Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

I just remembered something yummy my mom used to make, it’s mostly done during fruit season, it’s eaten warm, but could be eaten also cold.
Toppings are butter (liquid), sugar, cinnamon or ground poppy seeds, farmers cheese, butter, or just farmers cheese, sugar and butter or what you like.

These fruit dumplings are to die for!! In this video he is not making a conventional dumpling dough, he used millet grain.

http://www.czechcookbook.com/fruit-dumplings-ovocne-kynute-knedliky/

2 Likes

Hey friends, I’m out again all day, until late tonight. Hope you all have a great day. Play nice in the cafe!

Tenor

2 Likes

Yes Please - Have San bring me a big plate that looks just like that :wink:

1 Like

Pinterest

2 Likes

Make your own peanut butter, creamy or with crunchy peanut pieces, make sure you do not have peanut allergy.
I made once almond butter, but almonds are quite expensive. If you have just normal peanuts not roasted do roast them before 3-4 min. I roasted almonds in oven but obviously in a pan that will do too.

Nothing else is added to the butter when making it, no oil or else. Your processor should be a good one that can handle long work and won’t overheat.

Too bad you don’t understand Czech, but this guy is so funny they way he explains the steps and the video making, they are some English subtitles for ingredients or the steps.
He calls himself “Michael” and he has some other interesting recipes!!

• He says, peanut butter is consumed by folks who do sports, are young and old and it just tastes delicious!

(I know there are Czech subtitlers, but I’m not sure if they visit “Discussions” frequently.)

2 Likes

Some Cafe Music!
WooSung
He has a beautiful voice
Woosung

His Group - The Rose
1 Like

This is my youngest’s favorite MV of The Rose, she thinks it’s hilarious.

1 Like

Devianart

So 2pm - You guys know I love them - I have become fascinated with Wooyoung - He loves to do VLives where he is like a LP Disc Jockey and he usually plays an album and different songs. He also will dance sometimes in the practice room. Last night I just listened to him playing music when I went to sleep. This was the album he was playing. So relaxing the music he plays.

Cafe music

2 Likes

Hi to Everyone!
Lovely Barista of the Day San- I’ll take a caramel macchiato please. Thanks! P.S. I really like your hair!

So, I was at Soompi today and was interested to find out this news that IKON’s Bobby is getting married and becoming a father:
https://www.soompi.com/article/1484678wpp/breaking-ikons-bobby-announces-marriage-and-fiancees-pregnancy

I know IKON because I watched Kingdom:Legendary War. I was very surprised because I didn’t even know he had a girlfriend. Congratulations to Bobby and his bride on their wedding and parenthood! I wish them all the best in the world. To his fiancee, I admire her courage.
Bobby’s letter to fans was very sad to me. No one should have to apologize for loving someone, or for getting married , or for wanting a family. More than anything else, I pray for the day when Korean celebrities do not have to write these type of letters and can love freely and openly without fear that it will cost them their careers and/or cause harm to those they love. Loving someone, dating someone, marrying someone is not a “scandal”. It’s a normal part of life.

I totally agree with you that these K Pop stars have to stop it with all of the “the fans are our girlfriends” talk. It just feeds everyone’s delusions and makes it that much harder on themselves and on the fans. I have to admit, my sympathy for some of these stars has diminished a little bit because they bring it on themselves with their words and actions. It is so very easy to be caught up in the fantasy that the Korean entertainment business provides. They are masters at manipulating the audiences. Grown adults have often fallen down into delulu, so of course the younger people don’t stand a chance. Then they act surprised at some fans proposing marriage, or stalking, or other types of behaviors? I mean, what do stars expect when they are constantly telling fans " I don’t need a girlfriend/boyfriend cause I have you" “I love you”, etc. Everyone needs to just dial it back about 100 notches, starting at the very top with the agencies and their marketing strategies down to the stars themselves.

BTS Fandom: I really wish the Group itself would make some comments or general statements to the fandom about not doing certain behaviors. I think (hope?) it would go a long way toward stopping some of the worst type of behaviors. Maybe they already have and I don’t know about it. For sure. they need to dial it down about the “ARMY is my girlfriend”, “ARMY is my everything” statements. For their own sanity and safety if nothing else. Outside of the “girlfriends” issue I do think BTS is in a unique position to make positive change in fan culture simply because they are so big on the global music scene. If anyone could survive if they decided to live a more “Western” celebrity lifestyle, I think it is them since they have such a huge fanbase in other countries. I feel like they could really advocate for a change in these types of “I Own You” attitudes if they wanted. But while I think they could survive, for sure they would take a loss and it would not be easy.

I admit I do not understand the " I Own You. I Made You and I Can Break You. So You Must Do As I Say/Want" mentality of some fans. It seems to be pretty standard in South Korea, and I’ve heard that this type of thinking is not unusual in Japan either. Refusing to buy albums or support the Group or members because they have a girlfriend/boyfriend in their personal life that they would “spend their salary” on is just…sigh.

I am glad that EXO is dialing it down when expressing the “fan love”. I hope more groups will follow their example. Maybe that will help everyone in the industry to make it easier to pursue personal relationships.

Well, liking cute boys/girls is as old as time and now that so many of the K Pop stars are active on the social media with livestreams and such, along with the many variety show appearances, I can see why they gain many fans who are just liking their personalities without paying much attention to the music. But I understand where you are coming from.

That is so sad. I heard something similar happened with Super Junior fandom when one of the members got married. Some of the fans sent messages insisting the member be kicked out of the group cause he got married. I really hope this type of behavior can go away for good.

I wish fandoms will stop criticizing other fandoms. Live and let live. Also, you can like more that one group-it’s OK.

I have to admit I have watched some of the “Idols taking care of kids” clips on YT. It doesn’t get old for me (mainly because the kids are all just too cute!). Brings back my memories of babysitting jobs when I was in high school.

Ooh! Is PHS really going to do that drama? I heard it was cancelled. The plot sounds really interesting. Anyway, I can’t wait to see him back on my screen!

4 Likes

It bothers me that in his letter he is apologizing for “lacking” and that he has disappointed his fans! You go boy - get married - be a father - so glad for him and I don’t even know him. I was so happy when one of my Taiwanese artist Bii got married on Valentine’s Day and had a baby! Good for you! In the Taiwanese industry it seems easier to have relationships most of the ones I notice are married.

This young guy has not and should not feel like he has DISAPPOINTED anyone! Thank goodness he is living his life with someone he loves! It will be nice when he can share his family!

I think so from the people I know who are more in tune to PHS than me! I know that they were going to change the script but now the name is different and doesn’t sound “historical.”

gfycat

3 Likes

Personally I love this, I want the men & women I enjoy listening to, or watching, to have happy well rounded lives. It makes them better performers when they have life experience, it enables them to work at their craft longer if they are happy as people. I always worry that it will be hard for them to find someone who will love them as people and not the persona they put on for the camera. I hope Bobby & his new family will live happily.

5 Likes

http://english.seoul.go.kr/dream-forest-3/?fbclid=IwAR1Uz5cPHnZFOKh2SKTEmmT18SgCMOic5_FrNB27NQ4nTaDNgpkHNZABEGU

I so want to go to Seoul! :heart:

1 Like

It is absolutely beautiful and the most wonderful and fancy boxed CD set I have ever gotten. Well worth the money, IMO!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. It sounds nice.

2 Likes

Yeah… but they learned their lesson the hard way… after almost being kidnapped :flushed: I hope other groups don’t have to learn things the hard way— just keep a distance. EXO have openly scolded/glared at sasaengs while on camera, but it’s a difficult thing to do… they ARE dependent on their fans in a way.

I don’t really stan BTS, but I felt really concerned when RM told the audience something about how he “used” the fans to be confident so they can “use” BTS to be confident about themselves(something along those lines)… it was cute and everything, but I wondered how sasaengs took it :grimacing:

4 Likes

I just have to say - Distance Spring Is Green - Is going to be one of my favorite dramas - so surprising for me. It is dealing with some TOUGH hard stuff - real life - hard stuff. But the way they show healing towards the end is just beautiful. There is love, misunderstandings, protection, healing through relationships, healing between family members - showing how broken people can help other broken people and be there for them even when it is hard. One of the professors said “You can’t do life - Alone” and that is so true - Aw GREAT drama in my Book! :books:

4 Likes

You are so right, it is not comprehensible to me, that they have to apologize if they want to live also normal life like any other non celebrity. Why do netizens have the need to judge and criticize everything, Korea must change this culture, also their managing companies must better protect them!

6 Likes

So you like it now, that means I should continue watching it :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

jang%20ki%20yong%204
tumblr

wordpress
jang%20ki%20yong%20bubble
tumblr

So 안녕히 가세요
annyeonghi gaseyo
Today we have Gumiho Jang Ki Yong as our Barista as he is leaving for his service! We will MISS you! Stay Safe, Eat Well, Sleep Well and come home soon :sob:

6 Likes

Oh hey! I just found out that Kwak Dong Yeon will be in his first starring role in ‘Hounds’ also known as ‘Hunting Dogs’. 8 episodes on Netflix. Based on a webtoon. about guys buried in debt and who will try anything to get out from under. No date yet.

kwak

5 Likes