Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Be well, Jang Ki Yong!

2 Likes

Some beautiful new posters for “Lovers of the Red Sky”
Kwak Si-Yang who I loved in Oh My Ghostess as a sous chef he is so adorbs
and Ahn Hyo-Seop who was in Splash Splash Love!

Lovers of the Red Sky

August 30th - Could this be the one we could start watching together???

3 Likes

Oh, I forgot— I was keeping myself free in case Viki got “Seashore Village Cha Cha Cha” with our Dimple Couple in it(Shin Min Ah x Kim Seon Ho) :sweat_smile: I was really anticipating it

4 Likes

Barista of the DayJang Ki Yong: a strawberry soda please, and all the best to you as you start your military service!

Yeah. Hopefully this type of attitude will go away. I didn’t know Bii got married and is also now a father! Congrats to him! I liked him in Bromance, and of course he’s done many nice OST. I don’t know if things are easier in Taiwan or not. Many Taiwan celebs are also in secret relationships and then you get the sudden marriage announcement, like Bii and Mike He.

Thanks for the info. I was able to find a recent article about the drama and casting, so it looks like it will happen. They have changed the storyline, although it looks like they are keeping some of the mystery elements that were in Golden Hairpin. The writer is hit or miss for me, so now that she is writing the drama all by herself instead of an adaptation of a source novel, my excitement has died down a little. Still, I love Park Hyung Sik so I will be checking it out.

Yes, it must be difficult to find that special someone who is interested in just the person rather than the celebrity. And I think it must also be difficult for anyone who is dating or married to a celebrity. It’s hard enough to be in a relationship with someone, let alone a celeb. Dealing with that lifestyle is a big extra stress. I always admire anyone who is dating the celebs-they are courageous people.

OMG! Kidnapping?! How awful! They really need to pay attention to security measures around these people. I know that the groups need the fans but there has to be a better way of communicating and engaging with fans that would still provide that warmth and appreciation K Pop is known for but provide clear boundaries and minimize the opportunities for obsession and feelings of ownership. I admire EXO for taking the lead and trying to work out a new way of interacting with fans and trying to enact some positive change. For sure, it is not easy. The entire industry really needs to take a good look at itself and put forth a coordinated effort between the agencies, the managers, marketing and PR, and the stars.

I understand where you are coming from with your concerns for RM. I agree that K Pop stars can make it difficult for themselves sometimes when they don’t think things through on words and actions. But it’s very difficult to be “on guard” all the time so I understand why it can happen. For sure, though it’s not the first time BTS has made it hard on themselves. As I have said before, I’m new to the K Pop scene so i’ve been listening to and looking at videos from a lot of groups. Of course BTS has the most content to look at because their fandom is so large and the Group itself puts out a ton of content, so I notice them a bit more. For a Group that is 8 years in the business I am surprised at how often they will say things that I find concerning in terms of it might lead to “feeding the saesang frenzy”. Latest example was the special Zoom fan meeting they had a few weeks ago. So some fans posted subbed Video of portions of the Zoom meeting later on YT. One of the fans proposed marriage to RM. First mistake: Jungkook chooses to read out this comment from the chat when he should have just ignored it. No one would have known. “Namjoon let’s get married!” Second mistake: RM response: “Good!”
My response: What Are They Doing?! Don’t they know better?!

I agree completely! I hope that we will see positive change soon.

4 Likes

Giphy

Cafe Music from Bii
I believe he has now been married over a year! I also loved him in Bromance and then found his beautiful voice - such a handsome guy with so many talents!

5 Likes

awwwwh at least it wasn’t “When we meet, let’s do it” :flushed: I heard someone say that and got so scared that some sasaeng might come after him.

Most of them say they’re too busy but I really liked NCT Chenle’s response: “How can you marry a person you’ve never met? Love yourself more. You can’t just give yourself to someone you have never met, right?”
I feel like younger fans copy whatever the older fans say, so I liked the fact that Chenle said that himself. “You shouldn’t just give yourself to someone you admire.” Young girls need to hear that.
Celebs should know that it isn’t rude to look at the screen and say “Sorry, no.” It’s actually funny. I laughed and laughed when some weird fan commented “Please stay still so that my arrows of love can hit you” and Jeno and Jisung immediately started moving, dodging and hid themselves under a table :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, thank you so much for that strawberry soda! So refreshing in this heat!
And thanks for the Bii MV. He really does have such a beautiful voice.

3 Likes

don't%20get%20mushy%20on%20me%20princess
Tenor

So starting Wednesday (hostess at the cafĂ©) @kdrama2020ali will be on hiatus - until September 2nd. Baristas will need training, their uniforms laundered, & help keeping up with the busy Segue Cafe clientele. Hotties will need help keeping on their shirts and Baby Birds might be getting some new professors who add on new intramurals and PE requirements. I’ll be taking my umbrellas & tissues with me as I trip and fall while listening to the Goblin OST into the arms of DOOM! :open_umbrella:

Ottoke - Ottoke - Aigoo
BE GOOD :purple_heart:
@my_happy_place

6 Likes

I see that Ntflx is getting this one. I am looking forward to it.

I am looking forward to this one too, but I don’t usually have access to new content.

Don’t worry, we’ll totally be good while you’re not here guarding the hotties. :wink:

4 Likes

Oh my! I can’t believe someone actually said that-talk about risky behaviors! I agree NCT Chenle has a very good response and for sure the fans need to hear that message. It’s so easy to be caught up in the fantasy but the reality is that these people are complete strangers. Definitely agree that celebs should understand that it is OK and be confident in saying no to this type of stuff. “Arrows of Love?” LOL. Lord have mercy! I;m glad that they ran away, :rofl:

4 Likes

Enjoy your break!

3 Likes

I let Sponge Bob help here out, he can do well multitasking!

6 Likes

Barrista Xiumin:

6 Likes

Yellow Slug Reviews

Well - Here is Man Candy Tuesday! :smile:

4 Likes

ooohhh this is one handsome barista! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Make sure you don’t overwork him, he’s just recovered!
I’ll be spending half my non-existent money and all my time here today :joy:

4 Likes

tenor

Another one bites the DUST - I finished Spring is GREEN :green_apple:
I really loved how the relationships worked in this one! And you know I love a Bromance!

4 Likes

I’m so happy that Xiumin was healthy enough to hang out with us today!

5 Likes

I was just introduced to WooSung over in the hottie posse, so I figured he could be our barista for the day.

I haven’t heard any of his music yet, but I hear he has a nice voice, so maybe he’ll even sing us a little somethin’.

3 Likes

Let’s share some Hwarang flower boys :wink:
Choi MinHo

Park Seo Joon

After the Sword Dance they still remember it :rofl:

6 Likes

So many flower boys in one place, and the bromance was so strong! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes