1 egg

2 teaspoons of vanilla

2 cups of flour

pinch of salt

1 teaspoon of baking soda

2 tablespoons of sugar

6 table spoons of butter- Melted

Instructions

In a medium size bowl mix your milk, egg, vanilla, and butter together.

Then add in your salt, baking soda, and sugar.

Slowly fold in flour until batter becomes smooth.

Pour your batter mixture into a gallon size Ziplock baggy and set aside for a few minutes.

Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan until your oil is about a half inch deep.

Turn burner on high heat for about two minutes and then turn down to medium heat.

Check your oil by dropping a small drop of batter into oi. If it begins to show bubbles around the edges then it is ready. If not than turn it up a bit again until it is good and hot.

Take scissors and cut a small hole into the bottom corner of the baggie. Slowly drizzle batter into 1 to 2 circles and cook until golden brown on the bottom half.

Gently flip them over with a slotted metal spatula and cook again until the bottom half is golden brown.

Place on paper towels to soak up most of the grease and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Serve with whip cream or fruit to top them off with.

4 Likes

I love funnel cake. Someday, maybe, I’ll actually give this recipe a try.

5 Likes

I’d like to try it too, I printed out the recipe so I can have it

2 Likes

4 Likes

leerla loved the shoe

so heres some “fruit” thought you might like

4 Likes

@frustratedwriter,
Hahahahaha!! :heart: :smile:
Those look like icecream cake!

3 Likes

they do, dont they?

2 Likes

Emergency Declaration - New Movie:dizzy:
:star2: A lineup of :star2: stars! :star2: Wow! :eyes: :blush:

3 Likes

4 Likes

The purr of a cat is really so soothing.

4 Likes

ready for cake & coffee??

lets have lunch first

CRACKER BARREL CHICKEN N’ DUMPLINGS - OMG😱 DON’T LOSE THIS😋

Ingredients

2 cups flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1 pinch salt
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup buttermilk, a bit less than a full cup (I used skim milk)
2 quarts chicken broth
3 cups cooked chicken
1 cup celery, diced

Instructions

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in the milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.

Heavily flour a work surface. Roll the dough out thin with a heavily floured rolling pin. Dip a biscuit cutter in flour and cut the dumplings in squares about 2"x2". It’s okay for them not to be exact.

Transfer cut dumplings to a floured plate. Keep flouring between layers of dumplings.

To cook them, bring the broth to a boil. Drop the dumplings in one at a time, stirring while you add them. The extra flour on them will help thicken the broth. I also added the diced celery at this time. Cook the dumplings for about 15-20 minutes or until they are not doughy. Add the cooked chicken to the pot and you’re done.

5 Likes

Life in my part of the Viki-verse keeps getting . . . could I say more normal if not yet normal? Since no part of the Vikiverse is in any way normal, that’s a very sketchy concept.

Nevertheless, I am slowly catching up on three years of spring cleaning that I missed thanks to worldwide lockddown and my own unexpected virus experience back in January.

Below is a brief video of my bedroom in my 1907-era house built when nutrition was one of several factors that created several generations of very short Americans who did not need much in the way of expansive living spaces. I thought fellow Viki-ites might like to see how a crazy round-eye lives when not binge-watching, binge-subbing, binge-sobbing, and binge-snacking through infinite bucket lists of dramas. :laughing:

The spaces in the house are all pretty cozy. Thank heaven the ceilings are like any modern ceilings.

Because my house was built as one of a number of homes for workers at George Eastman’s Kodak Park, it was, as originally built, done by craftsmen who hand-planed old growth cedar for the framing and the floors, who hand-forged nails, and who used milk paint where they didn’t put up hand-screened wallpaper.

Asian interior design was definitely a “thing” when my house was built, and I am back on track to give the house more of that flavor.

You will note that I have a fan going in my bedroom, nd the windows are closed. Fan death probably will not be an issue because it’s not a Korean fan; it was made in China.

My bedframe is a folding twin XL bedframe made of poplar that I got on Amazon. I am waiting for money that I am due at the end of the month to buy a J-life twin XL shikibuton. Meanwhile I have piled up comforters and blankets to sleep on.

My cats will occasionally let me sleep in the middle.

4 Likes

@entwyfhasbeenfound,
Squeal! You sound just the way you write! You did it! Your Asian theme goal! Accomplished! Kudos! I remember you searching for your bed setup in another thread. Cool! You definitely did it! So peaceful. :innocent:

1 Like

and misswillow, awesome room!! p/s I also am doing a decluttering thing, , so I hoard!!!

more cake coming up, coffee anyone?

4 Likes

@leerla73, the look would be complete if I could get some of those Japanese plastic food thingies and create a mural of some kind on the wall.

Or maybe I could make a necklace out of them . . .

2 Likes

I found this woman’s book on Kindle about three months ago, and it gave me permission to be my creative self and organize in a way that works for me. She has a show on HGTV, and she has one video up on YouTube that shows how she helped a mom and daughter who do cake decorating organize a spare room so they could store a lot of baking supplies and tools.

I am a member of a Facebook group that uses her principles, and it has helped me discover that I am most certainly not lazy, crazy, or stupid.

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter, the cake with the mud-bathing pigs is so adorable but maybe not very appetizing. :laughing:

@entwyfhasbeenfound, I might have to check out this woman’s ideas. I’ve seen and heard so much advice on getting organized, and most of the techniques are things I know I would never stick to. What’s the point in an organization system that you don’t make use of? Maybe this one has some useful ideas for my ‘organizational type’.

4 Likes

@frustratedwriter, I have to watch sugar because I get cavities the way (ahem) Lee Min Ho gets girlfriends–almost without trying.

However, as a Southern-born person, I have to have cake on special occasions.

My Nana never made this but maybe for my birthday this year I will try this recipe:

Supposedly it’s Jamaican in origin. Jamaican roots can be traced to the British Isles, Africa, India, and even China. I assume there are no actual hummingbirds involved, though they might be attracted by the icing . . .

(Giphy website)

5 Likes

haven’t had a humming bird cake in a very long time!!!

4 Likes

Terrible tragedy at HK boy group Mirror sold out concert. I hope the entertainment industries of the world take note about the supreme importance of multiple safety checks before each performance. Personally, I’ve always wondered about those LED screens.
http://koalasplayground.com/2022/07/29/devastating-giant-tv-screen-accident-at-the-concert-of-hong-kong-boy-band-mirror-sends-two-backup-dancers-to-the-hospital-icu/

My prayers go out to those dancers who were injured, and to everyone who witnessed the accident, both on stage and off.

6 Likes