Spring-a-thon 2024 Community Update!

Exactly. We already have this. It would be the same for subathone. If you don’t want you can just hide yourself and that’s it.
The way people are acting feels like we want them to show their bank account number or something. We just want to know where we are on the like and how many subs we need to achieve what we want.

2 Likes

I’m here for the badges. LoL

3 Likes

Many years ago the viki leaderboard was much more informative for recruiting subtitlers because for each month there was a listing of the top twenty or so in each language.

5 Likes

All we would need is a private personal contribution counter and public community counter :wink:

10 Likes

Just now, you’ve said it all. :+1:
When we want to achieve something, we must have ourselves in check in order to see how far we are from our goal, where others are is not important for our success at all.
This is not a sports competition.

I second that, just as I mentioned above. This would be the best solution :ok_hand:

5 Likes

exactly ;D

1 Like

Exactly, i dont feel like this list would be doing anything than the other list arent already doing.
And really, this list wont do any harm to anyone, we all know how many subs/segs we do, its listed on our profile and in the leaderboard. So it isnt a national treasure. Or some top secret list.
I know some people would feel some irritation about putting their contribution down on a list besides all others, but should it be kept that secret as Brenda says, just because its subathon. Arent we already talking about our presentations out loud? :sweat_smile:
And if the list should be kept private, then they could
Just make some type of typeform and give the access to those who really wants to know. On a typeform you have to write your profilename (in some typeforms) and from that, we can get our achievement numbers.

2 Likes

The number is literally on the badge. What having a list would change in therms of privacy? If the problem is really about the others feelings, the regular counter should be put down too since is giving more food for fight and accusations than any list for the subathone would. You can see the posts here on discussion about people accusing other volunteers just because they are in the top. And many more about how come people x has number x of contributions on their profile and I have much less? Poor me, so unfair. The listing is not the problem, people with childish thinking is the problem.

1 Like

Under this paragraph, it’s Brenda’s reply for you about something they decided quite awhile ago, so are you calling them, professionals, childish?

Just because you do not get what you want you think you can start being disrespectful towards them or towards anyone?

If anyone here thinks that it was also because of me or the ones who think like me that they did not published the list, thank you a lot! I didn’t know we were so important ^^

By the way you said:

I’d say: Poor of us who can’t democratic and openly express our thoughts without being insulted, calling us and Viki staff “childish”.

I’m going to stop here. I’m here for the fun, for reuniting with my friends and finding worthy new ones, too. Not for anything else.

People:
Be well, happy and blessed!
Happy weekend! :sunflower:

See you around!^^

1 Like

Did I say I was talking about staff or any of the people in this thread? Your comprehension and interpretation of sentences have much room for improvement.

I think you should talk to cerejacult privately. This thread is about the Spring-a-thon 2024 and not a debate :wink:.

1 Like

Yeah, so how many places is that now? 3? And they hold this one list private because of privacy? That doesn’t make sense, not at all. But yes, if they hold this private because of their agreement on “Holding it private because of privacy”, then they should do it with the other lists too, since those lists are more frustration than this ‘games’ numbers for people.

Yeah, i’ve seen them, and that’s why i stay silent, nothing will come out discussing with people who’s acting childish and arrogant.

2 Likes

We reached the 2nd level. Congrats to everyone! Fighting!!

14 Likes

Awesome work, everyone!

I was playing around with numbers a bit:

• Our Mon-Thur average daily community count is 146.800 contributions :partying_face:
  • Expectedly, we are more productive on weekends, with Sat-Sun average at 172.000 contributions.
  • With this pace we are likely to reach the next goal (1.5 M) on Sunday.
15 Likes

But we have to take into account, that it is the Easter weekend. Some have more stuff planned due to it.

5 Likes

yeah, i would like to encourage everyone to take a break on the weekend & of course the Easter holiday

(in another word, slow down and let me reach my goal :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

i’m kidding, Happy Easter everyone :slight_smile:

17 Likes

With counters and additional time frame, e.g. level 1 3 days for a badge, even when the Community was faster so people could collect badges in every level.

And also better explanation how the badges change because that wasnt clear to everyone as well.

(Some thought everyone who’s joining will get the regular badges depending on the individual lines 250 etc plus the 100 badge in addition as default.)

7 Likes

From this example I see that communication is indeed an art form. And that it’s almost impossible to explain something, which is a bit more complicated, to everyone and completely.

I do remember going deeper into the game rules with many people here on Discussions. I think my predictions on time per level were decent. Perhaps it could have made it easier for some to understand what will happen and how to get their desired bagdes.

From the game setup it was quite obvious that the more aggressive the players are, the shorter will be the time to collect the Level 1 badges. And it was also obvious that pure segmenters are going to bear the brunt of it.

This is perfectly strange to me. There was no mention of guaranteed badges - one had to earn all of them.

The only badges which don’t have thresholds are the Top100 badges, which are going to be distributed based on the total number of contributions - 50 for subbers/editors, 50 for segmenters.

5 Likes

It was not obvious, though, that we wouldn’t even be notified when a level was reached. And of course all players are “agressive,” as you call it, if they all are trying to keep up with everybody else. The way this “game” is set up makes them “agressive” by default. Anyone who for whatever reason (varying from being a segmenter to having a life outside Viki) can’t be this “agressive” will forever remain an outsider with little to no badges.
And in the end, what do the viewers gain from all this? Or from subathons in general for that matter? If we could all just focus on our actual tasks instead of constantly seeking for ways to get more contributions in less time, then things would actually get done in a proper, satisfying way.

8 Likes