The strangest / most original dramas you've ever watched? 😯

JadeCloud, is Namsoon a remake of Bong Soon, or are they different stories from the same “universe?” I really enjoyed Bong Soon - hilarious, a really well-written love-triangle story, admirable characters, and Park Bo-Young just rocked the title role (she became a fave after I saw her later in “Oh My Ghost!” It’s like she was born on a stage.) I’ve seen “Namsoon” currently available in the roster of some streaming service - either Fletnix or A-zonPrime, I forget. Though I’m not convinced the story concept is strong enough to support a whole second series, I might check it out anyway.

But to answer the lead question: The strangest drama I’ve seen would have to be the original “Galileo” with Masaharu Fukuyama and Kou Shibasaki (both of them successful Pop singers when they’re not acting.)

Fukuyama-san plays a genius physics professor named Yukawa-sensei; Shibasaki-san plays a rookie cop named Utsumi-san who gets assigned bizarre cases nobody else wants to tackle. She asks him for his input and he always refuses - until she tells him that the case is “impossible.” Which she knows is irresistible bait that he always takes. So together they investigate these weird, seemingly impossible cases - and in the end they always have perfectly rational though scientifically obscure explanations.
It’s one of those dramas that makes me think - and that’s always a good thing (some of my buds say “a rare thing” but I try not to listen to them. :grin:)

Oh, 'just thought of another: “Subete ga F ni Naru,” or “The Perfect Insider,” which I think ran on C-roll before they went 95% Anime. It’s similar to Galileo in that a mismatched but symbiotic pair of investigators solves bizarre cases - in this series they’re all locked-room mysteries, so each episode is like a mind puzzle:

'Really wish I could watch these again
 hint hint!

1 Like

This sounds like a fun/interesting drama.

As for Strong Girl Namsoon, it is a story in the same ‘universe’. I believe the FL is a cousin of Do Bong Soon’s, or at least a relative of some kind.

1 Like

I watched the School Nurse Files a while ago. This is a weird one too. :grin:

1 Like

Same here, I can’t quite decide whether I want to watch it or not!

1 Like

Yes, the jellies. I still managed to enjoy the drama.

W is great in my opinion, but I am a fan of supernatural/ time travelling stories. I wouldn’t have thought of it weird to be honest. A very good watch with enough to keep your brain working through the story. :slight_smile:

1 Like