Subathon 2020 - C/T dramas only

I would need to find it, for being able to read it …

Or you mean about the summer vacation time?

In the end it all comes down to one’s personal circumstances, true most contributors are able to enjoy summer vacations, since most of them are younger people.

Je ne pense pas que si tu cherches une oreille attentive sur ce forum, tu trouveras. La plupart du temps, on parle pour parler de soi ou de ce qu’on sait, mais pas trop pour écouter les autres.
Les seuls qui ont vraiment le pouvoir de changer quelque chose pour ce subathon ou les badges, c’est Viki.

C’est dommage que la conversation soit bloquée, mais bon, ça t’évite de perdre ton temps.

Bon courage pour ce drama !

Pas l’air de lire avant de répondre ou alors en diagonale à ce que j’ai pu voir, bonjour le respect !
Chelou comme forum !

Oui ! Vivement que ce drama soit terminé !

Allez, courage ! Surtout en ce moment !

Tu me fais penser que moi aussi, je devrais arrêter. Récemment, je pense à changer beaucoup de choses dans ma vie, comme un grand nettoyage. Alors peut-être que c’est le moment de changer cette habitude que j’ai prise.

Petit moment de réflexion tout bête pour moi mais pas anodin ! Comme quoi, toutes les rencontres ne sont pas si insignifiantes.

Bonne continuation sur Viki ou autre !!! Prends bien soin de toi !

Ik denk dat ik ook maar gewoon Nederlands ga praten hier …

3 Likes

Danke @mirjam_465 war auch mein Gedanke, so kann man eine Diskussion und eine Community auch mal wieder ins Abseits führen, natürlich mit den altbekannten Stammspielern…

1 Like

@piranna

Do me a favour and stop sabotaging again, thank you.

There’s nothing to sabotage and you can continue with the topic. I was telling him or her fighting because it was what he or she seemed to need to calm things down.

When people talk in German or other languages between themselves in a middle of the conversation, I don’t tell them anything.

It’s for everyone to participate and I don’t speak often in French with someone.

You can speak German with Lutra or Simi or Netty.

I have no one, except Irmar I can speak French with on this forum.

So be a little more kind with your words.

We have couple of people who are able to read and understand multiple languages plus no problem to use Google or another software to get the main content of someone’s post.

Yes, others rarely write a line in their mother tongue too, but usually just a quick reply, not again mean things about others, VIKI, the users of this forum in general.

Do you think just because you write in French we don’t get the meaning?

1 Like

I have no problem using Google either and I understand that everyone can use Google too.

Mean things about whom? Is there something mean in what I say?

I told him Viki was the only one who could do something about subathon or badges.
As for listening to what he told… I didn’t read everything as some of us too. So why telling otherwise? I told him and from there, he’s free to continue or stop.
As for what I have been doing and some of us do, we talk about our experiences or ourselves on this forum, because this is what we know about. We can’t always meet a partner to listen or someone who can understand or identify with our own exp.
I mostly talk about myself, it’s true.
Is it not the case for everyone?

I think he just wanted some encouragement or someone who tells him things clearly, as I’ve already talked to him before. Why not if it can calm things down?

What others told him, I have nothing to say about that. I didn’t read every post and didn’t react about what have been said, I have a vague idea.

It’s fine, I’m trying to complete this drama despite the subathon. There’s one more subber who came so we could subtitle one episode.

I don’t think there was sabotaging from someone because I don’t come often on this forum or write, I don’t know anyone and piranna helped me when I first began.

I don’t know this forum well or piranna well, but I don’t think people who answered me tried to sabotage your discussion.

1 Like

Sorry for butting in, but you said that is s/he expects on this forum someone who will listen, it will be in vain, and people talk about themselves.

It is possible that some people do this, but there are many, many, who are very attentive to others and try to be helpful in everyway. I know of a lot of people who are like this, and some of them are in this discussion itself.
I think your generalization was thoughtless, and I can fully understand that sonmachina -and everyone who took part in the discussion with adreamer- may have felt offended by your words. You wanted to give comfort to adreamer and calm down the conversation which was becoming too aggressive. I get that, your intention was laudable! But you didn’t need to go as far as adding derogatory things about other people. To comfort one person, you made another person feel bad. You spoke generally about the forum (which is careless enough, because you put everyone in the same basket which is not fair), but since this observation was triggered by the altercation between two people on this particular thread, it was of course aimed at sonmachina in particular, as well.
That’s what I felt by reading it, even before reading sonmachina’s reply. To quench a fire, you started off another.

Yes, I sometimes skip messages in a thread that doesn’t interest me that much. We all do, I suppose. But not if it’s a conversation in which I take active part, a dialogue with someone.

Generally speaking…
Sometimes people don’t understand others’ intentions, and there is miscommunication. There’s no need to always ascribe it to lack of effort or lack of goodwill. When it happens, it is because each one of us comes from a different background (here at Viki also from different countries and cultures) and carrying a different baggage. Thus, even for people who share language, culture etc., the same word may mean slightly different things because it triggers memories and experiences from one’s life, which are different for each person. Even more so when it’s only writing, without being able to see the expression of the face or hear the tone of voice, which colours the words and gives them additional shades of meaning.
Recognizing that such a “communication gap” may easily happen, will make us more tolerant of others and less ready to get fired up. Also more careful before judging a situation and passing judgement.

8 Likes

This is terrible how this thread ended up here… I hope it will end soon, it even gives me a headache.
Everyone is free to participate or not why insisting who’s right or not, whether a badge is important to someone or not. You are FREE to do what you like, to sub or not, be happy or grouchy, keep it to yourself.
I just say what New Hampshire license plate says: Live Free Or Die (that’s what General Stark called out).
There are other things in life to worry, don’t sweat the small stuff :wink: be kind and smell the roses :rose: Peace to all :pray:

9 Likes

Absolutely! Thanks for the reminder, dear @simi11

What’s happening here? Why does discussion after discussion have to turn hostile and mean, and even with personal attacks? (Viki) Volunteers are better than that, surely?

The subathon, or even contributing on Viki, the participation (or not) is all based on free will, based on each individual’s honor system (of knowledge and skills), available time, intensity of enthusiasm, among other possible reasons.

Life is short and precious. Make it worthy of it having you/us in it.
CR: Internet

Enjoy a drama or volunteer on! :v:image

8 Likes

I was wondering how many people here actually participated in the subathon? Just curious :slight_smile:
I skipped this one, but I usually work in Chinese and Taiwanese dramas.

I do feel that my generalization was careless, but
I also felt that adreamer’s posts were not read carefully (not by everyone) on this topic.
That it happened also before (more or less), yeah.

Do we have to take a generalization for oneself?
We do make generalizations, people will feel we talk about them. But I was not going to put names, but pronouns.
I don’t target this message to people or someone or want to make people feel guilty.

If he wants an answer, he has to contact Viki.
There’s no use talking or repeating the same thing to people who can’t create subathon or badges or who won’t read carefully, he will feel it and get angry on the contrary instead of being grateful.

As for who made this topic… it could have been mine or someone’s else… the author is not the problem and I barely have more contact with people I know it won’t end well, except if they @me.

It is strange that you think I’m like that, that it has something to do with 1 person specifically, because I am not really going to look for people I stopped talking with. You normally know that.
Why would I seek them when I’m the one who decided to talk with them?

As for being hurt, it doesn’t have to be with words.
Not listening, accusing of sabotaging, assuming that it was because of the author.

Hello, I have better things to do than running after someone I don’t get well with and whose PM are not friendly at all.

Maybe follow your own requirements you put on others for once and handle private things privately. Calming down is not what you’ve done.

The discussion that I’d call a misunderstanding between two people was already over because both realized that won’t lead to a productive result. There was no need for you to jump in, playing White Knight again and starting your own private conversation in French in a international community wide thread including your more than a year old disrespect towards this community in general.

When VIKI and this community is so horrible and without any value (for you) why are you sticking to it?

PS:

We have a saying: Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus. (It means that your own thoughts and behaviour creates a certain result; similar to self-fulfilling prophecy).

https://www.redensarten-index.de/suche.php?suchbegriff=~~Wie%20man%20in%20den%20Wald%20hineinruft,%20so%20schallt%20es%20heraus&suchspalte[]=rart_ou

So you’re complaining I’m not friendly to you. Fine. You do remember that you’re the one threatening me from the moment I joined this community when I didn’t know you at all and you didn’t know me at all? You do remember that you send me a message telling me, I am NOT allowed to post my personal opinion in this forum, right?

And you really dare to blame me for being ‘not kind’? You do realize that your behaviour towards me is heavy online bullying?

Worst part is that you’re using others as excuse for your bully behaviour. Of course you’re not a bully you’re doing everything for the greater goal. Hypocritical, that was the first adjective you used when you ‘warned’ me of this community. Would you call this a fair behaviour towards the community?

Me! This time I will try hard to get the 5000 (subber) badge! The reason is that I had no time for the 1k or 5k badge (my bachelor was in the works at the time) and therefore I only got 500 subs in winter last year. But now I finished my bachelor and have soooo much time and now I will try to get the 5k, if possible (normally I make 5k subs in a month so this is really a challenge for me) :grimacing:
Current count: 2.800+ subs

6 Likes

Me too. And it’s my very first one. :hatching_chick:

4 Likes

파이팅 (Hwaiting)! I will cheer you on ^^ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes