Am I the only one who didn’t love Squid Game?
Even though it’s way too brutal for my taste, I chugged along and marathoned the entire drama to find out what happens in the end and to find out the reason behind the game. Each episode was intriguing enough and kept my interest, but the last episode was a let down for me.
While we do find out who wins (which was pretty obvious from the beginning), and there is a huge twist at the end regarding who is behind the game, it still leaves a lot of holes and doesn’t fully explain a lot of things.
Here are some. (Contains spoilers.)
- There are only 4 VIPs. So even if the the old man is mega rich, how do they fund multi-millions dollars of prize money and pay salary for all the staff members year after year? And even tracking all these players lives could cost them a lot of money too!
- Why/how did the cop’s brother become the Front Man? If he had won the game in 2015, he should’ve been rich and living his life well. But looking at the cop’s life, his family isn’t that well off.
- Why did the Front man shoot/kill his brother, when he loves his brother? (Evidenced in having given his own kidney to save his younger brother before.)
- Who are all the other workers the game? How did they become workers there?
In addition to unanswered questions, there are a lot of things that are not believable.
- I can’t believe Gi-hun is the ONLY person who tries to do what’s right and sees good in humanity in all those years they’ve been playing the game.
- And how can the workers be so cold and indifferent toward all the violence and killings? They also knew that they could easily be killed off, too.
- If the game has been going on for years, there must’ve been so many missing people, and how come no one has figured out anything about this? I know that when Gi-hun first went to the police after he got out of the game, he was treated like a crazy person. But if hundreds of people said the same thing year after year, then the police and others who has heard the story must have taken a notice. I mean the young cop saw the connection between his missing older brother and the game, so there should’ve been many more who should have found out.
Well, I guess they are setting up for Season 2. I’m honestly not sure if I’m going to watch the 2nd season.
I’d also like to hear from those who did like this drama, and want to know why you liked it so much.