Speeding up shows

I don’t have to worry about that I trained myself to read fast. English isn’t my mother tongue but i can still watch drama with higher speed and catch everything.

Maybe I should just stop watching dramas, there are no new ideas anymore. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. I suppose it’s when they may have a commercial break in the countries of origin. It’s also annoying with translating, haha.

3 Likes

@mirjam_465

Oh, I didn’t know that. It would be nice if it could be edited when they show the movie/drama in other countries. Sadly, I stopped watching those bc of that; I just can’t deal with that.

2 Likes

I totally understand what you mean, and they annoy me as well, also i appreciate the time you took to count them.

But actually that isn’t what bother me the most. Is the mistakes.
When legend of the blue see came out, my friend wanted to watch the 1st episode together and in the first 10 min i found a thousand mistake. It just unbearable to me.

2 Likes

Are you talking about mistakes in the subtitles? Or in the show itself? :thinking:

1 Like

The show itself. like the actress holding something in one hand and next scene in other. Actor being socking wet in a scene and dry in the next. such small details that just drives me nuts.

2 Likes

Can you mention the mistakes you saw in the drama?

I have to admit that I didn’t pay too much attention on that one, and I did a whole lot of skipping (like the sight of those rotted teeth revolted my stomach).
:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting: So I did skipped so many scenes in the first episode.

@msdreamy
PS The mistakes you mentioned are very common in K drama bc they are getting very sloppy lately. They are taking for granted quality filming just bc FAMOUS Lee Min Ho was ML. I personally don’t like his acting but I love the actress bc she’s so funny and weird at times (I find her weirdly funny).

2 Likes

finally

you are the 1st person in the world that agrees with me on this point.
Lee min hoo was good before he was famous. his drama personal taste is amazing. Everything else is between average and baaaaad.
The actress is also AMAZING and i love her and i also only watched it for her.

I think they just went with any director as they paid a lot for the leading couple.

Anyway, if you are okay watching old dramas, a 2013 IU drama called you are the best is amazing in every aspect. I might go and see it again. I was shocked if how good of an actress she is.

The 2 i mentioned are from ep 1 of legend of blue see, nothing else comes to mind now as i haven’t watched anything in normal speed since years.

2 Likes

That is one feature I want the most with Viki’s streaming system. It would be really useful when trying to finding a particular scene in a show with anything from 16~30+ episodes and you want to do some fact checking or maybe take a screen shot for Discussions. It’s painful having to practically “re-watch” a whole show just to relocate a particular scene using the drag the time line in approx 5 minute intervals. :confounded:

6 Likes

I agree with you about Lee Min Ho’s over-ratedness but I hated Personal taste and enjoyed only LOTBS :joy: Didn’t bother to watch the rest of his shows because his character is usually the same rich jerk anyway

As for me and fast-forwarding, I never do that because it feels unnatural and I like immersing myself in a drama. I hardly stick with shows I have to force myself to watch. The skip-forward button is my best friend, but if I find myself having to skip through whole episodes I usually drop the drama or watch the last episode and get it done with. But I’m more lenient with cdramas since they like taking a WHOLE LOT of time, so I just skip away until I reach an interesting part.
I find a plotline that I know is going to be boring and skip it every time the characters come on screen :joy:

3 Likes

I can see how slowing down playback speed might be useful in terms of helping to read subtitles in situations where the subtitle line changes before you’ve had adequate chance to read the subtitle line.

However, I can’t really see what the point speeding up playback would be in fact speeding up playback just sounds very bizarre to me

So I suppose it would be nice if viki introduced this function on both their website and apps

6 Likes

you have to give it another try. It was the only drama where he actually acted and wasn’t just some rich jerk

I totally agree, i started watching a show on Viki and realized that it is 70+ ep. I really want to know the end but the story line keep changing so much that skipping to the last ep is not possible.

3 Likes

I remember hating everyone, not just him :sweat_smile: except the girl’s friend or something… I tried my hardest to forget the entire thing. I still can’t watch anything that SML is in.
I guess it’s a matter of taste :grimacing:

1 Like

Same here. Slowing the playing speed is just as unimaginable to me as speeding it to you. :woozy_face:

I have been told multiple times to slow down when speaking, so i guess my normal is faster than people.

5 Likes

I have stated why I would rather stop watching a drama, when I realize that I am skipping or starting to skip.
Watching something faster would indeed to me only make sense like @ninjas_with_onions said, when looking for a certain scene.
However, I am a person who wants to feel the mood of a drama to watch it while speeding it would totally ruin it for me. I want to analyze the story, the acting, I want to take in the scenery … That would all feel hasted to me and totally go against my enjoyment, it would resemble the execution of a to-do-list.
Then again I prefer slow food to fast food too.

4 Likes

I finally found it 50 episodes of 1 hour but it does look good. Thanks!

2 Likes

enjoy and let me know your thoughts. Hope it is as good as I remember.

3 Likes

I should have attached the link.

3 Likes

I was about to ask you for the link. Thanks and i hope others watch it, too. I don’t like all of IU dramas/movies but i know this one I like so far. I loved her in [Hotel Luna] and [MISTER] but she made several short dramas that the role wasn’t meant for her. She’s the most humble, simple, and sweetest human being. Her voice is GOLDEN, and her acting is getting so good I know she’s going places. I just hope she picks her roles better from now on.

3 Likes

I think she just loves a challenge. Her 1st role in Dream High was good. But her acting kept on improving so much. She was amazing in the drama i recommended. Her character in mister was played so well that it absolutely shocked me. Hotel luna was also so powerful. She is amazing, she poetries strong women so beautifully.

I love jang keun-suk but i really didn’t like IU with him, her role was weak for me. Other dramas she have been in are not as strong. But lately she have been choosing better projects.

I wanted to rewatch the show but it isn’t available in my area. I will check other websites.

2 Likes