Super Choosy With Your Dramas - Are You A Choosy Chick (or Dude) & WHY?

Haha I started a MDL a few months ago too. I’m sure I didn’t put in all the dramas I watched and I’m lacking a lot of movies.

174 d 16 h 1 m

ALL TIME

1,237 episodes, 183 shows

1 d 6 h 51 m

ALL TIME

15 movies

:thinking::thinking::thinking: I seem to be watching longer episodes :laughing:

1 Like

Statistics

40 d 11 h 55 m

ALL TIME

1,075 episodes, 69 shows

18 h 25 m

ALL TIME

9 movies

I have more movies I just have to remember what they are
I’m a baby compared to you guys I started July 4, 2020
Once my holds are finished I’ll be up there in episodes - I have to stop doing Squirrel.

They should have a breakout for BL - cuz that is a whole other genre

@feyfayer
@natyh
@ahjumemshie_883
@lutra
@irmar

Any of you guys wanna be friends on MDL send me a request!!
kdrama2020ali_luvs2jh

3 Likes

Haha, I think I will do the same as for movies my data is … more than incomplete. I’m wondering if I should open a thread “Guess how much time I spent watching Asian dramas of all kind”. My guess it might be more than a year, actually … And to think that re-watching isn’t even counted …

3 Likes

I already sent you a request.

1 Like

hahaha Ikr? :rofl:

1 Like

I only use MDL for making lists and having stats, I am not planning to use it to chat with people etc. Otherwise it will be a platform too many to check and take chunks of my time.
With you and the others I can chat here. It will be confusing to have different conversations in two different places.

3 Likes

Yep me neither much just like to see what people are doing by looking at their list
Chatting here is easier

2 Likes

When I chose a drama I check the reviews and ratings on MDL beforehand. I used to only pick drama’s with at least an average rating of 8, but that doesn’t have to mean I will like the drama too. Now I check what is written in the 2 reviews with the most upvotes and if they both give the drama an overall 8 or higher I’ll watch the drama, even if the entire overall rating for the show is less than 8. I think this way my expectation of it being a good drama is more realistic, because sometimes although the overall rating for a drama was 8 or higher, the top reviews only gave it a 6, for example. And if many people agree with those top reviews, there is a big chance the drama will turn out disappointing.
When I like a drama, I’ll add it to my following page

5 Likes

hmmm that’s a good idea…I’ll check Viki reviews along with MDL for the dramas I choose to watch next!

Exactly! My time comes up to about 50 whole days but I’ve watched all my favorite series multiple times so I’m scared to think of how much I’ve actually watched in just over a year :flushed:

2 Likes

sent request :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL I just started - so I am a mdl baby, you can find me with the Viki ID I guess, it is still not at a point to look at, so give me some time …

You can look at my Viki profile I made 3 collections visible just this week.

3 Likes

Just sent you a friend request…and I DEFINITELY don’t believe you’ve watched only 92 days worth of shows :joy:

3 Likes

Neither do I, I changed my mind about going by the lists I got. So I just use mdl to go through dramas randomly - I just click on them now - as currently watching, since for some Lakorn, I need to make a closer look, if it’s really what I watched. I am thankful too to find some Japanese stuff, I never gotten the title - anyway it will take some time … I fear I might end up with 1.5 or 2 years of watching dramas.

3 Likes

Sometimes I also check the Viki reviews, but often it takes too much time to filter out the fake reviews. I learned that a 9 here means an 8 at MDL and an 8 here basically means the show is not good.

4 Likes

Can you give me a link. - I think I’m dense I find it hard to find profiles on VIKI off my profile. Then I can follow you over there also

1 Like

One thing I find with Movies and with K-drama - I like things with bad reviews sometimes! Sometimes the story touches me that doesn’t others! But your right sometimes the show is just bad. Like DOCTORS I don’t know what I was thinking I can’t even get through that show and believe it or not I am not a fan of some of the MOST popular shows!

3 Likes

You just need to have your profile and exchange your ID name with mine, that’s all.
https://www.viki.com/users/lutra/collections

1 Like

I found you and following! I find it hard to search for people on the main profiles though. Maybe I’m missing something

Under Social on the Profile they should have a search option

2 Likes

LOL my MDL list is growing so far I have added as complete dramas 429 dramas and a few movies, okay 154, … What did I do the past 12 years?

About 344 days, almost a year already haha and this is without sleeping. Oh, my!

But on my old list of C-TW-HK stuff, the very last drama wasn’t at MDL, so I just found out it was a Singapore/China project not to be added at MDL …

So now, there should be only Korean ones left …

4 Likes