Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

This video made me sad :cry:. I’ve visited (one of) the medical university in Cuba years ago and even though things weren’t all that great, at that time, people had access to basic medicine (at least, in some of the areas we visited). I still remember the students we talked to and the people who invited us to their homes (some were really poor, but still wanted to make us a meal). Sometimes I wonder if they are doing okay…

2 Likes

THEY’RE OFFICIALLY GETTING MAAAARRIED!!! Oh boy I’ve waited SO LONG for this announcement!!!
https://www.soompi.com/article/1512349wpp/breaking-hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin-announce-marriage
Wishing them all the joy in the world :heart::heart: time to go watch Crash Landing On You!! :slight_smile::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

That was tough to watch, @feyfayer, but thank you for sharing the video.

Yay for happy news! I saw a few different marriage announcements on Soompi today. Love is in the air!

5 Likes

OMG!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Thanks @vivi_1485!!
Loving the news, and update :heart::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

I had hopes also for him, and his costar:

in (*❛‿❛)→ :point_down:t5:

4 Likes

I hope they will be happy together and won’t suffer from any pressure from fans :smile:

6 Likes

Wow! That is great! Congratulations to the happy couple! I wish them a lifetime of happiness together! HB and SYJ are a cute couple for sure. I hope they post a few wedding pictures for fans.

Back in the day I was rooting for him and Song Hye Ko but it wasn’t meant to be. So glad that things worked out for him and Son Ye Jin!

I don’t think they will get any backlash from fans. I believe majority of both their fandoms approved of the relationship and were eager to see them get married. Although you may be right-probably will get comments about having children right after the wedding ceremony is over , since SYJ is 40 years and HB is 39 years old, so a different kind of pressure.

6 Likes

Yes, I didn’t mean backlash, but more like… pressure because they were an on-screen couple as well?
It’s hard to explain, but I feel like celebrities might get pressured / feel pressure, because they have to be like their characters in some way? Even though that completely unrealistic :no_mouth:.

So I hope they don’t pay attention to that pressure :blush:

7 Likes

SYJ and Hyun Bin have really made it big in the industry - they’re veterans. I think it’s because they’re so well-established and famous that people see them more as the people they are and not just drama characters. Their fandoms are rock-solid, and they’ve been wishing for the two to tie the knot since forEVER. But you’re right, i hope they feel no pressure whatsoever and just share life together like an ordinary couple.

Now I’m just waiting for Kim Woo Bin and Shin Min Ah to HURRY UP :joy::joy::heart:

7 Likes

This is so true, instead of getting to know them outside of the characters they play.

This part of Hyun Bin’s translated post, from the link vivi_1485 shared, comes to mind, regarding feyfayer’s concern.

“The ‘Jung Hyuk and Se Ri’ who were together in the drama will take the first step together in that future.”
Credited Link

Unless, of course, the character is a true projection of who they are already.

6 Likes

Thyroid Cancer
On Wednesday, Dr. Oz had a show on the fastest growing cancer in women, Thyroid cancer. It was a very interesting program and he mentioned that The increase could possibly be related to the use of dental x-rays and mammograms.

He demonstrated that on the apron the dentist puts on you for
Your dental x-rays there is a little flap that can be lifted up and wrapped Around your neck.
Many dentists don’t bother to use it.

Also, there is Something called a “thyroid guard” for use during mammograms.

By coincidence, I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little Silly, but I asked about the guard for the thyroid guard and sure enough, the technician had one In a drawer. I asked why it wasn’t routinely used.
Answer: “I don’t know. You have to ask for it.” Well, if I hadn’t seen the show, how would I have known to ask?

We need to pass this on to our daughters, nieces, mothers and all our
Female friends and husbands tell your wives.

Please remember to ask for “Thyroid Guard” when you go for Dental X-ray or Mammogram.

Someone was nice enough to forward this to me. I hope you pass this on To your friends and family.

7 Likes

Another Binge Challenge up by Viki:
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/4417837433747-Valentine-s-Day-Binge-Watch-Challenge

4 Likes

Happy Valentine’s Day 2022!
Which K Pop Idol Will You Be Spending Valentine’s Day With?

I’m hanging out with Rowoon of SF9!

5 Likes

None of the dramas look exciting to me, but I really want that badge :rofl::stuck_out_tongue: guess I’ll settle for… Queen Love and War.

WHYYYY would anyone want to watch Uncontrollably Fond on Valentine’s Day??? :pleading_face::sob::sob:

4 Likes

I’ll be hanging out with my man, Junho. Just don’t tell Ali. :smile:

4 Likes

Wu Qian and Zhang yujian announced divorce
android

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ9FVjpJEo_/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

Oh my, is this really true??! :sob: that is so sad… i had found out about their marriage and daughter only a few months ago

3 Likes

Yep, we’re all going to enjoy ourselves together :wink:

3 Likes

For anyone dealing with storm Eunice: good luck today and stay safe :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

We have a young S. Korean student attending campus here and he just came to the Registrar’s Office window (where I work) to ask for assistance in filling out some paperwork. Almond shaped, dark brown eyes and coal black hair. Such a polite young man. Made me want to run right home and start watching my K-dramas. LOL!

7 Likes

K-drama addict reaction, nothing abnormal at all, just a fan, reacting like a fan. :rofl:

7 Likes