Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Most people would say that admiring something for just its outward appearance is, by definition, shallow. And there are a fair number of celebrity types for whom my connection to them is really just that deep, or shallow as it were. And comes with the actual oogling and such. :sweat_smile: So yes, a certain percentage of my fangirling (of which I have decades of experience at this point), is that shallow.

2 Likes

Oh if you use that definition, then yes :laughing:. First I was thinking that if a person looks good (in my opinion most people do), it’s not wrong to say that they are good looking. But to only judge them by their appearance is a bit… :laughing: You said it best :wink:

Thanks for explaining your pov :smile:

2 Likes

So their appearance draws me in at first - that is their job - they live off their appearances with modeling, performing, singing, dancing - etc.

But I have found like for example right now - My Bad Boy Hottie - On Long Ballad - I have found more information about him - starting to get to know his personality and he has a PHENOMINAL singing voice - It makes me fall in love with his personality as much as his character and looks on a show!

This is pretty much what has happened with most of my guys! They end up starting off with me falling for their sweet face and then their sweet persona and their dancing and singing if they do that.

3 Likes

Whether everyone wants to admit it or not, we all have that initial reaction to appearance and whether it appeals to us or not. It’s human nature, and I for one do not have an issue with people pointing out when they think something or someone is attractive.

3 Likes

And this is why we have HOTTIE POSSE, Top 10 HOTTIES, HOTTIE of the Week, HISTORICAL HOTTIES - etc etc etc!

1 Like

kim%20seon%20ho%202
So also what has happened recently to KSH - We love him - We have watched over him and been his fan and added him in Dreamy Dimples In Dramaland.

@my_happy_place and I have become completely thrown into worrying about him as a person!
No one deserves to have what happened to him - EVER HAPPEN so we look past the fact that he is handsome and are cheering him on from the sidelines as a human being.

2 Likes

Hahaha so you “collect” them?

Yeah, I saw that you guys became fans of him after what happened. I kind of saw his popularity growth, so it’s definitely interesting to see how many fans he’s gotten, lost and now getting again.

3 Likes

I should have included something along those lines in my original answer, because for those special few (or couple of handfuls) it does reach the level of caring about them as humans and hoping that they are happy and healthy and doing well.

3 Likes

I was a fan only because of 100 days before this hit! I was slowly watching him! Now a super fan!

Um we all have a TOP 10

1 Like

Oh I see, then you have a lot more of his content to go through :wink:

Okay, another question: why hotties? Any specific reason for this term :laughing:

:rofl:

2 Likes

I started Hottie Posse as my 1st thread - Cuz - They are HOT :fire:
It just fits!

And we have Baby Bird University - for the Cuties that are under 28

1 Like

Hahaha alright :blush:
Well, I hope you guys continue having fun with all of it.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. It really is all in fun. :heart::blush:

1 Like

hottie

hot·​tie | \ ˈhä-tē \

Definition of hottie

: a physically attractive person

Webster - Merriam Dictionary

HOTTIE

I seriously need to use some of THESE

2 Likes

That’s hilarious, actually. I never actually thought about that word being officially in the dictionary. I don’t know why I’m laughing so hard.

2 Likes

Look at all the new fun words we can use in watch parties!

I’m using DISH - BABE - FOX -DREAMBOAT

1 Like

So many good words to describe our hotties! Bwahahahaha

Hubby happened to come by right as I was laughing about hotties being in the dictionary, so I had to explain this conversation to him. it made me laugh even harder. Hubs knows exactly what a hottie is.

3 Likes

He’s a dreamboat, baby!

2 Likes

…and from here on out, you may refer to me as “Shallow Stardust”.
Thank you.
@my_happy_place

5 Likes

Giphy

I cannot stop laughing!

2 Likes