[Solved] Reviews are not loading

Several people have said their reviews are not loading after going to great lengths to write regarding a re-watch or favorite show. I find I can’t include any actors’ name, or my reviews won’t allow submission. Does anyone know what the particulars are on reviews?

3 Likes

I experienced the same thing…I tried writing a review for The Last Wish, but it did not upload. I tried logging out and logging back in and refreshing the page, but to no avail.

1 Like

They must be ‘‘fixing/breaking’’ something in there bc it happened to me several times, and I couldn’t submit the reviews. I love the fact they are limiting to 40 words bc some ppl are so ridiculous and write the entire drama like if they professional writers describing the dramas strength and ‘‘flaws.’’

1 Like

I didn’t know they are limiting the review length. If so, then maybe the reviews not loading is a glitch, as you mentioned. Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Did they send out a notification that reviews are being limited to 40 words? I just re-read the reviews policy and that isn’t updated since January 29, 2018 : https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000175408-Reviews-Policy

Some people thought their review was rejected due to four stars and others thought Viki was overloaded and couldn’t save submissions to reviews.

I just posted a review for The Best of You in My Mind, and it loaded although it’s more than 40 words.

1 Like

I have seen several comments from people saying that they are trying to review dramas but can’t and they end up writing their review with the rating in the comment section.

1 Like

Viki’s help section is available for them to ask why their review didn’t load. Once I asked Viki and the staff person replying was nasty and unprofessional so I don’t ask about reviews anymore. Though they did change some staff recently, and everyone else has been super helpful :))

1 Like

@worthyromance

Sadly, this site tends to have some volunteers that lack education and they can be nasty and plain rude; for I experienced that, too. You know that you can report them even if they are ‘‘the staff personnel.’’ I would’ve come here to discussion state the name of the person, and copy/paste their response. They need to be stopped bc no one needs to go through that awful experience. If they can’t handle that kind of work they need to move on, and let an educated, nice person ‘‘replace’’ him/her. It’s unacceptable that we ask a question, and they literally ‘‘attack us.’’

I have to watch my blood pressure and stress level so I decided to let it go at that time. Currently, I think we need to know the situation with reviews, because it’s unsettling for people to write reviews which take time and thought, only to have them fail to load. Some followers have written to me about reviews, but no one knows the exact situation. I’d like to give them an accurate answer.

2 Likes

@worthyromance

I don’t know if this has any info on the review issue. But they report ‘‘bugs’’ or issues here at viki site. Go to link below. Good luck!

https://twitter.com/VikiStatus
VikiStatus Experiencing issues on http://Viki.com or any of our apps? Find updates to major issues here or contact us directly on http://bit.ly/VikiHelp

I just checked it all the way back to 2019 and nothing about reviews not loading. Thanks anyway.

I know you had a bad experience but hopefully you won’t experience that again. wanna try?

contact us directly on http://bit.ly/VikiHelp

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

I contacted Viki Help Center regarding reviews not loading. The standard reply came back that they will get to the many help requests in time.

Meanwhile, this is what I noticed:

1. If I watch two movies in a day, Viki will accept the first review, but not a second review on the same day.
  2. If I use the name of the actor or actress, even the first review will fail in submission.
  3. If I try to update my review after a drama finishes airing, my update will not be allowed at the end, but sometimes at the beginning, of the review.
  4. Someone said in the comments section that a four star review failed to load. I never give four stars, as I feel it disrespects all their hard work, but I did load an eight star review, and it loaded. Thus I doubt it’s the star rating.

Has anyone else noticed any weird things about reviews lately, that we can keep in mind when writing reviews?

1 Like

I just heard back from the Help Center:
Hi worthyromance​,
Thank you for being patient with us! We’re sorry for the issue with the Reviews feature on Viki.
Our engineers have been notified and are currently working to fix this issue soonest.
Meanwhile, I will leave this ticket request on-hold and check in once any updates have been made available.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

So Viki is working on this issue :smile:

1 Like

I just updated my Viki app. My review is now a small screenshot so it’s obvious to me that long reviews will not be conducive to the new system. I tried loading a review for a new movie. It said “Error” so I kept cutting the review down by a sentence at a time. The submission area finally accepted the review at five small sentences.

1 Like

Another reviewer messaged me that errors of rejection occur not only in how much you are trying to submit (not friendly to long reviews) but certain characters like apostrophes, dashes, parentheses are causing rejection.

I tried loading a review for a new show I finished, but no matter how much I whittled down the number of words and sentences, it kept saying error. Finally, I realized that I had used an apostrophe in the phrase male’s perspective. As soon as I reworded it with the apostrophe deleted, it loaded immediately. I was even able to add to reviews several days old, as long as there was not an apostrophe anywhere in the review. I don’t normally use dashes or parentheses in reviews, only in volunteer editing.

3 Likes

Anything new on this?

Very same thing happens to me. However, I have seen other very recent reviews that are sentences long. I have no idea what’s happening. I guess I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Other reviewers get around this by loading their review a few sentences at a time. It is too tedious for me so I’m writing only short reviews now.

Honestly, I don’t know if it’s a reviews glitch or the way reviews will always continue to be. I haven’t heard a conclusion from Viki Help so I believe the issue is still open.

1 Like