when they just keep repeating ‘No air’ in an unpleasant way.

3 Likes

Ok guys - we have this new place - they make SHAVED ice desserts! They are really low in calories this is Fruit Blast - Strawberry and Mango shaved ice with bobo filled pearls. It was so good. The size up from this is only 150 calories!

I want to try Dulce De Leche Next

Can the Barista’s Make These???

5 Likes

I just did this last night too. We even turned on our fireplace. What a difference this week has been.

3 Likes