Stop holding the moderator posts on team discussions

Hello misswillow, I was not talking about the ‘timed comments’ from viewers (which are annoying to me. I turn those off). I was talking about the Team Discussion link inside the subtitle/segment timer window.

When we try to write things such as:
The subtitle box will not let me type anything in it” Or,
Can a TE please look at Episode 7, part 1 at 7:05 and give me a better translation?” Or,
CS, for EP 23, please delete the segments with the < delete > subs in them @ 16:08, 24:10, 33:15, 33:45, 36:17 Thank you.”
When we write informative things to other members of our team in Team Discussion the Disquis Censor puts them on hold and deletes them. It is very time-consuming to try to figure out which word caused the censor to kick in.
Known words that trigger the censor are: subs, subtitle, translate, translation
There are a large number of benign but unknown words that trigger the censor to kick in. It forces us to rewrite our messages to the team. I have rewritten team messages up to 4 times to try and figure out which harmless word triggered the censor. Many people do not have the time to fuss with it so they leave and hope the censor ‘approved’ their message.
Screenshot%202022-09-06%20172041
Screenshot%202022-09-06%20172136

2 Likes

So annoying when a perfectly fine comment goes “in moderation”. Sometimes I PM a staffer to get it fixed but sometimes it takes, days, weeks or the post I made will be lost forever.

I know Viki made a filter to get rid of people promoting things on Viki they shouldn’t promote but it is working against the volunteers at times too.

2 Likes

It’s time for Viki to build their own team discussion instead of relying on a 3rd party that does more harm than good.

4 Likes

It was like that in the good old days, but back then, volunteers could clean that up too at the time, “shitstorms” and what not, were at times ugly, still, I liked it better in some way, but back then we also didn’t need to create google sheets since we could do that in Viki, and those sheets were pinned to your profile, which was very convenient.

6 Likes