The highlight of your day

Congratulations to her! Hope she enjoys her job :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I made a new friend!

4 Likes

I almost feel like celebrating - since insomnia put a spell on me, I finally managed to sleep at night and 7.5 hours without waking up in the middle. Finally!

On the next “construction site”, I could eat well this week still not at old portion’s size and amount but even here another finally!!! The weight loss stopped, and I got 2 kg back, so I am slowly starting to get confident.

Number 3 I am working on is my physical condition, that will be even more to work on. Well, since I am making progress with sleep and weight, I have hope this will be better too.

Patience, I always thought I was the patient type, but I guess that was only because I always had the goal in the visual range, so it was never tested like this.

4 Likes

I didn’t think I would write another comment so soon in this topic.
And I can’t tell you why I get excited every time I get to hear the cranes when they head south. They just flew over my home, I couldn’t see them but, if you ever heard them once you will know what they sound like, so there is no doubt, I think they are a little later than usual, but I’m not sure about that.

3 Likes

Our family watched the annual sandhill crane migration in southeastern Arizona. We saw thousands. To see them flying in formation and hear them was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

4 Likes

@my_happy_place congratulations!! :+1::+1:

Dear all!
Last year was rough on me and so were the first 2 weeks of this year, when I not only fell down around six steps of my stairs at home (first highlight no bones broken, no major damage only some bruises between shoulder and neck, not even one scratch). Just one week after I fell down a second time, spare me the details on that, anyway from there on it was kind of a wake-up call or like a déjà vu since I had a similar experience with my mom last year. My health and condition was just like a rollercoaster, it went up and down all the time it was really frustrating to motivate me again and again, when every 3-4 days it felt like: reset, reset, reset, … I just didn’t want to fall a third time, so I was more thorough on what to eat and do some exercises.
So last Saturday I had to clean up the pedestrian way around my house we had quite some snow up to 10 cm (no major storm or blizzard) and I managed it, with two breaks to warm me up in between. In the afternoon, I was walking to a grocery shop that is a bit further from my home, and I was able to walk the same distance home all together 2.5 km. It finally feels like I am gaining strength again, for a whole week I was able to do a bit more every day and my health not for once made a reversal to what I kind of was used to the past months. I really hope from here on my health will be stable and that my condition all in all will increase.

Thank you to all who reached out to me in the past months, for exchanging thoughts, experiences and even recipes. I am so thankful of having you all and appreciate your kindness.
May all of you have some good times as well, wishing all of you a good health and people around you, who care.
See you around!

7 Likes

so good to hear!! keep in touch

1 Like

Insomnia came around again this week, good thing I still get enough sleep, but maybe not in the night, that’s what I would prefer.
But some huge thing for me was that being awake for 30 hours … suddenly I realized my pain was gone from my shoulder and through my arm. I kept my arms in motion every few minutes as I was in disbelieve, just from one day to the next all gone.
I am not complaining here, so happy, maybe exercising will be easier now, since I need muscles again.
Nice Sunday everyone and a fresh start to a new week.

2 Likes

Just some minutes ago I saw a beautiful rainbow, it was huge and bright, even though the sky was covered with dark clouds, it was so nice to look at.
Now those dark clouds are gone, the sky is clear with only a few clouds not as dark anymore and the sun shines warmly.
Spring is in the air.

5 Likes

Around my house there are lilacs in bloom…

7 Likes

Whether it is a highlight, at this moment for me definitely.
After I lost my cat Maggie after about 1.5 years full of worries, a short time later my uncle died…my horse started to get sick again :pensive: but now she is on the road to recovery and that just makes me happy at this moment :relaxed:

She is my life, my strength my last companion with Emma on this path :heart: and always my highlight

8 Likes

I was never good at gymnastics in school, I was considered clumsy… During the pandemic I realized that doing things here on the farm didn’t do anything for my body… There was a ■■■■■■■■ and I still don’t really know why I applied for a few test lessons at the dojo. I remember myself thinking “I’m to old for this” whilst looking at the 17 year-old boys that came for the same reason… They quit after a while but I started going 3 times a week and yesterday I made it one step closer to a Dan-grade (I will do my best in November or maybe next year to tryout for one). But this made me so happy, I still feel like I’m dead, and I have been resting almost the whole day today but look…

6 Likes

@maria_lavendula_77
can I say congratulations? I honestly don’t know :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.
In any case, you will make it next year :relaxed: because if you can train 3 times a week, you have a certain inner strength :wink::grinning::star_struck:

2 Likes

Yes, you can thank you! :heart:You can even ask me of I’m crazy going 3 times a week (in total 8 hours in the dojo a week +6 hours if you count driving there and home). I’m not going to lie I need someone to tell me how and what to do, I don’t think I would put as much effort if I didn’t have a sensei that put demands on me. But I haven’t gotten much done today as I don’t tend to bounce back as perhaps someone younger, some segmenting (the animals outside of course) and sleeping was all that my body allowed but still. I think everyone should find something similar but maybe not push as hard.

2 Likes

I did this quiz, and I was surprised how many I knew! :smiley: Definitely an highlight of the day!

A quiz that’s all bark, no bite. :smile:

Name that tree!

You can choose to keep the timer on, or turn it off. :wink:

3 Likes

Congrats to India for making it to the moon!

3 Likes

:india: :rocket: :new_moon_with_face: South side of the moon landing.

2 Likes

Who Gave you The Permission TO GIVE UP?! God did NOT Give You The Permission To Give Up! KEEP GOING!

Listening to this post imparted a lot of inspiration.
- Leerla73 :blush::sunflower:

2 Likes