Taiwanese Drama Recommendations!

Bullfighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMc8BhFTXBM

Fondant Garden

There is no bad boy here, but the story is well structured

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEjQb0YRAyA

i don’t know whether my recommendations going to be a Taiwanese or Chinese , i don’t really pay attention since the language almost the same , but with the plot you are talking about , i recommend to u , le jun kai , loving never forgetting and summer’s desire … it’s a new level of bad ass boys …

1 Like

Autumn Concerto is probably THE BEST TAIWANESE DRAMA I’VE WATCHED

2 Likes

Love In Time (Danson Tang…vampire romance), Murphy’s Law of Romance, Fabulous 30 (really long series but has good kissing scenes with Danson Tang and his girlfriend), Refresh Man, The Way We Were

2 Likes

I recommend 2 new Taiwanese dramas: The Perfect Match and The Masked Lover.

1 Like

I second these two, esp. The Masked Lover. Just ohhh-soo-good!:heart_eyes:

https://vimeo.com/224451683

2 Likes

Thank for posting this video. I really love this song :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Fell in love with Van Ness Wu when I watched 2001 Meteor Garden. The only thing I did not like about Autumn’s Concerto is the music. It was too loud. Often, the piano was louder than the dialogue! But that did not stop me from just finishing my 2nd “watch!”

Oh, also fell in love with Jerry Yan. Oh, to be young again!

1 Like

The drama Lost Romance has been fun. It’d probably be best classified as romance (the name probably gave that away, though), with a big dash of modern fantasy. There’s no monsters or anything like that, but the whole plot device that the drama moves on qualifies as either fantastical or supernatural.

And not that long ago I finished up Some Day or One Day, which blew me away with just how excellent it was. It, too, qualifies as modern fantasy romance. But in tone it’s more serious than Lost Romance, and quite a bit darker, too.

Both are highly recommendable Taiwanese dramas.

1 Like

I tried but didn’t make it past ep 1, I guess I am just too tired while watching and I think you need some concentration to get into the story.
LOL ist it Lost Romance I always read Last Romance - Freud sends his regards, as we in Germany would say. It has much fantasy and is dark … I guess I need to shift it into my other collection …

3 Likes

Some Day or One Day starts off very, very slow, though it picks up around Episode 03. Stick with it - you won’t regret it!

Not sure if you’re looking for recommendations, but if you’re looking for feel-good, romance dramas with pointless fluff, I’d suggest Jasper Liu dramas (Pleasantly Surprised, When I See You Again) and Aaron Yan dramas (Refresh Man, Just You). Attention, Love! which is by the same director as Some Day or One Day is also a really good cute romance drama!

Let me know if you need more recommendations! I love Taiwanese dramas, though I haven’t been keeping up with them recently, so my recommendations might be a little old.

2 Likes

This. It’s one of those shows that takes a little while to get going, but has a really satisfying payoff.

2 Likes

I avoid the fluffy stuff, my favorite Taiwan dramas are so far Office Girls, In a Good Way, Yong-jiu Grocery Store, … If you can recommend something alike I am all in.

I usually watch either the fluffy dramas, or the nitty and gritty dramas, so I’m not sure if I have what you are looking for but I’ll try -

If you like Office Girls, you might also enjoy Marry Me, or Not?, starring the same leads. The drama also mainly revolves around the workplace. I haven’t gotten around to In a Good Way and Yong-jiu Grocery Store, but perhaps you could check Love & π out? The leads also travelled to Taipei after years of growing up in the countryside.

Not available, but I find it interesting that somehow for Taiwan dramas the trailers can be watched on the new pages. Would have tried that one, don’t know about Love and Pi put it on my list to check.
Unfortunately it’s no longer possible to follow or add a channel to a collection if it’s not licensed in one’s region.

Guilty pleasure for sure are Autumn Concerto, My Queen, Fated to Love You, Drunken to Love You. @soyamilkbeancurdpudd sorry added another sentence.

3 Likes

In case anyone missed it, we can very soon (today-ish) enjoy a new Taiwanese drama:

And as for recommendations, I’d say:

And of course all seasons of HIStory. :slight_smile: (click on HI for season 1, St for 2, o for 3a and ry for 3b)

3 Likes

No worries about that added sentence! :smile:

Your guilty pleasures are mine too, so here are a few more recommendations: In Time With You (the pace of the story is rather slow for some people, but I enjoyed it a lot) and Before We Get Married (I’ve heard this drama isn’t for everyone because of its themes, but I stayed through it for the leads’ chemistry. The plot isn’t that bad in my opinion either).

Here are two dramas that isn’t on Viki that I would also recommend. They are rather old though (and thus, may be outdated): Prince Turns to Frog and Corner With Love (don’t watch this if you’d rather not have anything to do with Show Luo and/or Alien Huang though).

Not sure if you’d enjoy a youth drama (high school / college), but I’d recommend Attention, Love! too.

2 Likes

Wanted to watch but only the Japanese version is available for me. I didn’t try that one yet I have it on a list.

I watched it too, an okay plus. I don’t remember having issues with the topic.

There you see that I am “awefully” long in the Asian drama zone, I watched them it’s so long ago.

Well, for this one not available - so out for now, no need to read the description.

1 Like

Such a pity that so many Taiwanese dramas are not available in your region. Viki’s Taiwanese drama collection is already rather short to begin with… :cry:

In that case, you probably already know of all of the “classics”! You and I are probably in the same boat then. I haven’t been watching many Taiwanese dramas lately - C-dramas caught my attention. :sweat_smile: The top Taiwanese drama for me recently is, hands down, Some Day or One Day.

One last recommendation - The Perfect Match, only because there’s Chris Wu. The plot’s alright, but it was a better-than-average drama for me.