Share something (songs,film...) on your language! 🥰

Yepp xd Even I know that dunno where I heart it tho

1 Like

auf arbeit… rauf und runter

Ich höre auf der Arbeit immer “aktuelle” Songs und die sind selten auf deutsch, eher englisch.

vor allem hörst du aller 2 stunden dasselbe xd

1 Like

My first French teacher did that too, …
The song about rain brought back another memory of a singer called Dalida, she was French with Italian roots. She did sing a lot in German, one of the songs was “On the Day the Rain Came”

It’s a really old song, I only found this translation

Since I don’t see any French music around, … As I live not too far away from France and my first foreign language was French in school we started at age 6.
Maybe you are curious about the first song of my teacher. Since we were little, she took her guitar and played this one

I love her outstanding voice, it’s not a feelgood song, but shows the range, she is able to sing, Lara Fabian - Je suis malade (I’m sick)

I can’t leave you with a song like this, so here is something more bright, Zaz - Je veux (I want)

Bonne nuit! Good night! Buona notte! (?)

4 Likes

:sparkling_heart:

summary:

let us (all) be a hero for one day

I wish to be a hero (…) who believes the good will win in the end…one who sees the light in the darkest hour… one who takes action instead of going away when fear is on its climax…

… I wish to be a hero, doing what’s right… even for just one day…

heroes gives everything for that one moment ~ let us all be like heroes and do the right thing

(it’s not a wordwordly summary, more the core essence)

4 Likes

Here are a few songs from a Lebanese singer, Nancy Ajram. She does traditional and pop. Currently, Lebanon is going through a revolution and protests, so my heart and prayers go out to my birthplace.

And here is something more upbeat :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks to all of you for sharing these songs with their beautiful language and culture :heart::heart: I invite you to share even something different from songs like videos (only with english subtitles if possible), legends, anecdotes, film or tv series, YouTube channels which can make you learn you language or whatever you want :rose:

Well It’s really funny :joy: I don’t know why my teacher has chosen this song :joy::revolving_hearts:

Really interesting! Thanks for sharing these songs ^-^ As well as English and German, I want to study French too (I studied it for three years and now, after years, I want to study it again because it’s such a beautiful and elegant language :sparkling_heart: ). Have a good day dear :wink:

OMG I love it! It’s a strong song with a powerful rythm. Regarding the meaning… well I think it’s really beautiful. Thinking about it, we can all be heroes if we want. A hero it’s not only the one with superpowers we see in books, comics and movies but it’s above all who help the others without wanting nothing in return, who loves unconditionally and who takes care of what he/she has… Thanks for sharing dear :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Love them so much! :heart_eyes: The first one touched my heart and, maybe I’m wrong, but I know her. Is she a Turkish actress? Because she looks like one of the main characters of “Hayatimin Aski”, together with Serkan çayoğlu (I know him from Kiraz Mevsimi, translated in Italy simply as “Cherry season”). As you can see, I love Turkish and I saw some series in this beautiful language ^-^ I’ve seen the ones I’ve mentioned in italian, but I’ve seen others in Turkish with English subtitles too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The videoclip of the second one is stunning and,regarding the third, it reminds me of some Turkish songs I’ve listened in the series I’ve seen and I like it :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

First o fall, I want to tell you that my heart and my prayers go to Lebanon too my dear :revolving_hearts: Secondly…thanks for sharing! I had never listened to a Lebanese song and they are so beautiful ^-^ While listening the first one, I thought that it’s amazing that people from different countries with different languages and cultures are in reality so similar… Why? Because feelings are universal :sparkling_heart: She is such a talented and beautiful woman! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I liked all these songs in different ways but my favourite is the first one :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Yes, it seems liker her ^^ I dont watch so many turkish drama tho xD My respect to you!
I am currently on more historic one like Diriliş: Ertuğrul (engl. Resurrection: Ertuğrul) because I just love historic so much (doesnt change since 10 years) xD PS: Netflix has the licence now (I hope I can say that??) WOW I LOVE IT Q_Q Now i can bingewatching it and also understand 100% because some words are really old (like in chinese dramas) and the new generation wouldn’t understand 100% like my father because he knows those words.

@lutra I am gonna listen to the french ones because I like the language :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing! PS: I know the last song wow xD Shes really famous, isn’t she?

@helenama73_911 I know Nancy Ajram through a friend of mine! She has a really good voice and I know one of her songs but I dont know what it is called anymore v.v Edit: After I watched it LOL… it was the second one xD This song is really fomous overseas.

1 Like

Zondag met Lubach was on trending 3 years ago for the parody “America first, the Netherlands second”.

He’s still pretty popular in the Netherlands and makes interesting pieces from time to time (this one has English captions):

2 Likes

Yes, her albums reached gold and platinum status even in Germany.

1 Like

A very talented songwriter Roger Cicero left this world way too early.

Didn’t find a video with subtitles, nor an English translation, but this song kind of feels like his legacy - the title -Wenn es morgen schon zu Ende wär - (If tomorrow everything would already be over)

It’s about living this tiny bit more since you never know, but maybe should be aware that life is not endless and one never knows when you time is up. Roger Cicero was aware of it since his father died at the age of 57. Roger died in 2016 at the age of 45 even younger than his father and leaving behind a 7-year-old son. It was so sad to know this story, when his cause of death was the same as the one of his father. Roger always expressed his wish that he could stay alive longer so his son wouldn’t have to experience the same.

If someone has the time to make a translation that would be nice, I won’t be able at the moment.

2 Likes

One of Germany’s most known and successful musicians is Herbert Grönemeyer. He sings mostly in German but made some English versions of his songs, he was living in London for a while so his kids could grow up without always being called - the daughter or the son of … And I almost forgot he was acting (most famous movie he was in Das Boot).
Anyway he also did some music with other musicians, and he did music for movies and drama(s). One of my favorite English songs he did is this one and there is no German version.

There is an interview where you get to know him a bit better it is in English.

He lost his wife and his brother to cancer in a short time, I don’t recall if it was in one week or a month. He wrote this song afterwards …

This song was not written by him it is used as a lullaby. It’s a Christian song from the 18th century, still in use. I like about it that it has so many wishes included, even the sick neighbor, to wish him some good sleep. Maybe more up to date in these days.

2 Likes

ich mag den gar nicht. auch lindenberg und den freiheit typ nicht.
ihre stimmen sind… geschmackssache

This is one of my favorite German songs ever, Xavier Nadoo - Sie sieht mich nicht (She doesn’t see me), Soundtrack for the German Asterix and Obelix “live action” movie. So beautiful and so sad. He is totally in love with her, but she has no eyes for him. So he adores and loves her from afar and suffers silently.

I’m sorry, the video quality is quite bad:

And a really great dance song, so catchy is Cultcha Candela - Hamma ^^ A song about a beautiful girl, hard to understand for German learners because of the slang.

One last song is from Max Giesinger - 80 Millionen - about a man looking for his soulmate and love between 80 millions Germans.

Concerning Italian songs I love to listen Eros Ramazzotti’s song, one of my farovites is Terra Promessa, his debut song from the festival in San Remo:

And his love song with Anastacia “I belong to you”

1 Like