Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

https://c.tenor.com/f0e7xB17pT4AAAAC/kdrama-thank-you-so-much.gif

Wow that’s the first time I’ve seen a video without a single dislike and over 500k views

3 Likes

Nah… YouTube has changed their like&dislike buttons. Now, you won’t see any dislikes on videos. So, you may dislike the video but others won’t see it. Only the content creator would be able to see it.

By the way, I am enjoying Happiness. Oooh, I like this genre. And… and… Han Hyo Joo is such a great actress, I also enjoyed her “The Beauty Inside”

3 Likes

‘As part of this experiment, viewers could still see and use the dislike button. But because the count was not visible to them, we found that they were less likely to target a video’s dislike button to drive up the count.’

Wow, people suck, it never occurred to me to drive up the count on dislikes, I clearly don’t even pay attention to dislike, since this was the first time I noticed there weren’t any.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this happen to some smaller creators. Some people organize these “dislike” raids (?) or they leave a bunch of spammy comments. Really stupid and it sucks for the creators.

I still wish there was a way to see if a video is helpful, in the case of recipes or DIY stuff, but I guess you can also take a look at the comments if there are any :woman_shrugging:.

Also shows me that YT really does exist in bubbles or pockets. Some of the people I watch started talking about the disappearance of the YT dislike button immediately, but I can imagine that a lot of people wouldn’t :sweat_smile:. And there are so many different types of YTs out there, that it’s entirely possible not to know a lot of popular Youtubers, let alone smaller creators.

4 Likes

I had not watched her in anything else, but I really enjoy her in Happiness so I will have to check out her other stuff.

It is such a sad commentary on the culture of social media that this type of thing exists, but I know it does.

3 Likes

Music for the CAFE today - I worked out with this forever today!!!

This song is Bussin!!!

3 Likes

Seriously? Targeting the dislikes? Some people have way too much time on their hands. Wasting energy just to be mean to others for no good reason, smh. I’m glad that YT took steps to reduce this type of behaviors, but on the other hand I will miss seeing dislike counts on the hate videos and videos that glorify the serial killers. It was always nice to see that these negative and misinformation videos were called out in that way by having millions of dislikes. Well, there is positive and negative in every decision. Obviously, YT felt the positive far outweighed any negatives here. Anyway, I hope that the Youtubers will feel safer and will be able to create freely and get more honest views now.

3 Likes

I’m so addicted - here is the performance video

3 Likes

Kai in the Café!!!

5 Likes

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501854wpp/oh-jong-hyuk-announces-he-and-his-wife-are-expecting-their-1st-child

Aw another baby on the WAY!!!

He was a singer but he is an actor - did Cheese In the Trap the movie

5 Likes

@vivi_1485, as a resident Yoo Seung Ho fan, and since you seem to be watching a lot of movies lately, I was curious if you had watched this movie.

2 Likes

I watched Blind, and thought it was pretty good, but at times I thought the behavior of the characters is typical of a slasher movie. If you can overlook their stupidity for furthering the plot, It’s a good movie.

3 Likes

This was on my watch list! I know I seem to be watching a lot of movies… I promised myself that I wouldn’t watch any k-dramas during exam season, so I ended up like this :joy::sweat_smile:
And then I kill whatever little conscience I have left by telling myself I’m better than my two best friends… one completely broke the promise and watched a drama, while the other didn’t watch a single k-drama, only six seasons of Game of Thrones :joy:

6 Likes

That’s funny. I’ve watched several movies myself lately. They are a nice alternative when you get stuck in a drama rut or aren’t really sure what you are in the mood for.

6 Likes

hahahaha is that a better alternative? :laughing:

1 Like

We’re all crazy :sweat_smile:

PS: I still am not tired of watching Korean TV ads :joy:
AND MY BABY JE HOON

5 Likes

So I seem to just be so in love with these MULTI-TALENTED GUYS!

2 Likes

Wookie!!! Musical
Wookie so talented!
Chingu to the World

Musicals - Singing - Acting - Action - Vlogs what can’t Wookie Do!

3 Likes
2 Likes

@padmalayag,
@lovemyself,
@zyxw,
@natyh,
@sweetybirdtoo
This thread need one :heart:
to get a Nice Topic ←(❛‿❛*) :wink::ok_hand:t5::blush::+1:t5:
The honors please :wink:

I just found this after scrolling further :woman_shrugging:t5:
Screenshot_20211206-011837_Chrome
Screenshot_20211206-011742_Chrome
:woman_shrugging:t5::rofl::woman_shrugging:t5::rofl::woman_shrugging:t5::rofl::woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes