Spring-a-thon 2024 Community Update!

One could only get 1 + top 100 badges during regular Subathons so especially this one that was created to let people collect different badges should have clear communication and process.

3 Likes

How would you have improved the communication and process?

1 Like

Of all the subathons I was in, the weekly one was the best and most fun to be in, in my opinion. We got a badge for being active, no pressure for individual numbers to be achieved, we got to talk and cheered each other to be active to get them, we shared which badge we wanted and it felt light and fun.
The normal way, we didn’t know how the top 100 would go, but we had some control to plan what badge we wanted to get.
The spring one is honestly very confusing. We don’t know when things happen and what will be the badge (they look different from the original pic) and the math is not matching the math of the people who actually are counting numbers day by day. About the privacy, are we not seeing the same thing on the leaderboard? Why is this different?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m really happy about the subathon and I’ll always give my best in every each of them. I love the badges. I just feel that is confusing and it could be better to actually see how many you did and in which place you are in the subathon. Give people a glimpse to incentivize them to do more to achieve the badge and numbers to get that badge.

7 Likes

Hi @juliasreise - you have a keen eye! Since we have 4 levels for Spring-a-thon, we wanted each level to be distinguishable and the higher levels slightly fancier than the lower ones. So you will see slight tweaks as Blobby gets more “fashionable” as the levels progress. Thanks for asking!

7 Likes

In a few hours, we will reach Level 2.

4 Likes

Honestly it’s very confusing to me, i wish if there was a timer to check & see where are the community at the moment or at least a daily update with time.
i mean, you said the contribution number as of March 27, 2024 but at what time?
maybe we reached the goal by now, i usually take a screenshot b4 i start the challenge & set a goal but with this one, i’ve no idea what’s going on or where am i :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well, it’s a new challenge so not bad to try a new thing, i guess :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I’m assuming the same time the springathon started - midnight UTC

We almost certainly have!

The next goal (1.5 M) we are likely to reach at the end of Saturday / beginning of Sunday UTC time.

3 Likes

@brendas , if the community reaches 3 M contributions by the end of the spring-a-thon, can we have a special participation “3 M” badge for everyone who contributed with at least one contribution AND didn’t get a single badge?

7 Likes

I like that idea but do you mean that everyone that got a badge won’t get that special badge? why can’t everyone who participated get it?

1 Like

makes sense but i still wish for a daily update with the number.

2 Likes

Mary, you are representing me right now LOL!
I don’t have a clue about what is going on and I even tried to figure this out when everything was about to start, but then emerged many points, many complaints, many everything and I got in the middle of black and blue (windows LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl: ).

I’m just living and contributing, you know? I bet many of us is doing so. LOL.

2 Likes

Because they would already have at least one badge, if not even whole 5 badges. It would be a reward for those who put in the effort, but didn’t meet the standards set for the event.

4 Likes

just living and contributing LOL, yeah, exactly.
I even keep looking at the time & say to myself, i can’t be here on this page for so long, maybe they reached the next goal while i’m here reading comments :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I feel like i’m racing time while competing with everyone else & converting to UTC in my head, that’s too much lol

2 Likes

I agree but i just want the special badge as well :cry: :cry: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahahaha! There are many here who looove these badges so (maybe even too) much.

6 Likes

You do know, we have a list like that already in here?
Leaderboard i thinks its called. What would a list do more than that particular list?
And sorry, i know this will sound mean and all, but i dont want to put myself in others shoes, because that wouldnt do anything in here anyway, if i did. I get that, some people from certain languages communities are annoyed/sad about this matter. But we all have some situations we arent too crazy about. And thats that. A list wouldnt do much to change that fact. It would only help us to get a better look at how this whole ‘fun’ badge game is designed and how we can ensure we make the best out of it.
And if a list wouldnt work, then they should at least give us some updates in a timely manner. Thats all.

2 Likes

@dimghro

Blockquote It would have been much better to get each badge, like a milestone, and not randomly.

I feel the same as you but at least you did earn a Level 1 badge. Because of timing I couldn’t contribute during Level 1’s accumulation so I have missed out on any badge in Level 1 forever. I am pretty sure I hit the 1 K level in the past few days during Level 2’s accumulation. I am wondering if I do nothing more, will I get a Level 3 badge?

7 Likes

Yes, you will. Still the 1,000 badge.

1 Like

maybe i missed that but what’ll happen if the community reached the final goal b4 April 8?? will we able to still contribute till the end time & get badges?

1 Like

Yes, I know and it only shows top 50.
One thing is a top 50 list for trying to motivate our community to do more and better and another entirely different thing would be to show how 4000+ people are doing because it would have more detailed info.

Believe me, if only for privacy sake, I’d be against it.
Viki is very professional and knows it better. It’s the corporate way to handle things. I have experience in HR so I know very well about best practices regarding teams firsthand. Believe me: you may dislike it but they are doing great.

Besides do not forget:
Brenda already showed her good will by being at the disposal of anyone who wants further feedback by sending a private message to those who require it with detailed info regarding themselves - as it should be.

Do you feel wronged or as in dense fog?
Send a message and ask about your own info.

2 Likes