Super Choosy With Your Dramas - Are You A Choosy Chick (or Dude) & WHY?

Hilarious! I have just started a mydramalist - and it shows you how many hours you have spent watching Kdrama!

3 Likes

I started like a month ago and I was :scream: OMG this is way too much! hahaha but I just keep going. :joy:

1 Like

Oh girl! I have watched in upwards of 70. And have some on hold probably like 15 with varies stages of episodes - if your looking for something in particular - ask us - we have so many to recommend.

I am @kdrama2020ali because this all started July 4th 2020

1 Like

No, I mean that I started in My drama list a month ago. I have watched upwards 200.
I already stole some titles from another posts from you hahaha.

1 Like

Tag you WIN

1 Like

I have a friend with 2000 or something like that. She was the one who introduce me to dramaland hahaha

1 Like

LOL When one addict lures another poor soul ā€¦ :wink:

I donā€™t know any longer how many Asian dramas I watched in the past 12 years now. I stopped counting. I tried making a list at MDL, but confronted with the time invested I gave up. Maybe I am at the same level as your friend, who knows. I watch way too much and then not enough. :smiley:

4 Likes

hahaha yes, you probably are!
Itā€™s because I started in 2018, it was kind of easy to remember and make my list, and now I just have to update it and I enjoy making it soā€¦ hahaha

2 Likes

I invest so much time on my collections in VIKI - I get kinda obsessed! I enjoy it so much! I want everyone to love the dramas I love.

4 Likes

4 Likes

where do you find that count? Iā€™ve also newly opened a mydramalist account :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

viki Lost Romance

@vivi_1485 Lost Romance is BACK ON - Eps 11 reviewing a little bit before I move forward!

Marcus Chang is so boyfriend material!

Iā€™m at the wedding and she is waking up in the real world - here we go!

2 Likes

I made one two days ago, and I finished everything pretty quickly because I had been keeping a list of my own, on a Word document. Show title, year, number of episodes, synopsis and my take on it or my review if I had written one.
So it was easy just to copy-paste the titles and then add them.
The Word document didnā€™t give me any stats or a way to count the total numbers, though.
So I was really shocked when I learned that from late 2015 to this day I have spent the equivalent of one full year of my life (16-hour day, leaving 8 hours for sleeping, going to the toilet, feeding the cat and grabbing a snack for myself to eat in front of the screen) watching dramas.
See?
image_2021-05-27_100300

5 Likes

WOW :scream: thatā€™s a LOT! Iā€™m still a baby fangirl, but I was pretty suprised to know that I had spent almost a hundred 12-hour days watching kdrama in only one and a half years :flushed:

4 Likes

I am not that ā€œorganizedā€ in this and in the beginning, I often watched at YT and stored the link. Unfortunately sometimes I didnā€™t have the right title, some translated literally, I watched a bunch of Japanese stuff I had nothing to verify with later, much later I found pages listing dramas in categories, year, country, actors ā€¦

You are brave for looking the facts into the eye on how much time you spend, looking at your ā€œdiscussion summeryā€ and mine to compare I discovered I almost spent a month of reading here in discussions.
I still have a list pretty much accurate based on my memory, but only containing J-K-TW-dramas, not to mention Thai-lakorns.
Maybe I should copy that list in a Word document, but at the moment discussions is already a luxury as well as keeping up in watching dramas.

Will see, if I ever try again making a MDL or if I bail out.
I donā€™t even know, if I will still be able to access that one.

Well 293 shows, I remember vaguely that I was around 260 shows after 4-5 years, very vaguely though.

3 Likes

This is counting the 18 I dropped, the 13 on hold (letā€™s see whether I will complete them) and the 6 watching now.
The completed ones are 254 and movies 88 so yes, close to your experience.

Still. If I had dedicated hafl of that time to studying Korean, Iā€™d be an expert right now. But hey, watching dramas is more fun than studying lists of verbs and adjectives.

4 Likes

Okay, I guess I canā€™t escape the ā€œcuriosity killed the catā€ effect. I know it will take a while, a good while ā€¦
I am starting with the most incomplete show list I got the Lakorns, J- and TW-dramas and so on. Actually I did try to add the Koreans, but itā€™s taking so long since I watched so many, in the middle of the letter A, decided to just go with the short list first to have fewer tabs open.

I am now at 36 dramas/lakorn, and itā€™s already a month of my time ā€¦
Oh gosh, I feel like eating some unhealthy stuff, thank goodness my ā€œtreasure boxā€ is empty now. I need to go grocery shopping later, I canā€™t say what will be in my basket later for ā€œguilt compensatingā€. I always think of drama watching as guilty pleasure.

4 Likes

When I was a newbie 17-18 years ago, Lovers in Paris was my very first KDrama. I watched the dubbed version in my local language. As I go along with my KDrama life, my very first criteria is FAST PACED meaning I will not fall asleep or even close my eyes for 10 secs :sweat_smile:

I love watching action-thriller, crime dramas, wise life series like Hospital Playlist, historical as long as itā€™s rom-com but not too much. Tear-jerker not that muchā€¦

I normally checked ratings or sometimes reviews in dramabeans, koalaplayground, mydramalist etc etc

This updated list helped me a lot in choosing my next drama to binge-watched (only if the drama is completed) Highest-Rated Korean dramas (cable) of All time [UPDATED] (kdramapal.com)

Some of my ā€œfaveā€ dramas are:

1. Secret Garden
  2. Signal
  3. Hospital Playlist
  4. Voice S1
  5. Mr. Sunshine
  6. Her Private Life
  7. The Guest
  8. While You Were Sleeping

Take note: Picking up my fave dramas doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m rewatching :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really enjoy mydramalist hehe, Iā€™ll share mine:

3 Likes

I used to have an excel sheet, Iā€™m kind of OCD haha. Thatā€™s probably the reason that I enjoy mydramalist.

3 Likes