Share something (songs,film...) on your language! đŸ„°

This reminded me of you - this song was on the radio this morning

and with English translation

3 Likes

Oh well, now it’s almost impossible to answer to all your messages :sweat_smile::heart:Thanks for all the songs you’re sharing!! I didn’t think this topic would be interesting for so many of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rose: Do you have some series done in your language to share too? They can be series on Netflix or whatever you want. I think that it could be interesting and it could help who is learning a language too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Love it so much! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
I’ll give you some other titles of songs that I love ^-^

This is another song of Nek (I love him so much):

Here there are an English, a Spanish, a German and a French translation ^-^

But you know who I really love? It’s a group called “Modà” and there I like all of their songs! I can’t share all of them, so here you are the one I’ve chosen.

This is a melanchonic song called “Se si potesse non morire” (in English “If you could not die”) and in the videoclip there are some clips of one of my favourite movie I’ve ever seen (it is called " Bianca come il latte, rossa come il sangue", translated in English “As white as milk, as red as blood”) . I have also read the book from which it is based and
I don’t know how I can describe it
 I’ll use three adjectives: poetic, magic and touching in a beautiful way. I’ll sum up the plot with a few sentences I found on internet but I hope some of you will see the film or read the book (it has been translated in so many languages).
" Leo is 16. He has wild hair and a habit of dividing life up into colors. Everything he can’t stand is white: school, teachers, silence, fear. Everything he loves is red: music on his iPod, his soccer team, the blood in his veins. And the color of Beatrice’s hair
 she’s the most beautiful girl at school and he watches her from a distance, in utter adoration. Leo’s dream is Beatrice. The girl who has leukemia. Do dreams die? Is love any stronger than death?"

Ok, now if you want you can see the video and listen to this song, beeing able to understand what it is about.

I’ve found also some clips of the film with English subtitles (unfortunately, if you want to see the entire film you have buy it or rent it on Youtube). If you are interested, you can see them ^-^

First of all,this is the trailer if you want to see it:
https://vimeo.com/78828981

These are the clips:

I hope you like the things I’ve shared ^-^ Let me know if you do :wink:
P.S. If you are interested in seeing some clips or videos like the ones I’ve shared with English subtitles, let me know :heartbeat: I’ll be happy to share with you some other beautiful videos :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I really like the dynamic in the song, gives it kind of rock flavor.
Nek somehow reminds me on Franco Nero.

I couldn’t listen to the other songs yet. My list gets longer and longer. If only I could take my computer with me into the kitchen these days.
Anyway thanks for the recommendations I think I will enjoy them.

1 Like

Let me know if you like the other song when you have time! ^-^

Just want to say hello to a fellow Puertorican :slight_smile: :puerto_rico:

@dramalover_742 This is such a fun idea! Really enjoying everyone’s contributions. Seeing so many Nek songs is reminding me of Laura Pausini and Eros Ramazzotti.

Mariliam

3 Likes

Thank youuu Mariliam :heart::heart: I love Eros Ramazzotti and Laura Pausini too, they are really talented :dizzy:

1 Like

i was just 6 at this time, but i am having this song always on my mind (like the ones from romina and albino)

=> sempre sempre

=> felicitia

Here I am! Now I am gonna post some turkish songs with more happy songs this time (if you like them pls share your thought’s):

Very modern + techno element’s (Bana ne = I don’t care) & the lycris unter the song box:

Many oriental instrument’s in this song (ÖpĂŒcem = I will kiss) & the liycris unter the video:

Last but not least TARKAN i bet everyone knows him lol his song Yolla (Send) is very well-known and was also a long earnworm at that time because it’s just a happy maker because it has many pop elements and a cheery rhythm:

I hope that you at least like one of them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@rose_shn GĂŒl means Rose and that’s unfortunatly all my Turkish. Maybe Abi - Brother? GĂŒlbeyaz - means white Rose, if I remember it correctly, once there was a drama with that name on Viki. I liked it.

Anyway, I remember in the Turkish music channel there was a female singer maybe back then 50-60 years old, that was about 5-8 years ago 
 She had short white or blond hair and an amazing full voice. My links however got lost and no chance to find her again without a name. Maybe you know her?

Oh! Right, I’ll share various styles.
First : MPB ( Brazilian Pop Music)
Vanessa da Mata

English subtitles

CĂ©u

Roberta SĂĄ

Anelis Assumpção

Rock :heart:

Ludov

Canto dos Malditos na Terra do Nunca

Pitty

LuxĂșria

Kita

That’s right that’s also my original name: GĂŒleser (GĂŒl = Rose, Eser = breath of wind), so every turkish name has a meaning.
Abi is correct and also GĂŒlbeyaz :slight_smile:

To your question: Do you mean Sibel Can (because shes really famous in Turkey with an age of 49 even tho she doesnt look like her age) because she has such a strong voice after so many years?

1 Like

No, unfortunately she is too young, from the age she would probably be around 55 + even more likely 60+. I know that she is pretty famous too and I remember the short hair because it’s not that common for female artists from Turkey to have a short hair cut.

In my mind I recall her in white clothes with the short white/blond/light gray hair in a b/w music video, that’s maybe someone older in your family might remember her.

1 Like

Then I need to ask my dad because he knows really every singer :grin:

Laura Pausini has a great voice! I Love her “It’s not Goodbye” which was soundtrack for the movie “Sweet November” (I cried so much during this movie)

And there is a Korean version of this song, for the drama “What’s up?” with Kim Ji Won and Oh Jung Seok, they have wonderful voices, too!

1 Like

Thanks for all these messages! As soon as I can I’ll listen to all these songs and I’ll tell you what I think about them :heart::heart::heart:

I want to share something that is almost 60 years old, the much loved movie series of Winnetou, an Apache hero and the “white” Old Shatterhand based on the books written by Karl May, a German who never visited the Southwest, nor any American Indian or better said American Natives.

The film production was an international project with actors from Europe and Old Shatterhand namely a “German” who went to the West himself is actually an American actor Lex Barker who married with a Swiss woman, his son lives around Geneva.

The hero Winnetou, the Chief of the Apache tribe was portrayed by the French Legionary Pierre Brice, who later lived in Germany and spoke German. Winnetou was the epitome of my dream husband. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: - I watched the first movie as a kid in a movie theater packed with only front rows available, I had an up close view of the battles on horses and shooting with bow and arrows. I was so impressed that I hoped once to ride a horse and shoot arrows and become an Indian woman like Nschochi, wearing outfits made of leather and beads and of course moccasins; I once purchased a beading tray and made a hair ribbon with beads.

Anyway, if you are more interested google Winnetou and you’ll find more about these fascinating stories that European baby boomers remember so fondly to this day!:heart_eyes:

Check out also the awesome soundtrack with some pics from the filming location in Croatia :wink: by the German composer Martin Böttcher.

2 Likes

Part of an old Greek TV Comedy. (Mostly in English)

And one more from a different show.

And one final one from a movie. (Turn on subtitles.)

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Brazilian, can I contribute with songs too?
First I would like to share this recently, it’s basically a love song, the band is called Melim.
Music “heard to say”

Translation

There’s another too, it’s more old, but it’s to important for us, the famous samba in their first compositions!
Music can translat to “affectionate”

Translation

This is an samba for the traditionals parades of carnival

Now some rock! Please, just remember that’s song is really culturally, those are important songs for Brazilian music, if you want translation or current, you can talk to me!
Band RPM
Music “revolution”

Translation

Other is Skank
Music “I’ll let”

Translation

Now an Bahian musica
LĂ©o Santana e Anitta

Translation

And more on, this time an backcountry music.

There are many others, but I can show later! And the most important thank you so much for this, I’m in love with know so many beautiful songs and cultures!

2 Likes

This movie is in english but it’s about a hostage situation that happened 1973 in Stockholm, Sweden and it’s where the term Stockholm Syndrome comes from :grinning:

4 Likes