Share something (songs,film...) on your language! šŸ„°

Wow! I didnā€™t know where the term ā€œStockolm Syndromeā€ comes from! Iā€™ll surely see it, thanks for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

1 Like

So beautiful! Iā€™ve seen the trailer even if I could understand only some words (Iā€™m studying German but Iā€™m still a beginner). Regarding the soundtrack, it is so relaxing and fascinating :heart: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sure dear! Everyone can contribute here :heart: Anyway, I love ā€œMelimā€! Both the song,the video and her voice are so beautiful :heart_eyes: Itā€™s fantastic the fact that I could understand something, even if only some words, because there are some term in Portoguese that are similiar to the Spanish ones (Iā€™ve never studied Spanish but Iā€™ve watched Spanish movies for years, initially with English subtitles and then without them, so now I can understand like the 90% of a Spanish video without subtitles :hugs:). Regarding ā€œCarinhosoā€ (even in this case, it reminds me to the Spanish word ā€œcariƱosoā€) the video is not working so I searched it on youtube. Well, I could understand something of the lyrics (I found the Portoguese lyric in the comments and I was able to understand something) and I think that this song is sweet and passionate at the same time. ā€œRevolutionā€ is really powerful and it would be amazing to understand what he is saying so if you want you can share here the translation ^-^ The same thing for ā€œVou deixarā€. ā€œContatinhoā€ makes me want to dance and gives so much energy and the last one is one of my favourite so far.
Than youuu dear for all these songs :heart: :heart:

1 Like

OMG I love these videos! The second one in particular made me laugh :joy: :joy: Itā€™s a pity that I canā€™t watch the third video you shared because it says that itā€™s not possible to watch this video in another site. Oh, and if you have other videos like the second it would be amazing! :laughing: :heart:

Click on the error and itā€™ll open on YouTube.

Also (Skip to 0:40):

Note: ā€œRoofingstonā€ = Sounds like ā€œSuck Itā€ in Greek

Bosse!!!

Donā€™t have the time to look at the English translation, I hope itā€™s a good one.
1 Like

OMG I remember those two love birds :wink: and the Felicita song, when it played in dancing places folks was singing ā€œFelicitaā€, comes likes 50 times, lol. I always admired Rominaā€™s long hair!!! There was a time when Italo pop was great and popular, many love songs like Ti Amo where everyone was dancing so ā€œcloseā€ :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, people have heard the term but not everyone knows where it comes from. :slight_smile:

My father said at first GĆ¼lşen and it seems like this must be her (she had short + blond hair but not in this video):

After few minutes I found a MV with her short hair:

@rose_shn - I do like her voice, but she seems too young ā€¦

Did we talk about her? I donā€™t recall it, so much happened in the past days - I just happen to stumble over her picture.

Oh, did you mean her? Sheā€™s more the traditional music singer so no wonder my father said at first GĆ¼lsen because sheā€™s more famous than other.

Wow, how amazing you can understand, yes itā€™s really similar despite some small rules!:face_with_hand_over_mouth::heart_eyes:Thank you you for alert about the second vĆ­deo, Iā€™ll search other, and you are right, the word have the same meaning, actually itā€™s the same :sweat_smile: I can consider you are fluently in portuguese rsrsrs , including that you able too interpret the song, also got it right!!!
I was find the some of the translations and edit! So glad did you liked! Anything can say! I loved your initiative!:heart:

1 Like

@dramalover_742 Once in a while there is an Italian song in the radio, like yesterday ā€¦ And everytime that happens I think about you. How are you doing?

3 Likes

I wanted to share a story:
Today I went out to our market, I was riding the public bus. At first, I thought I would miss the bus, since I had a red light the bus driver looked in my direction and I waved, he understood that I wanted to take the bus. These days not many people use the public transport so busses are sometimes a few minutes earlier. He stopped at the bus stop and waited until I crossed the street. In the bus there was only the driver and me. We were sitting at least 5 meters apart, he was listening to some music, and I thought I understood some words ā€¦ So I was asking if it was his own music, and he said: Yes. I asked further ā€œIs it Italian.ā€ He smiled brightly and after asking about the singer. He started talking about his parents who came to Germany in the last Century, but they are already dead now but listening to the music makes him feel as if his family would be around him. Itā€™s those moments in life I really appreciate, when people open up and talk, and we donā€™t have the chance that much in these days.
The name of the singer is Nino Dā€™Angelo ā€œthe Italian oneā€, since in Germany there is a well known singer named Nino de Angelo ā€¦
I had to look up a bit but found the song
@dramalover_742
Do you know it? It seems to be from the 80ā€™s or even the 70ā€™s ā€¦

and this one
5 Likes

That was a very nice bus driver! I havenā€™t been on the bus lately, but most bus drivers here wouldnā€™t have stopped.
I know the German singer, mostly from this song:

, I didnā€™t know he had an Italian namesake, but the songs sound somewhat familiar.
Your story also reminded me of another song:

1 Like

Hi dear :heart: Itā€™s really beautiful that you thought about me when you listened this Italian song :two_hearts: About the questionā€¦Iā€™ll be honest, yesterday I felt really sad. Itā€™s not because of the quarantine or something like this, because now Iā€™m getting used to this situation or at least Iā€™m trying. The fact is that the father of someone I know died because of the virus. I donā€™t want to talk about it, letā€™s say only that I cried even if in reality I didnā€™t know him. Anyway, now Iā€™m feeling better because I know that in this difficult moment Iā€™m lucky: my family and my friends are fine so I have to think about it. And you? How are you? What do you do during the quarantine? :rose:

1 Like

Wow, what a beautiful story! :heart_eyes::heart: Anyway, this is a neapolitan song and, even if I know the singer, Iā€™ve never listened to it :heart: Thanks for sharing dear, it was really overwhelming reading this message :kissing_heart:

I didnā€™t know there was someone called almost in the same way mirjam! :heart: But now we know it thanks to @lutra. Anyway, thanks for sharing :blush: Itā€™s so beautiful this connection between different countries and languages :rose:

1 Like

Itā€™s okay times are tough at the moment. I try to limit going outside, like grocery shopping, get medicine etc. down to 2-3 times a week. I am determined in keeping my mom safe. She is 77 and has at least 3 medical conditions that make her being a part of the so-called high risk group.
The only thing that tires me is everything takes longer now. Yesterday I was grocery shopping, so when I came back home I found my entering the house with cloves, taking of the shoes with the cloves. Taking of the cloves, then close the front door. Taking of the jacket by only touching it on the inside, putting it near the front door. Taking of the clothes I wore outside, wash up including thoroughly washing hands, and then taking the items I bought into the racks and again thoroughly washing hands. I realized that what I had done a few months ago in 5 minutes, because washing hands yes, but most of the other steps I didnā€™t, now I am almost at 30 minutes.
I enjoy cooking fresh meals but I did this before as well. Since my mom canā€™t eat everything I need to be creative with carrots, potatoes, pumpkin, that is what I get in every discounter these days. Yesterday I was lucky, I got fresh asparagus and parsnips. So today there will be a feast eating asparagus and steamed potatoes maybe or ham-pancakes.
I hope you will have a nice meal too today, stay healthy!

3 Likes

Youā€™re right, now everything takes longer. Anyway, during this quarantine Iā€™m cooking too! I mean, I learned to do things Iā€™ve never done beforeā€¦ For instance, I cooked every type of cake :cake: (apple pie, chocolate cake and lemon cake) and every saturday I prepare the pizza :pizza:(itā€™s like a sort of tradition, or rather a habit, to eat the pizza every saturday).Anyway, thanks for sharing all of this as always ^-^ I understand your concern for your mother, but donā€™t worry! Iā€™m sure that by being careful you will be fine :wink: :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Have a nice meal and stay health too dear!

3 Likes