The new Video player beta version - I hate it!

I came back after being offline from Viki for a few days and was like “what happened?”
Yeah, I also hope they listen to the feedback :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey Adrian,

I was looking around the options on the forum to pin this post and it looks like we don’t have that option on this setup.
Looks like we’re only able to pin threads instead of posts. Just wanted to share!

Mariliam

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful feedback! Keep them coming and add all your thoughts ideas and concerns on the Give Feedback tab at the bottom of the video player.39

1 Like

I switched out twice and the new video player was disabled permanently with no opt-in option. I am very happy it is disabled. I can post my episode comments and satisfy my show critic addiction again.

3 Likes

Let’s hope so, but I’m still a bit anxious, maybe they’re just working on version 2 behind the scenes and they’ll come up with something else later.

1 Like

This new video player is no good. its just plainly horribly designed.

6 Likes

First time I got the new player and first impression is that, just like everything else, it’s formatted for fit phones and small tablets. Me, who watched on my tv, the small font is absolutely massive and covers a third of the screen.
Please give us more font sizes so there are small fonts for tv users and large fonts for phone users.

Now I’m going to watch an episode and I might be back with more feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I got it today and I was like: NOOO!!! :scream:

Maybe that’s why I have some bugs going wild for me since yesterday.

3 Likes

I got mine today as well and I HATE it. I watch on my laptop. It wont let me size the subs and so they’re gigantic, and I had to turn the comments of becuase again huge. Does anyone know how to get back to old settings. Beta is testing, surely they cant have rolled it out without sorting out all the bugs.

7 Likes

Hi angelight313_168, thanks for the direction but unfortunately I don’t see a feedback link. Where is it? The only one I can see is in the subtitle tools, which I filled and sent. Or do you mean the Video Issues on the main menu when the video is in play? Sorry I need the idiots guide version. :slight_smile: Thanks

3 Likes

This is what it showed me before, and i clicked ok, got it! After that it gave me the option to go back to my old player and give feedback. I pressed navigate easily the first time I believe not ok, got it!. Did u try that option?

1 Like

Are you using the new video player? It should have a big black Give Feedback box right at the bottom of it. From what I can tell, though, Viki is rolling back on the new features and just sticking with the old player.

I did get that screen that shown in your msg. Unfortunately I havent been asked feedback, or any option or pop-up

3 Likes

It’s the Beta version I’m sure becuase it’s so different and also pretty much as described by others on this thread. I wish I could see a Give Feedback box. I keep refreshing hoping it’ll appear. Honestly you’d think they’d be careful how the beta version rolls out.

2 Likes

@shmsy

I don’t think they are showing the Feedback option anymore. I tried several on air drama and the new video player comes up with no Feedback option.Sorry…:frowning:

2 Likes

Ever since I cleared my browser’s cache, I haven’t been able to use the new player. I’m totally fine with that. It was a mess. I’m hoping Viki is working on a better version…

5 Likes

@angelight313_168 and @adrianmorales . Thanks both, appreciate the help.

1 Like

Oh gosh I can’t get rid of the new video player version now. I hate it with a passion! The screen is huge you can’t go to comments, and adding a time comment is a draggggggggg bc it takes a while to show. Do they really want to please viewers or discourage them from viewing dramas??? Totally disappointed.

Even to add the subtitles is a whole mission!!! What a way to ruin ppl’s mood when watching dramas. .

6 Likes

I can’t figure out how to go to the old video player!!! New is definitely not better.

7 Likes

I feel bad for volunteers who have to navigate a new system.
Is this Viki’s way of eliminating comments on episode pages?

4 Likes