Terrible Pick-Up Lines to Cheer Everybody Up (ft. Flirty Dramaland guys because why not)

minho%20and%20choco
Minnie and I love to take Choco out for a walk at 2am - hmmmmmm
maybe we will take some skittles with us next time… :kissing_closed_eyes:
bahahahahaha!
I couldn’t resist!
:laughing:
"I’m not a photographer, but I can picture us together."

6 Likes

Your lyrics are quite original and creative, this was one of the first songs I learnt on the guitar:
The House of Rising Sun; I didn’t really know much English when I was a Teenie :rofl:

How awkward must this one feel :confused::confounded:
(Megan Fox)

3 Likes

@simi11 is neck and neck on the leaderboard (scratch that, the cheese-board) with @kdrama2020ali for wretched yet effective conversation starters of a certain kind.

WAIT, WAIT, I’VE GOT IT!!!

"Excuse me, miss, does your left eye hurt? Cause both of them are KILLING me!"

And the ahjumma from the great State of Texas nails it again!!!

(Giphy)

8 Likes

gfycat

Gifer

I seriously think some of these might WORK!

8 Likes

Not only in person but also online there are bad pick up lines… lol

5 Likes

So fortunate you don’t hear bad spelling. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?

I think this one can apply to all those scenes where the male lead dazzles the female lead with his smile.

11 Likes

I hate pickles so this works for me

8 Likes

Me too, so that works perfectly.

3 Likes

So Funny! Same!

Tenor

6 Likes

I love your smile.:heart_eyes: It reminds me the smile of the person whom I want to marry someday.

10 Likes

Oh my, this is a GOOD one :joy::joy::joy:

I remember someone tried this with a little twist: "Do you have a map? Because I got lost in your eyes"
The guy answered: “I threw away the map; stay lost forever” :joy::joy:

9 Likes

Can you touch my hand? I want to tell my friends I’ve been touched by an angel :angel:

Did It Hurt When You Fell From Heaven? :star2:

Did You Fall From Heaven - Because You Look Like An Angel? :angel:

I might actually say these to him…

4 Likes

It’s handy that I have my library card because I’m totally checking you out.

9 Likes

Ahem - Ring -
That just went in “Just Junho”
Just Saying -
:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

Go ahead, feel my shirt. It’s made of boyfriend material!
@my_happy_place

7 Likes

@simi11, it’s very funny, yet it’s not. It’s what in English is called “black humor” or "gallows humor.

I know a great, warm, love-their-blended-family-to-pieces couple at my church. They met through Match dot com (I think). Just the sweetest couple. Millennials at the upper end of the generation: He’s 38; she’s 34.

She’s a nurse; he studied cello in college but is a licensed pipe-fitter and usually has enough work to support his three kids and her two kids.

They “talked” about books and music and sports and beer and coffee and ice cream. She supported him with kind words throughout his ex-wife’s attempts to suggest that he was abusing his children, and SHE should have sole custody.

Dating has to do with age, culture, responsibilities.

No genuine relationship of any kind is going to be perfect, and there are always going to be challenges and differences and disappointments and moments of regret and mistrust.

I am all for people seeking a true and lasting soulmate however it works for them, but in the real world, I am someone who has always done very badly with online dating.

Men of MY generation in MY culture who are still bachelors–not widowed or divorced but STILL bachelors–are generally very bitter about being rejected decade after decade, very unrealistic in their expectations, and super, super, super picky about their “ideal” woman.

Their photos are whatever they can find in a drawer full of junk, and their clothes are whatever they can find in a pile of washed but unfolded laundry. They are often overweight, and the expressions on their faces are rarely smiling. Their personal statements are full of an unstated challenge, “I dare you to reject me; who are YOU to reject ME?”

I have had caring, and happily married, male friends bark at me, “You need to try harder and use more sites.”

If I sign up for EVERY site that has the possibility of hiding even ONE kind, gentle, hopeful, intelligent man who shares my spirituality, and I “give it a try” for a year, it would bankrupt me. That’s one thing.

For another thing, nothing has changed in the FIFTEEN years I’ve made attempts to “connect” using online dating services.

The still-unmarried Baby Boomer male anger and bitterness–with causes that I cannot begin to guess at–is still as strong as it ever was. Which I find sad, since it means that Christian churches are thinking the way men think–if nobody is making unhappy noises, then everything must be good.

Men can think however they think and deal with issues however they choose, whatever their age or desire for marriage may be.

But I find it incredibly sad that there are TONS of American Baby Boomer “singletons” out there still yearning for a soulmate . . . and nobody has cared enough to grab hold of them firmly and say, “Hey, dude, you have a good desire, but a bad way of expressing it; let me be your wingman and your mentor, and we’ll find you somebody in due time.”

And my own church certainly, despite its declaration that is it pro-marriage all the way, has never invested in my search for a life partner the way it has invested in the “marriage searches” of people who have grown up in the church.

Once a friend of my generation introduced me to her niece’s “leftover,” a very kind but inarticulate and overweight man who harbored a secret longing for my friend’s niece who kept saying, “Oh, we’re just friends.”

What a mess. At the time, I was 60, he was 45, and the niece was 30. At the time I was in love with a guy who had not yet made a “move,” but when he did, he dumped me after a year and got married without telling anyone.

The point is that, at this point in my life, unless someone from the Heavenly Realm literally drops someone of my age and culture unexpectedly in my lap with a label pasted on his forehead . . .

Nobody I know is going to anything other than think of me and offer prayers. And that’s a precious gift, but that’s not enough.

My pastor said once, “Sometimes you have to be the answer to your own prayers.”

I don’t want to be the answer to my own prayers. I want the Universe to help me out.

Because I’m tired of the equivalent of “I threw away the map; stay lost forever.”

8 Likes

You could actually be a match maker, you can see a lot in a person, so it seems. On the other hand are you perhaps also picky and yes, everyone should experience love and close friendship.

As a divorcee and mom of three I have lived and witnessed all kind of family/couple life, a nasty divorce with aftermaths. I have friends who used the match. com dating site and raved about it, and one even got married and has the happy ever after life. It depends a lot what you are looking in a partnership, what are your expectations, desires and whether you two click.

At your age, like mine the perspective also changes as with age we think differently. There are also many crazy people out there so it becomes a trust issue, no one really knows the other, they might appear good and end up bad.

I think with covid we had a limited social life/activity where you could actually meet people. When you try to be socially active, go to meetup groups of your interest and perhaps you’ll find that “needle in the haystack”, it could happen that you’ll meet your match unexpectedly.:heart_eyes: - I’m not sure the church is the ideal place, unless that’s something you prefer.

3 Likes

Have You Ever Been Arrested? It Must Be Illegal To Look That Good. :police_car:

Pinterest
Baby, If We Come To Some Agreement You’d Be The Fine Print.
junho%20bathtub
Tumblr
I’ve Lost That Loving Feeling, Will You Help Me Find It Again?

3 Likes
Summary

I have no desire to be a match maker.

Being observant about others’ characteristics makes me a good writer and graphic designer, but true matchmaking, done from the heart and not for profit, requires a practical nature, a calm disposition, and the ability to discern from available information how willing two potential life partners are to recognize:

Feelings are perceptions of reality and not reality itself.

Spuses are sometimes angry about things that have nothing to do with their marriage (but still use their partner as a voodoo doll to try and get revenge on someone who is long gone or long dead).

Spouses have unreasonable fears left over from unresolved life issues, and those fears are sometimes buried so deep that the spouses don’t know how to find them and deal with them.

It is almost impossible for one person to give another person emotional gifts that the first person has never received–unless both people admit that reality and mutually seek help in learning as adults what they never learned as children.

My church environment is theoretically an ideal place for men and women who desire marriage to find a potential life partner. AND the level of expectations for thoughtful behavior, no whining, and the practice of mutual appreciation and support is very strong.

However, married friends, divorced friends, widowed friends, single friends, and even strangers seem unable to read me as part of “the club.”

Yesterday, as people at my church were “mixing and meeting,” I introduced myself to a charming woman visitor who had a German family name. I mentioned that I was German on my father’s side.

The woman asked what my family name was. When I told her, she said, “Oh, so your husband’s name is Scottish.”

“No,” I said, “that’s my father’s name. His mother was German-American. I’m not married yet; I’m still looking, ha ha.”

Immediately, the woman’s face went blank, and her eyes went to a member of my church standing nearby whom she apparently knew well. She hailed him and asked how he was doing, how his kids were doing, and said she hadn’t seen him since his wife’s funeral.

I was shocked at how fast I seemed to disappear from her consciousness.

Now, there could have been many reasons for her behavior. Perhaps I encountered a very shy woman who didn’t know how to rectify her mistake and so SHE was actually the one who “disappeared” from the conversation.

Or I encountered someone with a genuine social phobia–fear of crowds, fear of open spaces. Or she had some sort of hearing disorder. Or she had trouble speaking clearly under stress. I don’t know.

But despite EVERYONE knowing about my desire to be married, and despite EVERYONE knowing about my abortive attempt to have a a romantic relationship that ended with the guy getting married without telling me . . .

And despite my own pastor’s initial approval and support of the abortive relationship . . .

Nobody seems willing to actively assist me in finding a life partner.

I do have a dear friend, a widow for about five years now, who has agreed with me to pray together that marriage-minded adults we know (OF ANY AGE) will be sustained and encouraged as they wait for the life partner destined for them. And she has also said that we should pray that others like us would have the courage to admit their good and God-given desire and join us in praying.

Not everyone wants to be married.

Some people have children to love and hug and fill their “love tank.” Some people have fulfilling jobs that give their life abundant meaning and purpose and leave no room or desire for marriage.

Some people have some kind of religious calling to chaste, celibate living, and some people have serious health issues or family members with serious health issues that they believe they should devote themselves to dealing with because they think (erroneously from my point of view) that they are not good enough for marriage, or that nobody would want them and their “burden” or some other thing like that.

All adult people who are sexually mature face different emotional and social and spiritual struggles. They should all be supported in trying to live day to day with a sense of dignity and worth.

But as for me, having been through the struggles I have been through, I think that I will not EVER again engage in any kind of open “dating with an eye to mating” relationship in my church.

If a man is introduced to me by caring and supportive friends FIRST, if he gets to know me FIRST without pressure, if he FIRST spends time carefully assessing whether or not I am someone who would improve his life and be a helpful and kind companion; if he FIRST tells me he would like someone like me in his life as his wife; if he FIRST asks me if I would consent to become his wife and gives me an engagement ring as a sign of his commitment to ME . . .

THEN and only then will I consider dating openly in my church.

Both sets of grandparents in my family did it that way.

Among friends I know who are not American and not European in background, whether their roots are Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Moslem, Hindu, Sufi, Bahai (spelling), Taoist, Shinto, animist, agnostic, or even atheist . . . they all do a better job of helping their friends find life partners, supporting them, encouraging them, mentoring them, celebrating them.

I don’t know what’s wrong with the picture I keep seeing, and I have no right to demand of God/the Universe anything regarding love and marriage (as if I were some kind of cosmic hot shot and the Universe should drop everything when I call).

But I can’t lie and tell the Universe it doesn’t matter.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Just to keep things light here . . .

4 Likes

@kdrama2020ali shared this in another thread. I thought it deserved to be here, so she told me to share it.
Hey, Are You A Wifi Hotspot? Because I Feel A Connection.

12 Likes