Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

YES! It’s their fault for taking their shirts off! Such teases.

p.s. Out of hearts for 2 hours. If only my outer fluff could do this…

via GIPHY

1 Like

Loved his part in that drama. I was really hoping they were setting that character up to be part of the next season.

1 Like

I had a Pomeranian she was the sweetest! And she was med sized but could get through anything!

1 Like

Another Wookie - the wonderful artist known as Ji Chang Wook - Who I cannot see HURT not EVER in ANYTHING EVER!

Pinterest

NOPE NOT EVER

tumblr
HEALER is going to be the death of me! If I don’t come back you will know why

2 Likes

You’ll only die from his hotness. Oh my goodness, he has never looked hotter
Even if he’s wallowing and in desperate need of a shower scene. LOL

3 Likes

But the poor guy never gets to eat a hot meal in this one, for some unknow reason. lol

1 Like

True :joy:

1 Like

Ooh I loooove the tropes… I might whine about it on the outside but I’m secretly enjoying it most of the time :sweat_smile:

ARE YOU KIDDING MEEE?!!! WHO SAID THIS WAS A GOOD DRAMA TO WATCH??!!! :sob::sob::sob:I’m already crying! Putting this on my AVOID THESE LIKE FIRE list.

Why do I feel like we both are long-lost twins now?? :joy::joy: I know Doom has a happy but unsatisfying ending so I’m waiting for the special day when I’m mentally stable enough for something like that. I’ve still not fully recovered from Ashes of Love.

Again, ditto. I can manage only one angsty drama between about ten light dramas :joy: I find it reeeeally hard to move on. That’s why I read millions of reviews on both MDL and Viki and then try getting just enough spoilers to know the drama is worth it :sweat_smile: I’ve formulated an entire system that helps me choose dramas, factoring in the reviews, ratings of MDL and Viki, along with the people who’ve recommended them(if I know them)… it usually works. Usually.

That’s also why I keep a collection of intensely fluffy dramas to rewatch after soul-tearing ones. Kiss Goblin is the shortest, fluffiest mini-drama I’ve ever seen. It’s like a little candy you can pop into your mouth to quickly cleanse the pain away.

I would like your post so hard if I could, but I’m currently without my beloved hearts. :purple_heart::sweat_smile:

I can feel the twin-ness between us. Not just in angst tolerance, but also in how we go about finding out if a drama is something we can handle, and also needing soul cleansing from time to time (and keeping a nice and easy place to find those tasty bits of candy fluff).

1 Like

Is it a public collection? I’d love to see it, or if not, I’d love more fluffy dramas for my collection, (you can PM me if you want.) Whenever I look up lists of light, fluffy dramas they are usually mostly dramas that I wouldn’t consider light, & fluffy, what they think is light and fluffy I would consider cute, but they aren’t necessarily the same thing.

2 Likes

If I were to suggest ‘My Little Happiness’, which category of the two would you put it in? Light and fluffy or cute? To me it’s both, so I’m curious what you would describe as the difference. And maybe this drama is not a good example of what you mean.

1 Like

I’ve only watched half of it so I’m not sure, but as far as I watched it would be cute & light & fluffy. For me the main difference with light & fluffy would be very little angst and if there is a witchy love rival they aren’t too bad, or not around long.

Something like Fated to Love You would be cute, but for me it’s not light & fluffy because the love rival is horrible and indirectly causes the miscarriage.

Marriage, Not Dating isn’t light & fluffy because of the Mother-in-law.

1 Like

In that case, I would agree with your definition and assessment. As I was going through my collections, I found it a lot harder than I thought it would be to find something that I would describe as purely light & fluffy. There’s always that one thing that turns a perfectly light & fluffy drama into something else…a love rival that’s too annoying or stays around too long, a parent that meddles too much, a side story that takes up too much screen time, etc.

1 Like

The problem is if it’s too light, it risks being boring, so just to be on the safe side, they throw in a little more angst. Which is probably why most of the dramas that I consider light & fluffy are web dramas, they’re short so they don’t need as much Drama

1 Like

That’s absolutely true. And you’re right, the only ones I thought about suggesting that would meet those standards are short web dramas such as ‘Gaduri Restaurant’. It’s been a bit since I watched this, but I don’t think there was a lot of drama.

Or maybe

Both short and, by my memory (which is not always reliable), easy to watch.

2 Likes

Exactly. I thought My Little Happiness got boring after they got together. Now I keep going back to the drama to re-watch the fluffy parts. While I was watching it, it felt like they never stopped making out and bored me.

Kiss Goblin worked because it was so short. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon counts as fluff to me because I’ve watched it so many times and know where to skip. To first-time watchers, the entire psychopath side-plot won’t let them take it as a fluffy story. Touch Your Heart is, again, really fluffy without the murder-plotline. Suspicious Partner and You Are My Hero, too.

In the end, there are quite a few dramas I watch for the fluff factor because I know where to skip. My All Time Epics collection has a lot of fluffy rom-coms because that’s my favorite genre and I go back to the fluffy parts now and then.

The true-to-fluff are mostly the short dramas, and to your collection, I’d like to add Lost Romance . There was only about an episode or two of angst, if I remember right. It’s one of my go-to fluff shows with the perfect-EST, most satisfying ending ever. Oh My Venus, too. Again, only a few eps of real angst… the rest is wonderfully hilarious and refreshing.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, it’s been a while since I watched Oh My Venus, I should rewatch it for one of my other collections anyway.

Kiss Goblin is definite fluff and like you said, it works because it’s short. I tend to give web dramas more leeway because there’s not much time for character development, and they’re often corny which I think would get tiresome in a full length drama, but again, often works in a short one.

2 Likes

Okay, sounds like I may be able to watch Empress Ki with one eye closed. :wink::thinking:

1 Like

Agree that Wookie was HOT in Healer but he was pretty darned HOT in K2 when he started wearing button-down white shirts with black/navy suits. He knows my weakness, that little devil…

3 Likes

Good new, my friends! Our cutie from Coffee Prince and Her Secret Life might be coming back!!!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481042wpp/kim-jae-wook-in-talks-for-his-first-drama-in-over-2-years

1 Like