The good doctor

I literally meant a sex show, meaning, a show where sex becomes extremely important and constant. I also would like to see him having a love life at some point. Plus korean shows have no sex scenes and they are awesome :blush:

I would like some hint that people are having sex. I am not asking that they show the details of the act, this would be unnecessary. Some Korean dramas actually do have reference to sex.

• in Coffee prince, he pins her to the door saying “Are you sure? Because now I won’t let you go back home” and then takes her to bed.
  • in Personal Preference she visits him when he is sick in bed and he drags her near him and starts showing that sickness is nothing, when there’s a will there’s a way.
  • in Mischievous kiss -Love in Tokyo at the end of the honeymoon he carries her to bed and is positioned over her with his torso naked.
  • in Suspicious Partner, they move towards the bed and then they show them the next morning with their shoulders uncovered
  • in Emergency Couple, the ex-husband and ex-wife are both drunk and they wake up the next morning with all the clothes scattered around the bed. They look at their body under the blankets and when they realized what happened they start screaming in a most ridiculous way as if they had just seen a cockroach. (That was sooo irritating, especially considering that those two people had been married for a whole year before their divorce).
  • In “Tomorrow With You” the couple is shown to start having sex a bit before marriage and then when they are married, they are shown to go towards the bed and wake up contentedly side by side the next morning.
  • In “Another Oh Hye Young” there is the understanding that the couple has sex too.
  • In “The Package”, they have sex just a few days after meeting. They would have done it when stranded, but there is a misunderstanding about the condom. But they later do have it at a more comfortable place.

So I’m not asking that actors and actresses enact the physical act and be embarrassed. I just need to be given the understanding that they are about to have sex and then the understanding that they just had it. If during the act the director chooses to show a fireplace or outside the window, it’s perfectly ok for me.
I just need it to make the relationship more realistic. Most of the time the characters are 28-35 and they are supposed to be virgins, and when they become a couple, they just exchange more or less chaste kisses?

So yes, I would have liked it in “Good Doctor” too, especially because he’s autistic and it’s even more important that he is able to have a normal life in all respects.

Yes, that’s reference. In Oh My Venus, it was even more clear that they wanted to have sex. In Itazura na kiss they showed just the beginning, which was even MORE considering that it is a Japanese show (also Taiwanese, yes). As I said, I wasn’t referring exclusively to Shaun, but to the general American custom to put sex where it is unnecessary, just as a filler. Do you get me? I wouldn’t mind a sort of explicit sex scene with Shaun. At all. What is more, it would be GREAT. Not just referential sex, but explicit. But it wouldn’t be good to make it a sex show, meaning, sex as a filler, where it is unnecessary, right?

ok y’all I didn’t mean for any arguments here, a filler sounds just about right. but look all I am saying why do they have to throw the sex scenes in at the time when it isn’t necessary, sure I know sex is the thing now, but why do they have to throw them in bed .

I may be the old fashioned type, but I’d like to know the guy before I jump into bed with him, sheesh I didnt mean for banging sex, I was just curious is all for throwing sex in there when isn’t need it at that time? so sorry I offended anyone here. I got what you meant, being able to function?? ok, but do the scene at the right time and place.

1 Like

Exactly, at the right time and not just for the sake of making a sex scene :smiley:

thank you rochis86

Nothing in a show should be put if it’s unnecessary. That includes Subway advertisements, scenes shot abroad just for the sake of showing that they have paid lots of money for production, shower scenes, pool scenes and sex scenes.
Unnecessary stuff which doesn’t belong to the story like the above I mentioned makes me cringe.
And in all the examples I mentioned, they don’t “jump into bed with the first person they meet”, but it’s a conclusion after they have known each other for quite a while and fallen deeply in love. So

Yes, true, but your examples were korean shows, and this is an american show. American shows mmm tend to make sex fillers. I’m going to be really extreme here, but Game of Thrones? During the first three? seasons, sex was pretty much everywhere, even though it provided no content whatsoever to the show per se. That’s what I mean by sex as a filler.

Yes, and my opinion still stands. Whatever doesn’t belong to the story, advance the story or make us better understand characters and their relationships - being sex or any other thing - don’t put it!

1 Like

both of you are so hit the nail, agree with you both, now why a shower scene(korean) if showing a guy taking a shower why not the girl???
and so on. ok nuff of this

episode 6 was a flat tear jerker, nope not gonna tell, that would be a spoiler. tear jerker , yep I said it again. oh and bty, if you can get Hulu, you can watch it
 nothing is a show shoukd be put in if unnecessary, yeah the subway signs I did figure out that any company that advrtises in the dramas, pay some of the costs. Mcdonalds is one, that coffee shop I think theres about 3 that I remember. I know, there are more but thats just a few I can remember.y’all have a great day!!

2 Likes

Regarding the first, I think they are very careful with their female starts in Korea. Really different from American and British shows, where women are shown completely naked, whereas men are not. That is something that alters my nerves a lot, but, well, just have to put up with it (yeah, GOT has really too many of those scenes where women are shown completely naked, head to toe for, what? just the sake of showing a naked woman, no reason at all; thank god they stopped doing it).

Regarding the second, this show is gonna make me cry my ass off, I just know it. Ads are a must because it pays the costs, as you said, but it isn’t as bothersome as sex scenes LOL referring to sex scenes as fillers, as I have said before.

I really hope they keep doing a good job with this show, cause I loved the Korean version, and I love Freddie Highmore, and so far, I am more than pleased with his interpretation of the character. I can see he must have really studied autism and autism-related behavior to come up with this character.

Have a great day as well :smiley:

1 Like

and his studying that part, he is doing an awesome job! and the other guy, the Korean one, studying his part too! these guys have done a great job is all I can say! talking about awards, they both deserve them!!

2 Likes

Dod you see the last episode?? Not yerstederay’s but last week epsisode. Omg!!

yesterday we haven’t got an episode, I don’t know why.
As per episode 6 it was awesome except the part they cover their intern mistake. Claire’s mistake. I would prefer it if they would punish her somehow. Even though we can’t say for sure she may be the reason the other girl had a brain death that doesn’t mean she hasn’t any responsibility.

I discovered a moment ago that there was no episode yesterday :sob: and I totally agree with you. Either save the girl or leave that part out, but covering mala praxis is way too wrong. And yet it is so difficult, cause she was doing it in the most extreme conditions. But she should have told the wife herself and be responsible for what happened. Even if it was totally unintentional.

I also discovered no episode, as for what rochis86, when there is an emergency, you do what you know,

note #1 biggie, CPR, so you break some ribs, so you didn’t put your hands exactly right, you still administer CPR, um was there a doctor around, she was one right, she did what she could,

and some people don’t know how hard it is to put that tube in the right place, she could have fed it to her stomach. I guess I am defending her, if she didn’t do anything, that would have been worse,

like CPR, good samaritan act, I took a course in EMT and what these people go through is shocking, the rudeness, cruelty, trying to save a life and lose it? trama sets in, they get depressed,

so I want to see what happens to her later, oh alcoholic is another symptom as well

you lose a life under your hands is a trauma you don’t get over easily. at least she did do something. yes she could lose her license over it if brought out. punishment? maybe, yes some of these drs. do need some kind of punishment? revoke licenses? send them to prison for murder, no matter if they were trying to save a life? aww, sorry the electric chair!! and all joking aside, I do agree some form of punishment is needed, but what? I won’t go any further

wonder how come no episode this week?

Yes, I understand your point of view. However, she isn’t a first-year resident who doesn’t know anything at all. She has a lot of experience and for me, she should make sure the intubation was made properly no matter the conditions. and by the way, the conditions weren’t so dire. There wasn’t an earthquake or typhoon or bombarding at the scene and they had flashlights as well. Moreover, I didn’t mean for her to lose her license, or something like that but to totally cover it seem simply too wrong in my opinion.

I agree with mahoula on this one. I know being a doctor is difficult. Being on an emergency makes it even harder. I don’t mean license revoked, but yes, the chance to be responsible and tell the family herself that the patient had died. Just that, that the patient had died. The rest, you can cover up, but this was, ugh, so extremely covered up, like, too much.

1 Like

thanks for nice responses!. and both of you are right she still should have known how to intubate and that was a car accident which she wasn’t discovered with the other victums, so it was kind of more of an emergency to get her to breathe, if they waited for her to get to the hospital, would she have been saved or not? that is the question. But again you both are right in this one.and yes the coverups need to be stopped.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s a show and all, but it reflects certain aspects of our reality. If we had been on that situation, for real, would we have said, poor girl, just let it go? I as a family member would have wanted to hear an apology, just that. As we said, it was really extreme, she even was the one who actually found out that someone was missing, so the mistake goes way back, from the rescuers. Anyway, I’m so looking forward to a new ep, I love this show :heart_eyes:

1 Like