Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:
Maybe someone should bring me another salted caramel hot chocolate and oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and DO-zie would like a triple venti extra hot chai latte with whip and a donut EXTRA sprinkles :sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

@my_happy_place

Is the Barista hiding again!???

(Giphy)

I think he’s in the kitchen practicing his barrista skills . . .

1 Like

For you:

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate with Salted Caramel Sugar ~ Recipe (queensleeappetit.com)

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies | Sally's Baking Addiction (sallysbakingaddiction.com)

4 Likes

Shouldn’t that gif be in the terrible pick-up lines thread? lol

3 Likes

So it is finalized! I guess he is in England. Should we get him to be a BARISTA for a day!
Or is he too busy? He left on Sept 3rd.

3 Likes

About your fan meeting… how were the celebrity-fan interactions? Were you able to participate??

2 Likes

They had letters that they read they picked from! I was gone so I was not able to send one in. Each member read one - it was very sweet. The one that Jun.K read he actually knew who the fan was and he had misspelled their name previously and for years thought that was their name - he apologized and re-signed something for them - I’m sure that lucky fan will get that. It was cute. They did look at our comments - they must have had a HUGE board they could see. They caught someone named “SHINee” in the comments - and OK T made a huge deal about it - it was funny. And we were all crying during OK T - reading his letter to the group and they could see that we were crying and made comments that kind of stuff. Before the fan meeting they had done 2 rounds of virtual fan signings!

4 Likes

We need a BARISTA for today @my_happy_place

1 Like

Has the hottie we are watching in the watch party served as barista yet? If not, that seems appropriate.

3 Likes

OH K!
Xu Kaicheng for our Barista Today!

well%20intended
Tumbex
well%20intended%20love
Tumgir
Umbrella and Slurping - Two Tropes!!!

5 Likes

https://www.viki.com/collections/3295461l-underrated-gems

Fan Page from @choitrio on Viki Home Page

2 Likes

Ni hao Barista Xu Kaicheng! I’ll take a caramel macchiato, thanks.
I’ve enjoyed your performances ever since i first saw you in Moon River. Looking forward to your next project.

How was the fan meet structured since it was virtual? I have never attended a fan meet so I was wondering what usually happens at them and is it different if it is a virtual fan meet? Did 2PM speak English? If not, how did the non-Korean speakers understand what was being said? I think you said you had to pay for tickets to this virtual fan meet. Do all of the attendees get any souvenirs included in the price of the ticket? Or are you just paying for the chance to see 2PM in person? Please tell us about your experience.

Questions for the Cafe:

1. I watched the Stray Kids react to their latest MV Thunderous (Aug 24, 2021) and noticed Han had a eyepatch over one of his eyes. Does anyone know what happened to him? I tried to find out but I couldn’t find any information about a possible eye injury. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places. Any info appreciated.

2. Does anyone know what material the K Pop Boy Groups costume pants are made out of? I’m wondering how they can dance in those tight fitting pants. In the practice videos they are usually wearing sweatpants or trackpants, but of course they don’t wear that onstage.

3 Likes

They did some concert songs - the room was beautiful they had couches - they had a board with games on it. So they danced, sang, talked to us, watched comments, read letters from fans, they read letters they wrote - they joked around and went of script it was hilarious! I have seen fan meetings taped and they usually do games etc. 3 hours of pure BLISS.

No - Not much! They had a subtitle person - we probably missed some of what they were saying but it was LIVE we got the understanding of what they were saying

I think there was a downloadable paper bracelet I’m not sure but I am also am a Fan Club Member so I got a discount. But My Souvenir was getting to be with them for 3 hours.

I am so happy that I watched it. They had Fan Cams - So I could just watch Junho at certain times or watch all of them. They were so sincere. They had us CRYING. What a beautiful friendship family they have as 2pm I hope I get to see another one. If not for the fact they did it virtual, I would never be able to attend unless I went to Korea. Their joking around was hysterical.

gfycat

3 Likes

A fan says he accidentally poked his eye while taking out his contact lenses
https://twitter.com/gyuulab/status/1058393245758046208?s=20

I would guess it is a parachute or silky type material so it moves with them but I don’t know

3 Likes

I’ve wondered this myself. Even in some of the practice videos, it seems like they are wearing tight skinny jeans, and I have no idea how they dance in those. They must be extremely stretchy denim, which does exist.

4 Likes

Bigger Bolder Baking

I make sugar cookies very similar to this and they are SO yummy! Barista -
Xu Kaicheng

Sugar Cookies out on the patio in this crisp nice almost FALL weather! We can all hang out and chat.

Sugar Cookies

Summary

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add dry, mix well. Roll into tsp size balls - bake at 350 for 10 to 12 min. Frost:

Frosting:
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup butter (room temp)
Milk
Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, butter then add enough milk to desired consistency. Frost put on iced sprinkles.

2 Likes

If it’s denim, it’s usually stretchy denim. Like jeggings.

Most of the time their pants are just black so I can’t see what material they are. I’m pretty sure they’re tailored track pants. I’ve seen some groups wearing pants that look like leather or some other shiny material… I wonder how uncomfortable that is.

Here’s EXO wearing full suits and shiny while dancing

I can’t imagine dancing in a shirt, tie, jacket and overcoat. :flushed: And yet they smile and act cute and continue. There have been a few instances where their pants ripped onstage. There w was a time Baekhyun danced in water on his knees after forgetting to wear kneepads. The fabric ripped and his knees were bleeding. Of course he covered it up with a towel and walked happily off stage.
4 Likes

That top one looks like they are wearing “Pleather” or “velveteen Pleather”

Parachute material is very similar to track pants I bet they use that and the suits have to have some stretch in them or they would rip them every time they got in them. It amazes me how HOT they get on stage - I just wanna give them more WATER

Thank you for the EXO - It continues my LoveFEST

3 Likes

@vivi_1485
I don’t think you have anything to worry about when it comes to their COMEBACK - their sound is so GOOD! They are not going to have any trouble as long as the current members keep their name in the SPOTLIGHT

4 Likes

I’m missing Myungsoonie!!!

Warning if you have motion sickness with the scooter part!

I was beating my poor brain for days trying to remember what song had this beginning! Oh finally found it! I love this song!

2 Likes