The new beta design of Viki's homepage

I agree. The truth of the matter is that Viki’s volunteers represent a tiny fragment of its total audience. I would say less than 0.01%. And to Viki the audience, where the money comes from, comes first. It’s not really a surprise.

3 Likes

omg this is a nightmare :triumph: :fearful:

I see they have moved the Watch History first and that’s good. But Collection is no where to be found. They really need to add that.

The images and text is way too large for a laptop. That image and font size fits smaller screen better but not on a big screen. And for me the thumbnail row seems too wide for my screen and cuts off without a way to click to step one thumbnail next. Only to click into the category.

I still think it’s weird the top menu is still there but have removed Message icon and thus you don’t see if you have messages unless you click into your profile - which I never do.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

You need to scroll all the way down, the last two are Viki’s collections and Fan’s collections.

Thank you but I did scroll all the way down and it’s not there for me. Only viki and fans collections but not my own.

This is something VIKI should consider for new layout designs… easier way to find and suggest titles:

Best would be an icon on the main page that directly leads to the suggest form.

3 Likes

Since the launch of the new beta design, my streaming is poor. It only happens on Viki and it doesn’t matter which show I am watching. Can anyone help me trouble shoot this? For instance, I will be watching a show and it freezes. I have to skip ahead 10 seconds for it to do anything. Reloading the page doesn’t even help. Netflix and YouTube are working just fine.

1 Like

But the new design is only for the homepage, not for the video pages. Plus you can “not” choose to view Viki with the beta, then it’s all normal.
I think that it may be a coincidence, and there’s another technical issue. Why don’t you write to Help Center?

Since the beta launch there are several bugs, some are gone, some are still there.

It’s quite annoyingso I assume that there are certain issues in VIKIs “background software” that are already causing trouble, because they use 2 versions at the same time with fluid change from main page (beta) to watch page (old system).

e.g. before the beta launch I didn’t have to reload the page between every episode because otherwise I now don’t see any subs anymore when I watch something and the next episode will start automtically. So yeah, it is annoying to use VIKI at the moment.

2 Likes

@ sonmachinima
The same thing is happening to me the page keeps freezing and no matter what I do, it won’t work for me. I reload the page, I forward it 10 seconds to see but nothing I did worked.

I gave up watching the drama, went back a time later and the same issue started again. Restarted my laptop to see (some updates were installed earlier) nothing changed. Bugs are famous here at viki and I have no doubt one is going around right now, so I’ll just wait.

1 Like

I think your own collections are always on your profile page

I have to scroll a full 2 more times to get to the bottom of the page because of the enormous ads. I find the thumbnails jumping off the screen just… annoying.

1 Like

I really like that it allows you to see immediately what program and episode you were last watching. I guess that is very viewer oriented but as a viewer I like it. I find it a bit difficult to get to where I left off on the phone app.

1 Like

In my current page I have a link up in the righthand corner that I click to go to my Last watch episodes and a tab there for my collections.
But now they have moved Last seen and Collections further up on the Beta version so it’s better.

But I still don’t like the layout because it’s too big, both images and fonts, for larger screens. I hope they fix that.

Shouldn’t it be responsive, i.e. a smaller version for cellphones and tablets?

It should be responsive, adjusting to screen sizes. After reading the issue description, i think the issue is not that its not smaller on the smaller screen, just that it feels too big in general compared to the old design. Am i reading that right? Care to share your screen shot for old and new homepage, i am curious to see the effect about what you are mentioning. I can see mine, but womdering if some OS or browser differences are exaggerating the effect for you

2 Likes

Yes, it’s suppose to be responsive. Right now it looks like it’s the same size as for mobile which always look too big for larger screens. Hopefully they will edit it.

Right now I have 90% zoom level on this board because the font is too large on my laptop.
See if anyone else is on a laptop and agrees with me.

The pictures and the font are too large, also the banners doesn’t really fit plus while scolling it has a delay that wasn’t there with the old version.

So overall worse than now imo.

Old - with! language header:

nice

New: Super crowded and ugly and without language header:

super%20crowded

Same browser scaling. Just that the beta layout looks terrible. And is bad for scrolling on PC. The old design has some space at left and right side of the page while the beta design puts everthing on the ends of the screen (left/right side).

1 Like

That’s what bothered me so much. It’s really “to much”.

Rather than having a new website look, I wish there was a way to make people stop rating down a show because there are no subtitles in their language.

4 Likes