Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

I wonder if there is anyone in my town Waterbury ct USA that watches and enjoys these Dramas?

1 Like

Oh, Lord help me get through this next week after watching that cliffhanger that Hometown ChaChaCha left me with!!!

Hurry, someone give me a piece of banana cream pie and a hot chocolate. I need comfort food.

3 Likes

The CEO in A Gentleman and a Young Lady is one of the really good ones. I love him, heā€™s so adorable :joy: Heā€™s not Park-Hyung-Sik-in-SWDBS style adorableā€¦ more like the Perfect and Casual style of adorable. I find him so cute because of the way he tries to get to know his kids. To his daughter: ā€œCan you hold off dating boys for a while? Iā€™m a little jealous.ā€
He speaks so strictly and seems to be keeping everyone in line, but thereā€™s never been a time he hasnā€™t listened to our sweet FL :joy:

And the romance is in the little things. Him almost smashing her head with a frying pan because he thought she was a burglar and then standing there so cute and embarrassed in his pajamas as she laughs at him in the middle of the night. Him following her around cosmetics stores to pick a good lipstick color for his daughter and then ending up having a staring contest when he says her lipstick color is the ā€œonly bearable colorā€. :joy:

I donā€™t approve of all the parenting methods they use(look at me mouthing off like the great and mighty experienced octogenarian I am :joy:), but I like the way she neatly balances the two sidesā€” the rebellious kids and the dad who wants to get to know them.

And words cannot express how much I love my all-time favorite drama grandma
And who DOESNā€™T love some classic, elegant hair-pulling once in a while?

3 Likes

Eastern Idaho is on the western side of the Rockies. We are about 4300 to 5200 feet elevation.
It is high desert with pine, quaking aspen and, red oak on the mountain slopes, the lower elevations are a mix of sagebrush, bitterbrush and various flowering plants along with cottonwoods along the rivers.

The ground is a mix of basalt up croppings and sandy loam. Winters are long and cold and mostly dry with powder snow. Great skiing snow if you are into skiing. We get wet snow in October and then after April. Things start to green up in late April and May - the Last frost is in May, then we get about 2 weeks of nice spring weather, the plants start growing and then NINETY DEGREES summer hits and wilts anything that hasnā€™t had time to grow deep roots. So, itā€™s a difficult climate for above ground crops but wheat, potatoes, sugar beets, etc grow well in the sandy loam.
So things finally get going and that corn you are growing?..well say bye-bye if itā€™s not 90 day corn. The first frost can hit as early as August. But usually in late September/early October.

The humidity here is low in summer unless the jet stream brings up a storm from baja. We can get lots of snow dumped on us if the jet stream brings in an atmospheric river from the Pacific over California. That is usually in November unless itā€™s an el Nino year.

1 Like

Kirk (shatner) in the back, guess they are getting ready for liftoff!!

4 Likes

ok here are some that I had a crush on waaaaaay back when

77 Sunset Strip is an American private detective television drama series created by Roy Huggins, that aired on ABC from October 10, 1958 to February 7, 1964. It stars Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Roger Smith, Richard Long and Edward Byrnes.

4 Likes

then today we come to this cutie guy

ā€˜The Devil Judgeā€™ Star Jinyoung To Lead His New Movie ā€˜Christmas Carolā€™

3 Likes

Nice choices. Back then, I was more into Little Joe from Bonanza and Heath from Big Valley ('cause my Dad was the TV control master and thatā€™s what he wanted to watch). I would still consider them good choices though.

(wiki)
(collectors.com)

3 Likes

OH YEAH!! then littl house on the prarie, highway to heaven
and we cant forget 6 million dollar man, and forgot his other show, yeah crushes big time!!!

3 Likes

The middle guy is handsome! Wish I could watch it somewhereā€¦ looks like a very interesting show! Though I refuse to watch kdramas older than 2010, I donā€™t mind watching anything in English :sweat_smile: Thereā€™s actually more probability of me watching an extremely old English TV show than a new NF series LOL. Iā€™m really afraid to click on any of the latest english shows.

1 Like

his nickname was kookie, always combed his hair and snapped his fingers even had a song about him

3 Likes

I remember the theme song but I donā€™t remember anything about the show. I was too young and not interested in that one. I was more interested in Gilliganā€™s Island, I Love Lucy reruns, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Lost in Space, Get Smart, Batman. etc. Oh and how could I ever forget GODZILLA MOVIES!

I remember I had a crush on one of the actors :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but I donā€™t remember which movie it was. :thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Poor Tokyo! Godzilla was always stomping on it.

Oh! We kids really liked all of the original Toho Godzilla movies and watched them all over and over. Then came MOTHRA! We LOVEd it! heheheh My mom always freaked out when moths fluttered around her. One time I told my mom, ā€œHola, Mothra! Como Estas!ā€ She responded, ā€œHow lovely, you are speaking Spanish.ā€ :grin: :smiling_imp: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :innocent: So I greeted her with that for a couple of months UNTILā€¦
months later when she poked her head around the corner to see the giant mothra flying around fighting Godzilla. She freakedā€‹:astonished:/got mad/ and laughed all the same time, ā€œYou Beast child! You!ā€ I ran out the door laughing. ā€œAdios, Mothra!ā€ :innocent: :rofl: :smiling_imp: :grin: :joy: :rofl: Yea, I was a devil child. :smiling_imp: :rofl:

mothra

I sent her a classic Godzilla fights Mothra cd just 15 years agoā€¦ hehehehe Oh! She Got EVEN WITH ME! :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

She sent this little thank you envelop back to me in 2011. Addressed to: My Dear HeathensšŸ˜†
"Dear Heathens, Thanks for your thoughtfulness! Along with an inner envelope. That said, ā€œShould you one day, see the light and come to find the Lord, I thought you could use these to spread the word,ā€ Along with that note was a cross on a necklace and a bunch of Jesus saves stickers. :smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl: That was a GOODER one!

5 Likes

nowI just have to laugh at that one, ever watch monster from the dark lagoon ? If I recall it was an experiment gone wrong. scared me ā€¦

2 Likes

Oh Yea! That was a classic B Hollywood movie from the 50ā€™s It was scary.

Also Alfred Hitchcockā€™s Psycho! We were all terrified to take a shower even though we were all too young to watch that movie! They were still talking about it for a few years afterwards. I finally watched it when I was ??? 50? lol Yea, I can see why that freaked out people back in 1960. Even though you only saw a shadow of a knife descending. Nowadays itā€™s nothing but then! SCARY!

How did you like, Car 54 Where are you? Gomer Pyle, McHaleā€™s Navy, Man from U.N.C.L.E.?

2 Likes

loved them!!
heres another one, but not a guy ,

2 Likes

Yes, I remember that was a take off of the Six Million Dollar Man ??? Which was an incredible amount of money back then when Minimum wage was .64 cents an hour.

2 Likes

Oh man, I feel you on this. It seems to have become a stipulation that there must be, um, graphic scenes. When Bridgerton came out, my mom was visiting, so we decided to watch together because we both love period shows like Downton Abbey. But holy cow, I should have done my research first because itā€™s super uncomfortable to suddenly be watching those types of scenes with your mom.

4 Likes

Itā€™s about time!

[CA becomes 1st state to make ethnic studies a high school graduation requirement]

1 Like

IT IS SNOWING RIGHT NOW!

The snow is sticking on the east ā€˜hillā€™ side of my house and the snow on the west side is melting.
IMG_20211011_122941_hdr

2 Likes

Oh my goodness!

1 Like