Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Eats for the Cafe :yum:
Screenshot_20220603-233823_YouTube
https://youtu.be/KRWfAeIzW2M
Screenshot_20220603-234510_YouTube
Link to the above cake.

6 Likes

@my_happy_place I almost cried reading this
https://www.soompi.com/article/1529372wpp/ikons-bobby-junhoe-and-donghyuk-share-candid-thoughts-on-b-is-departure-bobbys-marriage-feeling-less-popular-and-more
They speak with such sincerity, it breaks my heart. I wish Bobby all the happiness in the world on this new turn in his road of life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I hope iKON makes one hell of a comeback soon!

6 Likes

There are several time lapse videos also with her, itā€™s hard labor, I can tell from my own experience when I fixed up my houseā€¦ you need lots of toolsā€¦ you become a handyman and you visit more Home Repair stores like Home Depotā€¦ you talk to the employees (who are often handymen) for advices, you watch YT videos ā€œhow to etcā€ā€¦ it becomes almost an addictionā€¦ sometimes you fail and start over :joy:

Checkout this videoā€¦ itā€™s crazy the load of work!! But I wonder how it works with permits, because in US for several renovations you need a building permit since building codes and safety requirements are often changing, and Switzerland is even worse, itā€™s posted public and anyone with a valid reason can raise objection and you might end up not being able to do itā€¦ ah the bureaucracy is overwhelming and fees as wellā€¦

5 Likes

I bet it does! Especially after it turns out awesome!

Yup, but some countries, and some areas of some countries are way less bureaucractic. The people have more leeway to build, or renovate.

4 Likes

Iā€™m right there with you, @vivi_1485. First of all, itā€™s amazing that they have been allowed to talk about it in the first place. What an ordeal, and itā€™s sad to hear them explain what they were going through. And itā€™s sad how they have been misunderstood about the whole thing the whole time. As you know, I follow this group very closely, and they are such sweet and wonderful people, and I hate getting reminded of just how cruel the general public can be and how demanding the idol life is and how they are held to a standard that just isnā€™t achievable by humans.

On a brighter note, they have an online concert coming up later this month, and I am so EXCITED!

6 Likes

A couple of years ago I randomly came across a DIY furniture building blogging website that had me immediately convinced I could start building furniture for myself. Off I went to get a few basic tools, and before I knew it, I was hooked. Youā€™re right, once you get going, you keep adding to your collection of power tools. I have quite a ā€˜shopā€™ in my garage at this point. :grin: I havenā€™t done any genuine home renovations, though, because I havenā€™t wanted to bother getting into the permitting process.

5 Likes

I know what you mean, I always find it heartbreaking when an Idol makes a marriage or baby announcement, and itā€™s an apology letter. Fans should be glad that the people they love and admire have found this joy. But sadly, something that everyone else gets to be excited to share, thereā€™s fear and anxiety for them.

So many Kpop idols seem to have anxiety, I realize that stardom would have a built in level, with needing to stay relevant and on top, but the unrealistic expectations of Kpop fans, I think, adds a whole new level. I hope they can all support each other, and Iā€™m glad they were able to speak so candidly. I just want to give them all a big hug.

5 Likes

Video from The White House on BTS visit with President Biden. Contains some new material. Looks like BTS got a tour as well. Media staff filmed BTS in the Green Room and I think in the East Room as well as main entrance plus the West Wing and the South Lawn. I think they got a pretty comprehensive tour as one of the photos taken that was posted earlier showed BTS in the basement area where they keep the White House China and many of the Official Portraits as well as other historical artifacts on display. The video repeats a lot of footage from the previous video clips, which is unfortunate. I was hoping to get to see more new footage of the conversation with President Biden.
Anyway, here is the video

3 Likes

Screenshot_20220328-112658_Messages

2 Likes

Stars: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Alison Doody. When Dr. Henry Jones Sr. suddenly goes missing while pursuing the Holy Grail, eminent archaeologist Indiana Jones must follow in his fatherā€™s footsteps and stop the Nazis.

Complete Classic Movie: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

http://independentfilmnewsandmedia.com/complete-classi

lets find things!!

ā€¦

Complete Classic Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

http://independentfilmnewsandmedia.com/complete-classicā€¦/

Stars: Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey, John Rhys-Davies, Denholm Elliott. Archeologist and adventurer Indiana Jones is hired by the US government to find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis.

Complete Classic Movie: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

http://independentfilmnewsandmedia.com/complete-classicā€¦/

Director: Steven Spielberg. Actor: Harrison Ford, Kate Capshaw, Jonathan Ke Quan, Amrish Puri, Roshan Seth, Dan Aykroyd. After arriving in India, Indiana Jones is asked by a desperate village to find a mystical stone. He agrees, and stumbles upon a secret cult plotting a terrible plan in the catacombs of an ancient palace.

5 Likes

ok nuff on the movies, lets have cake & coffee

5 Likes

The cakes you feature are all so beautiful! I would find it nearly impossible to slice them up and serve them. I would want to put them under a glass dome for my (and others) enjoyment. LOL!

6 Likes

and I so agree with you~

4 Likes

These ladies were quite fit and body toned!
I just love the choreography and the snake dance I saw as a teenager and I put two rings on my hand I tried to copy someā€¦ what I remembered from memory, it left such an impression on me and btw how did they attach her metallic costume?? Very creative and Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t a real snakeā€¦ this was a German production, the actors were just sun tan colored, lol :rofl:

3 Likes

After buying popeyes spicy chicken sandwich, irl, every online visit conĀ·venĀ·ientĀ·ly pops up a popeyes add. :smirk:
Screenshot_20220607-130953_Chrome Screenshot_20220607-131133_Chrome
https://c.tenor.com/OtwzfazM1_cAAAAM/sml-black-yoshi.gif

3 Likes

hows this one then>

5 Likes

I cannot believe this guy was so handsome way back then!!

4 Likes
3 Likes

yā€™all I donā€™t know if all this is true, but I thought I would share this one. and some of them cant wait!! donā€™t know where they will be shown, it doesnā€™t say

5 Likes

the picture I showed earlier, we gettin old!!! hehehehehe

6 Likes