Share something (songs,film...) on your language! đŸ„°

Du meintest Grönemeyer, da geht es auch weniger um Stimme als um Aussage.
Aber ist doch okay, jeder hat einen anderen Geschmack.
Lindenberg bewundere ich in gewisser Weise, weil er eben sein Ding macht.

Udo Lindenberg was born in 1946 this song cam out in 1981, when he was 35 and I was barely a teenager. And what to say, almost 40 years later unfortunately it is still a topic. The translation of the lyrics are in the video description. And he is still there.

Freiheit-Typ da musste ich einen Moment ĂŒberlegen - Marius MĂŒller Westernhagen 

1 Like

Lara Fabian is not really French. She is Belgian-Canadian but living in France since a while now. That’s why we can see her on French TV.
She can sing in French, Italian, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Russian, German, Hebrew and Turkish.

1 Like

For “Je suis malade”, the original interpreter of this song is Serge Lama. It is a song from 1973.
If you wish to listen to it, here it is :slight_smile: :

2 Likes

I know she is not French, I didn’t say she was.
Oh, I have not seen her sing in German, she does? Do you have a link maybe?
I know her since 1999/2000 from French TV (including the show Taratata - I love this one, but get to see it too little) I bought her album Lara Fabian back then. Oh, I found a little piece where she sang German but you had to concentrate pretty much to understand it. I give her a thumps up for trying she looked pretty young on that cover.

I know, but I was even more surprised since I posted about Dalida, that she actually sang that song too.

I am living not too far from France and French was my first language so there are songs throughout my childhood playing on the radio:
Michel Delpech - Pour Un Flirt, Pierre Groscolas - Lady lay, Plastic Bertrand - Ca plane pour moi, Danyel Gerard - Butterfly, 

In the 80’s more J.J. Goldman, France Gall, Jeanne Mas, Julien Clerc, Francis Cabrel, Patrick Bruel, 

In the 90’s more Niagara, Celine Dion, Pascal Obisop, Florent Pagny, 

I am still able to communicate in French - parler - writing is another story though since I haven’t done it in a while.
Merci pour les informations!

I know you didn’t say she was. Don’t worry. I was just precising it just in case you didn’t know.

I find it really great you know all that. Do you know more recent French songs?
I’m curious about which kind of French songs are known internationally.

I have to say, I’m French but not listening a lot of French songs because of the lyrics which I don’t like the most part of the time (especially for rap songs).
When I listen to a song, generally I need lyrics with a lot of meanings. For me lyrics are the most important (even more than the voice sometimes). But it’s also true that if the lyrics are good but I don’t like the voice, I won’t listen to it generally.

Well, if you wish to try writing in French from time to time, don’t hesitate. I will be there. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :heart:

Lara Fabian’s “Je t’aime” is so heart touching and “Caruso” too!

And I don’t know why, but her voice reminds me of the French singer “Pomme”.

1 Like

Agree with you about that. :slight_smile:

Whose voice reminds you of “Pomme”? Lara Fabian’s voice? If so, yes maybe there is a little something.

Yes, the voice of Lara Fabian :slight_smile:

1 Like

So long I didn’t hear his songs almost forgot them thanks for reminding :slight_smile:

Falco also died way too early :tired_face:

PS:

Somehow it is mostly not possible to find German songs with English subs for whatever reason 

Here is a song I really like because of the lyrics especially:

It was hard to find it with English translations but here it is.

Same for French songs. It is easier to find French songs with Spanish subs than finding them with English subs.

2 Likes

Your song is quite nice, with that melancholy, somehow I’d think typically French because the French songs my mother used to hear also were quite melancholic.

Not all French songs are melancholic but true that a lot are like that.

Here are other French songs, not the same style at all:

For this one, the singers are talking on behalf of other people (you will see while listening and reading the lyrics):

This one is from a well-known French singer (but I don’t know if people know him outside of France):

1 Like

Me too, it’s hard for me to follow them, my ears feel like in a roller coaster - I just can’t catch the word or meaning, if there are no lyrics and often I don’t bother to look for it - There are only a few rap musicians I like.

I wished we wouldn’t have those strict laws in former years when it was not as clear we and other language music lover had music channels here at Viki and provided the subtitles for other to understand the music. That’s when I listened a lot to French and Turkish music because the channels were good.

And yes Falco 
 :cry:

1 Like

Matt Pokora, bien sure! I know him from the soundtrack of Robin des Bois (A Nous) :slight_smile: While watching YT fan videos I stumbled upon him and got curious.

And he has so many different styles. I love “Le Monde” and “Ouh Na Na”, too.

2 Likes

Yes, I wasn’t really listening to his songs before but I have to say, I like the lyrics of almost all his songs. :slight_smile:
I also like one song he did with Soprano: “Mieux que nous”. It’s about a kid with divorced parents and how he feels about it, seeing his parents rebuilding their lifes. And the parents are telling him he will do better than them. But I can’t find it with English subs.

Here it is if you wish to listen to it:

A short anecdote about another soundtrack of Robin des Bois (Un monde Ă  changer), they filmed a part of it in the town in which I went to high school (you can see it from the start until 1:13). I was surprised when I saw that.

1 Like

@lutra

yes more translations for songs would be nice. I guess we Germans have to be glad that finally we can use Youtube compared to the past when GEMA was like Chinese censorship
 even official music label channels on Youtube were unavailable for us while all others in Europe could listen to them without problems
 That’s also bad because many songs are still missing while other country’s songs are there in a large amount, especially older ones.

Un monde Ă  changer is really catchy :slight_smile:
Parlez, parlez, et allez, chantez chantez, et venez, dansez, dansez, moi j’ai bien d’autres choses à penser, marchez, marchez, et allez riez. Jouez, vous pouvez frimer, rever, car moi j’ai tout un monde à faire bouger, un monde à changer, des hommes à secouer
 (if I got the lyrics right^^)

1 Like

You’re great at this! You got the lyrics right, yes :slight_smile: and no mispelling apart from the circumflex accent missing on “rĂȘver”. You did so great! A lot of French people would have make at least one mispelling per sentence (some even one per word).

Oops, I was too lazy for the cirumflex ^^ And not sure about secouer, but I thought, this would fit, shake them up, shake them awake. And he’s singing the refrain slow and clear enough to understand him well. The other parts are much harder to understand. Oh la peine ^^

1 Like